Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Killswitch

Reaction score
Layer Cake - Daniel Craig trying to sell cocaine and not get involved with the dirty parts of the drug world. Of course he gets dragged in to the fray. Quite a few twists, I liked this movie. 3.5/5

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 6.5/10

I really wasn't sure whether to give this a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. I went with 6.5. When I was channel flicking and found this just starting, I wanted to turn it off, since I initially thought that the odd style of the movie was going to drive me insane. I managed to get over that and watch it all the way through. It wasn't bad. The sheer originality of the film had won me over by the end.

Overall though, there's things about the movie which undermine it; Cera playing the same role he's played for the past five years, and the tired and thoroughly overused "outrageous (gay) best friend". When you consider that a movie lives and dies by the laughs that it generates, and that Cera/Gay best friend are the supposed foundation for the majority of laughs in the movie, I found it hard to really appreciate the humour. It felt like the same comedies that hollywood has been pumping out since 2006, but with that strange comic-book style.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I thought it was a total shambles. Cera wasn't really the problem he did just about as much as the film would let him, which wasn't enough. The main flaw was that it was way too OTT, the way people spoke just became annoying and clitched, and there was not characters or story to speak of. Basically it was never as clever as it thought it was and was over long and boring.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it was a total shambles. One big problem was, as you mentioned, how clever the film thought it was. That sequence in the first half of the movie where it constantly transitions between scenes in a variety of different ways irritated me. They literally ploughed through around 10 scenes in a minute. Every time Cera blinked he'd be in some sort of different place or flying through some fancy dream sequence. I thought that side of the animation detached the viewer from the movie and made it tough to invest your focus in it.

On the other hand, I feel that a percentage of the animation makes it unique. Granted, some of the animation is way over the top and is utterly unnecessary, but some of it isn't, and (in my opinion) benefits the movie. 'Some' being the key word.

As I said, not a total shambles, but far from great.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Another problem is that only the last of the seven Ex-Boyfriends has any kind of back story, so that storyline basically falls flat.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Hall Pass - Two long married men are granted "hall passes" from their wives for a week to be free to do what they want. Some funny stuff, some lame shit. It had its moments though. Watched it on the couch with low expectations. 2.5/5

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Today was double movie bluckbuster! Perfect times at my theater allowed me to see two movies today.

Cars 2

Okay, okay. So I didn't even see the first Cars until 3 years or so after the release of it, but anyways. All I can say is, that I am not a fan. The story was actually really good, but nothing could drawl me in. There was some nice spots, but really, I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. Basically it revolves around Mater being confused as a secret Agent and a global race cup that a group of "Lemon" cars is trying to stop. Unless you have a kid that wants to go see this, or you're just a fan of Cars, then I wouldn't see it.

Green Lantern

I loved it. Plain and simple. Now, I'm not one of those dicks that will hate a comic book movie because "it wasn't spot fucking on to the comics!" I liked it for what it was, A MOVIE. A movie BASED off of the comics. If I wanted to see the comic version of it, I would pick up the comic, and fucking read it. But it was good, almost 2 hours long, but it didn't feel like it at all. I think that the "big fight" of the movie wasn't really that good, so it kinda felt anti-climactic, and it was corny in some parts, but overall, a nice movie of the comic.

8.5/10

PegasusKid

Reaction score
Never Let Me GO

This was a brilliant film based around he mid 1900's and follows the life of a clone bred for organ donations. It takes you into the heartless world of organ farming and the lives that these clones live as they are treated like caged animals shetered from the outside world. Al in all was a great film and I thouroughly enjoyed it

7/10

Killswitch

Reaction score
Unstoppable - Denzel and the new Captain Kirk pair up in this "real life" story about a runaway train. Tony Scott does a great job of slowly building up the tension and some of the shots are excellent. They probably had about a dozen helicopter pilots for this film and they used them to the fullest. Worthy of a watch. 3.5/5

Killswitch

Reaction score
Repo-Man - Jude Law is a repo man for the Union, a company that makes and sells bio-mechanical human organs to people. Jude and his body collect those organs when people stop paying on them. Anyway, it's a semi cool concept, there's lots of action scenes, but the movie falls flat. 2/5

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Oh good for you, that is in my top ten of the year so far, Knightly is improving as a actress all the time.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Going The Distance - Holy shit, this was surprisingly very funny. Buyed by a lot of hilarious supporting players, this movie would've been hugely successful if Justin Long wasn't the star. Great script. 4/5

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Population 436-7/10

A movie about a religious town that keeps it population at 436 no matter at what costs. I've watched this several times and it's solid thriller. I like the twists throughout the movie. I wish they would have got someone else to play the main cop than Fred Durst, but I find it hard to complain with how good the movie flows. Some really neat scenes are the festival that they have to get the population back down 436(I don't want to spoil that) and when the main character is trying to escape with a little girl they meet this odd family living a jail cell that seem really happy to be there. If you are a fan of thrillers you should check this out.

Kairi

Reaction score
faster - 2/5 i just didn't like it, the rock looked good though

Kairi

Reaction score
the lincoln lawyer - 3/5 good movie but you have to pay attention to fully understand it.