SummerSlam Main Event?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
I'm so glad I'm going to SummerSlam. This is going to be fucking epic

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
If Undertaker is in pain then he shouldn't be wrestling at his age. I also don't see how Brock's credibility will be hurt if he loses a match. It's crazy to think that Vince wants Rollins to win that triple threat match to be considered a big player. If he's really going to face Hunter after that then they must not feel to good about Roman at all.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If Undertaker is in pain then he shouldn't be wrestling at his age. I also don't see how Brock's credibility will be hurt if he loses a match. It's crazy to think that Vince wants Rollins to win that triple threat match to be considered a big player. If he's really going to face Hunter after that then they must not feel to good about Roman at all.

I'm a bit surprised that whole project Reigns has been slowed down. Looks like they're saving his first big WWE-WHC win for next year's Mania.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It could be a fine SS main event, but why would Seth go over Taker and Brock in the same night when he's looked like a bitch ever since he won the title at WM?
Of course, they could have Sheamus cash in on Rollins and trigger his face turn, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of that scenario.

Seth is a chickenshit heel in the same vein that JBL was in 2004-05, where he often finds himself in situations where the odds are stacked heavily against him but keeps managing slip away with the title every time regardless.

The most puzzling thing about this report to me is that Seth is supposedly gonna walk out of this triple-threat match still the reigning champion, yet is gonna begin a rivalry with HHH sometime shortly afterwards anyway? Unless their plan is to turn HHH/The Authority babyface (Stephanie herself came off as a face last week in her segment with the Divas), then I'm puzzled as to why Seth having a monumentally successful title defense over Brock and Taker in the same match is supposed to cause dissension between he and Hunter.

Hornswoggler

Jobber
Reaction score
The Undertaker or any wrestler should never wrestle if the pain is too damn bad. I know the business of wrestling there will be pain involved, but it is effecting someone long term then they should consider hanging it up. I imagine it has happened to many wrestlers before and The Undertaker surely isn't hurting for money.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Seth is a chickenshit heel in the same vein that JBL was in 2004-05, where he often finds himself in situations where the odds are stacked heavily against him but keeps managing slip away with the title every time regardless.

The most puzzling thing about this report to me is that Seth is supposedly gonna walk out of this triple-threat match still the reigning champion, yet is gonna begin a rivalry with HHH sometime shortly afterwards anyway? Unless their plan is to turn HHH/The Authority babyface (Stephanie herself came off as a face last week in her segment with the Divas), then I'm puzzled as to why Seth having a monumentally successful title defense over Brock and Taker in the same match is supposed to cause dissension between he and Hunter.

That'd be a head-scratching situation, for sure.
I mean, Seth retaining over Brock and Taker in the same night would be huge, and afterwards there's supposed to be some dissension 'tween Seth and Trips? Nah-ah.
The only way I'd buy the dissension 'tween those two is if Rollins retained the title, only for Sheamus to attack and cash in on him afterwards.
That would probably piss off HHH and he'd then attack Rollins for losing the title and thus triggering Rollins' face turn.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
They must truly believe in Seth. I'm famished because it seems he was chosen so randomly.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
That'd be a head-scratching situation, for sure.
I mean, Seth retaining over Brock and Taker in the same night would be huge, and afterwards there's supposed to be some dissension 'tween Seth and Trips? Nah-ah.
The only way I'd buy the dissension 'tween those two is if Rollins retained the title, only for Sheamus to attack and cash in on him afterwards.
That would probably piss off HHH and he'd then attack Rollins for losing the title and thus triggering Rollins' face turn.

I suppose one way is to have Seth decide he doesn't want to be associated with The Authority anymore and wants to do things on his own from now on (especially after weeks of boiling tension between he and HHH/Stephanie over something), at which point Triple H (who takes great offense and exception to this) drops him and maybe orchestrates things so that Sheamus cashes in on him after (even though I hate the idea of a 3rd Authority-chosen champion.) He then puts Rollins on the shelf himself with a hellacious beat-down and cuts a promo the following week about how they did everything for Seth and practically made him champion and yet he just turned his back on them like he was bigger than The Authority, and they had lay down the law once again that no one is above than The Authority.

Another reason I can't see Seth turning face yet is because Kane is probably returning for yet another run as the masked "Big Red Monster", and a feud with Rollins over the title is something they've wanted to do for months. Unless they brought back Kane as a heel to dispose of Rollins once and for all or something, but I can't see that happening given how Seth kicked him when he down and injured.

The Authority are much, much better as heels either way. They are much easier to hate than they are to love (especially Stephanie), and since they're planning on doing The Rock vs Triple H and maybe even Stephanie vs Ronda at next year's Wrestlemania, I don't see any sense in turning them faces.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score

Didn't Hunter turn on Randy during Evolution because of jealousy? Have you heard anywhere when the match between Hunter and Seth will take place. It seems that match would take months to plan for.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Didn't Hunter turn on Randy during Evolution because of jealousy? Have you heard anywhere when the match between Hunter and Seth will take place. It seems that match would take months to plan for.

Yep. The night after Summerslam 2004. The fallout between HHH and Seth would have to be somewhat different though, because Hunter isn't a full-time competitor anymore and he WANTS Seth as the champion unlike he did with Orton back then, and unlike when Orton split from The Authority as well, there's no one else around for Rollins to grow disdainful of that he fears is taking his spot.

As far as a match between them goes, it was originally rumored for Summerslam but I figure if they split anytime between now and Wrestlemania, it'll probably be Survivor Series at the earliest or the Royal Rumble at the latest. (Or maybe they'll wrestle as early as Night Of Champions and then have their feud culminate inside the cell in October, I dunno. That all seems a bit rushed, but at least it'd be a big program to spice up the Fall period, which is always the deadest period of the year for WWE.)

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Yep. The night after Summerslam 2004. The fallout between HHH and Seth would have to be somewhat different though, because Hunter isn't a full-time competitor anymore and he WANTS Seth as the champion unlike he did with Orton back then, and unlike when Orton split from The Authority as well, there's no one else around for Rollins to grow disdainful of that he fears is taking his spot.

As far as a match between them goes, it was originally rumored for Summerslam but I figure if they split anytime between now and Wrestlemania, it'll probably be Survivor Series at the earliest or the Royal Rumble at the latest. (Or maybe they'll wrestle as early as Night Of Champions and then have their feud culminate inside the cell in October, I dunno. That all seems a bit rushed, but at least it'd be a big program to spice up the Fall period, which is always the deadest period of the year for WWE.)
I see now. I'd prefer if they take their time with this. The fans will seem to enjoy the bitterness and drama of it all. Make Hunter so maniacal that the fans absolutely despise him and it might make Rocky think before missing Wrestlemania again. I'm sure Hunter is thinking about it. The better things go between Hunter and Seth and the closer to April it gets then Rocky and Ronda Rousey can get involved. I have no inside info, so I'm just guessing like all of you.

Raine

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think SummerSlam will continue with the Main Even being Taker vs. Lesnar, but it seems like the WWE just might be gearing up for a Rollins vs. Cena matchup at SS. If that is the case I think Rollins would win that match and then they go back to Lesnar & Rollins again shortly after SummerSlam.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I think SummerSlam will continue with the Main Even being Taker vs. Lesnar, but it seems like the WWE just might be gearing up for a Rollins vs. Cena matchup at SS. If that is the case I think Rollins would win that match and then they go back to Lesnar & Rollins again shortly after SummerSlam.
Cena could very well win the title, and that'd scare me. It would make sense. WWE puts the strap on Cena during the dry months of the WWE (September-December) and Rollins can face Kane, or turn face and win the RR. :(

Raine

The Artiste
Reaction score
Cena could very well win the title, and that'd scare me. It would make sense. WWE puts the strap on Cena during the dry months of the WWE (September-December) and Rollins can face Kane, or turn face and win the RR. :(
I actually hope Cena doesn't win the title. I like Cena & all, but we have been down that road it seems a million times before.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

I understand that Seth is a chicken shit heel much like JBL was. But that character made sense for JBL. JBL is fat, unathletic, and just a brute. I can see that gimmick working well.

Seth, on the contrary, is fast, cut, and very prescise in the ring. The opposite of JBL. I just don't think this image suites him well.

Last edited: