Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^Disappointed that Paul isn't very good. I am a Pegg and Frost fan and was hoping this would be up there with Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Inception
Awesome movie. They explain everything well in the first fifteen minutes and I like how they use Ariadne, through the questions she asks Cobb, to help explain more throughout the film. Great action film and for such an obscure concept the story actual works quite well. Everything is really well explained and from reading some reviews it sounded like it was a complicated movie to watch but it wasn't in the end. It is far-fetched but other than that it is great. I really liked the ending as well with the spinning top still spinning, it shows that he doesn't care anymore about extraction/inception this was his last job and now he is back with his family he doesn't care about that world anymore. One of the best films I have seen in a very long time and it will be one I watch again and again.

9/10

Me too Troy, I loved those films as well Spaced on TV.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
True Grit (2010) 7.5/10
The ending was a bit weak, but apart from that thought it was gripping and stylish entertainment, with a host of great performances, not top draw Coens, but good stuff anyway.

Dademo

Reaction score
Saving Private Ryan

I may be one to give high ratings to movies that may not deserve it, but I think this film deserves a 10, no doubt. I mean, it's just so realistic of real war, especially during WW2. Did I fight in that war? No, but let's face it, We all know it's just like the Americans invade, the germans get down on their knees and surrender, and that's the rest. Limbs will be blown off, guts spilled, and we saw that in this movie.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Heaven Knows, Mr Ailson (1957) 7/10
Simler to the African Queen, but a bit more down to earth and realistic, on the other hand to does not have the touching central realtionship of that film, and is not as exciting to watch. Both are good in their own way, but I would go with TAQ as it works more on a cinematic level.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Raging Bull 9/10
One of Scorsese's very best films, just a haunting and scary descent into hell, and a compelling portrait of a narssist. You really get the sense of the creepy, and lonely word of people in boxing. De Niro of couse is excellent, just in his transformation, but Joe Pesci's supporting performance as his brother should not be overlooked either.

The Striaght Story 8.5/10
For people who are not into David Lynch's more extreme, surreal work (in other words people who need sorting out:der:), this is the perfect film, the true life story of a man who traveled across america on a lawnmower to visit his ill brother is a straght forward and yet compelling, and funny tale, although it does still have the classic Lynch moments, with a few dreamlike images, and is still a very atmospheric picture. The score from long time Lynch collebator Angelo Badalamenti is simply stunning, and one of his finest works. It is gentle, but earie film.

Highwaymen 5.5/10
Sort of fine in a nuts and bolts, expotion sense, but really not a lot to the film, and does lack the shocks and the unpredictability of The Hitcher which was directed by the same guy.

Tonight I am seeing Never Let Me Go. The trailer makes it look awful, but it has been getting strong reviews, with the cast getting special priase, and at least on paper it seems an intertesting idea.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Won't do a review as it was a while ago, but I highly recommend Never Let Me Go, defantly in the top five films I have seen at the cinema this year so far. It is a totally engrossing, moving, but chilling watch, with some great performances, espcially from Knightly who is improving as an actress all the time, I think fans of the novel may well be impressed too.

The Blue Angel (Der Blaue Engel) (1930) 7.5/10
One of the first talking films to come out of Germany, and what a treat it is too. Featuring compelling performances from both Emil Jannings and Marlene Dietrich, it starts off as a wild full-on farce, but slowly twists into a very effective, if bleak drama about a once highly respected professior, down on his luck, and reduced to a complete shambles by the end. Also has interesting things to say about female performers in night clubs at the time. Surely has to be a heavy infulence on Cabaret.

Criminal (2004) 7/10
Solid remake of the Argentian film Nine Queens, a pretty basic foulma is given added length by a meaty John C. Reilly performances, along with good support from the likes of Peter Mullan, and the always brillant Maggie Gyllenhaal, the script is quite sharp, and there is a nice twist in the tail at the end. Not as slick, or with as much depth as the origanal, but still very enjoyable.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Infamous (2007) 7.5/10
A more human take on Truman Capote than the cold one we saw in Capote, it also takes a more focused look at his circle of friends as well as celebrity life, before having the darker moments in the second half of the film. I still like the Philip Seymour Hoffman version better, but this is well worth a look.

The Flash

Reaction score
Re: Rate/Summarize The Last Movie You Saw

Couples Retreat

6/10 Was'nt as funny as i thought it would be

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar

The last 3 movies I saw were: Riget - The Kingdom I, Riget - The Kingdom II and Vertigo.

Riget is actually a TV mini-series that appeared on Danish television for a span of two series (Eight episodes, each about 1:12.). It was directed by Lars von Trier, noted Danish director. However, it was compiled as two four hour movies and marketed in the west and it appears on the 1001 movies to watch before you die list. The TV show/Movie is incredible to say the least. If you've watched those culty shows that appeal to niche audiences, ala Twin Peaks, LOST, The X-Files, Fringe etc, you'll be in familiar territory as soon as you kick off. On a side note, Riget was adapted for American TV by none other than Stephen King, and his version, "Kingdom Hospital" ran for a full 17 episodes if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, the show is unlike anything that would air on American primetime TV right now, and it deals with the supernatural happenings and the mundane daily lives of the doctors and patients in Righospitalet in Copenhagen. There is a strong mixture of the surreal, mundane and the supernatural here, which provides for a refreshing result. A spiritualist wanders the halls of the hospital looking for clue's relating to a young girl she thought she heard in the elevator, a student tries to woo an attending nurse, a senior doctor tries to hide his negligence, a mysterious ambulance appears and disappears every single night and a surgeon finds out that she has been impregnated by a ghost. But it's not all grim as there is a strong dose of comedy as well. Helmer is one of the stronger characters on the show, and there are moments with him that are just golden. If there was one complaint I had with the entire thing, it is that one can argue that the end doesn't justify the means, as the series comes to an abrupt stop with too many questions unanswered. But still, this is an offbeat masterpiece if there was any. It's a shame they never got to make that third series. Rating: Series 1 - 9.5/10, Series 2 - 8.5/10

Vertigo was another movie I saw today, it was directed by Alfred Hitchcock and it came out in the late 50s. A retired acrophobic detective is hired to investigate a woman's dual-life. His investigation leads him to love, loss and grief, but what was most surprising was the plot twist in the middle. Boy I never saw that one coming. The ending was brilliant, and the movie was an instant like with me. Rating: 9/10

Dademo

Reaction score
Jarhead 7/10

Shows the reality of being a Marine, the physical and mental effects of it as well. I expected it to be sort of like Black Hawk Down, and in a way that I observed it, it kind of was, but there wasn't much action or fighting scenes which, going into the movie, if your expecting that, and you don't get it, it's kind of a dissapointment.

American History X 8/10

This movie is an Edward Norton classic in my opinion, and he did very well in this film. This movie is strong and powerful, and shows how two brothers become neo-nazi's and how one is set freed and sees everything different after being in prison. It contained the promise of being more than it is though, and I was sort of shocked at the ending.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Jarhead is avenge in IMO, on a techical level it is well put together with some good performances too. I know the point is that very little happens, but in this case that doesn't make for a very interesting film, another problem is that they don't tell enough of a back story about the characters, and the satire just wasn't strong enough, they just act like frat boys, and that is it. Sam Mendes still hasn't approached the level of American Beauty, although Revultionaly Road and Away We Go were both good.

Really like American History X, gripping from start to finish!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Great Escape

This classic film was on television the other day and I decided to watch it. It is about the great escape that occured during WWII by allied prisoners from a German POW camp. It is a fantastic story of how determined people are and what they can do together. The general principle of trying to consume as many German resources as possible to prevent them from focussing on the front line is great. They had a great story to work with and although they changed some parts the general story is kept the same. A great cast and the story made it so thrilling to watch. I also like how they didn't change the ending and make it so that more escaped, three escaped and then more than fifty were killed whilst escaping. They kept that honesty and it made it much better. Overall a great story and I would recommend it to anyone.

8.5/10

Kairi

Reaction score

priest

idk why my friends wanted to see this. i told them it would suck and it did

michaelsheen

Reaction score

I have watched priest movie.it suck me.The 50% movie was sucking and remaining half was good.I don't want to watch it again.If you want to watch this movie then i will say that don;t waste your time.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Tenebrae [Sotto gli Occhi dell' Assassino] [1982] 6/10
I am a big Dario Argento fan, but this was a bit of a mis-step for me. It was just too smutty, and throw away, and the characters too poorly written, and plotty long winded to the point where it loses tension, the acting is pretty rotten too, although I understand that might be on purpose. The music is fantastic, and in the last twenty minutes there are some good shocks, and satifiying death. Stylished, but just a little too silly and explictive.