SummerSlam Main Event?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Cena's sidetracked with the U.S title.
Owens and Cena at SS is likely.
Ambrose is played out.
Wyatt's with Reigns...
Lesnar's with Taker...

Who's facing Rollins now? Sting?

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Taker was a one off IMO. It's Lesnar vs Rollins again.

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
Was my thread title changed or am I going insane? Either way, I can't see Taker being a one off...that'd be weird.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Had to edit out the spoiler in the title, you generally have to wait 24 hours before publicizing spoilers without a warning. You're good though.

I don't think Taker was a one off thing in my opinion, he'll probably face Lesnar at SummerSlam and get his revenge. As for Rollins' opponent, I'd go with Triple H I guess. Maybe a triple threat with him, Lesnar, and Taker? It's really up in the air right now.

Hornswoggler

Jobber
Reaction score
Had to edit out the spoiler in the title, you generally have to wait 24 hours before publicizing spoilers without a warning. You're good though.

I don't think Taker was a one off thing in my opinion, he'll probably face Lesnar at SummerSlam and get his revenge. As for Rollins' opponent, I'd go with Triple H I guess. Maybe a triple threat with him, Lesnar, and Taker? It's really up in the air right now.
I was thinking a Triple Threat Match for the Summer Slam PPV between Rollins/Lesnar/Undertaker. That would be pretty great.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I suspect that Cena will defend the US Title against Kevin Owens and Cesaro in a triple-threat match (with Owens pinning Cesaro to win the title, because god forbid if Cena had to take two clean pinfall losses to the same guy) and since they generally don't like booking two triple threats on the same show, Brock vs Undertaker will probably happen one-on-one. Whichever direction they go in, I'd be very, very surprised if the Undertaker interference ended up being just a one-off thing. You don't cost Brock the championship and then expect to just disappear without fear of reprisal.

Don't be surprised if Seth Rollins defended his title against "The Vigilante" Sting. I've got no problem with that storyline except I can't see Sting losing two battles in a row against The Authority, which means there's a good possibility of Sting winning the WWE Championship, only to be cashed in on Sheamus afterwards (which would be awful.)

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Looks like it'll probably be a triple-threat after all. Brought to you by yet another Reddit user (or the same one under a different username for some reason) claiming to have inside info: https://www.reddit.com/r/WWE/comments/3dwpku/major_spoilers_latest_news_regarding_the/
According to my sources backstage, the main event of SummerSlam is expected to be Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker. Officials are worried about Undertaker's health, as his knees and back are "going through hell", according to doctors, which is why they decided for a triple threat match. Furthermore, the match ended in a no contest because Vince McMahon felt it was best to preserve Brock Lesnar's credibility.

The current plan is for Rollins to retain the title at SummerSlam against Lesnar and Undertaker. Officials, especially Vince, are extremely worried about the star power of the full-time roster, so Rollins going over Undertaker and Lesnar is meant to solidify him as a cornerstone of the company.

As of this writing, Rollins is scheduled to begin his feud with Triple H after SummerSlam

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If it doesn't pan out that way, then... LOL at those reddit geeks claiming to have 'sources inside WWE' :booker2:

I'm willing to give 'em the benefit of the doubt, though. They did promise that something unexpected would happen in the main event of Battleground, and they delivered. He, she, or they even all but came out and said that it would involve the Undertaker a day or so before the rumor came out that he would be appearing at the PPV, and that's on top of a few other predictions that they had already gotten right beforehand. We'll see. I'm actually hoping they're right because Seth being caught in-between Brock Lesnar and the Undertaker in a triple-threat would make for a fine Summerslam main event to me.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm willing to give 'em the benefit of the doubt, though. They did promise that something unexpected would happen in the main event of Battleground, and they delivered. He, she, or they even all but came out and said that it would involve the Undertaker a day or so before the rumor came out that he would be appearing at the PPV, and that's on top of a few other predictions that they had already gotten right beforehand. We'll see. I'm actually hoping they're right because Seth being caught in-between Brock Lesnar and the Undertaker in a triple-threat would make for a fine Summerslam main event to me.

It could be a fine SS main event, but why would Seth go over Taker and Brock in the same night when he's looked like a bitch ever since he won the title at WM?
Of course, they could have Sheamus cash in on Rollins and trigger his face turn, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of that scenario.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Possibility of Taker winning the title match and Sheamus cashing in on him, setting up Sheamus (who wouldn't be champ anymore) against Taker at Mania?

Just spitballin'.

wk

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
So Takers knees and back are going through hell yet they decide to bring him back anyway? Why?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
So Takers knees and back are going through hell yet they decide to bring him back anyway? Why?
If he's around then he probably feels he can go. Plus, with WM 32 being in Texas and possibly drawing 100k, this may be Taker's last year so he's gonna go all out before he leaves (don't think he'll work on TV or anything, but he'll probably work a few more PPVs).

Anyway, I guess Brock/Taker. Maybe a triple threat with Seth, idk. Just don't care anymore really

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
Triple threat seems very likely and Taker will be getting his corpse dragged around or selling moves off camera...yikes.