Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Killswitch

Reaction score
Away We Go - I loved this fucking movie. Funny, well made, and pretty damn endearing. I think I like Krasinski more here than as Jim, and Maya Rudolph did well in her first lead. 8/10

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Adventures of Tintin

I am a huge Tintin fan, I loved the comics and I loved the tv cartoon that was created in the early nineties, I have the DVD of the cartoon and I watch it again and again it is that good. I first heard about the plans for a Tintin film years ago but it kept getting delayed but finally Spielberg and Jackson got all the funding required and they went to work. The film opened today and I saw the first session and it blew my mind. It was incredible and I am desperate to see the sequel and I don't know how I will last two years before it is released. This was absolutely brilliant. The animination was amazing and I am very happy I only saw it in 2D, there is absolutely nothing that 3D could add to this movie. The casting is excellent and I can't fault any performance. The writers clearly read and loved the comics because they perfectly wove multiple stories together and they captured the essence of Tintin. I was a bit thrown off early because the story is slightly different to the actual comics but it was only done to introduce the characters to an audience that may not have read the comics. I can't praise this movie enough, it is a brilliant story, it is true to the comics by not taking itself too seriously and by not showing tonnes of blood, it is the best looking film I think I have ever seen and it is one of my favourite movies. I can't recommend it highly enough and I can't wait for the sequel, I may even see it again at the cinema or I will simply get it on DVD as soon as it is released. One slight complaint is no Professor Calculus but hopefully he appears in the second film.

10/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Away We Go - I loved this fucking movie. Funny, well made, and pretty damn endearing. I think I like Krasinski more here than as Jim, and Maya Rudolph did well in her first lead. 8/10

Good call, it is a favourite of mine too. Some wonderful supporting roles also, with Maggie Gyllenhaal awesome as the scary earth mum.

Ides of March [2011] 7.5/10
A slick, engrossing and by the end chilling account of modern politics. The cast are wonderful, with Ryan Gosling once again very good and Phillip Seymour Hoffman fantastic also. I was a little uncertain about the change of tone in the second half, but I think by the end it convinced me, I thought it was cleaver how they twisted the characters around. Not that I have anything against Clooney as an actor, but based on his first few films as director, it seems he might be on his way to a career in directing which he has never quite had as an actor.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Bridge To Terabithia [2006] 7/10
Overall a fun kids fantasy, with strong effects, solid performances and a darker moment later on which I think was well judged.

Ben

Reaction score
Step Brothers: 9/10

Seen this movie a hundred times but it's still funny as hell, been on a Will Ferral kick and he just kills it in this movie.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Scream 4 (8.5/10)

I've been waiting for this movie since I left the cinema after watching number 3. Easily the second best installment in the franchise, and Wes Craven once proves why he is one of the greatest horror directors of our time. Picking up the red thread from the other movies, making parody of the horror genre, and this time Remakes gets the roast. The movie is hip like the others and make use of modern stuff like facebook and internet. I can't wait for the 5th installment in the series who's gonna parody Prequels

Tooey

Reaction score
Tinker Tailor Solider Spy- Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, Colin Firth, Jon Hurt, and a list of others. Without even seeing the trailer with a casting like that I was impressed. I just got back from the theatre and I was pretty impressed. To summarize this film: it's the anti-James Bond. There are no explosions, no car chases, or shoot outs. That may turn a lot of off but it was fluid and worked well. Admittely, it was very back and forth and you had to pay attention to every little detail. But each member of the cast does an excellent job. I expect an oscar nomination for Oldman as George Smiley. Despite the back and forth, it was excellent and not what you would expect when you hear "spy" film. 9/10

Ben

Reaction score
The Devil Inside: 5/10

I'm not a fan of most new horror movies as I prefer the classics from the 80's and early 90's. Saw this in theaters which made it a bit of a better experiece with people freaking out and screaming over some of the scenes. Personally didn't get that, as I really didn't get one of those jump shit scared out of my seat moments. The story is ok, problem is as soon as it get's going and hit's it stride to movie ends. Average film at best.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Diving Bell and The Butterfly [2007] 9/10
Very, unique, origanal, compelling and tragic movie. What seemed like a almost unfilmable book, is beatuifully reliased on screen.

The Facuity [1998] 7.5/10
Fun, Teen horror/Sci-fi with hammy performances turned up to eleven. It cleverling sends up the likes of the Breakfast Club and Alien. It isn't scary or even that orignal, but the special effects are good, and its a good friday night movie, the sort you don't get anymore.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Rise of the Planet of the Apes - I thought the CGI was pretty good. Really liked the Caesar character seeing him grow up. Hearing Caesar speak was not corny, I thought it was pretty awesome. The fight scene where they escape across the Golden Gate bridge was somewhat overblown but I thought they did pretty well with the origin story. Based on the success of the movie, I expect at least a couple sequels. 4/5

Deuce

Reaction score
I Spit On Your Grave (4/5)

This movie had a decent storyline but had a twisted outcome. It's a great movie for horror movie lovers, it's kind of disturbing but everyone I know likes this movie as well. I recommend it, the storyline is decent and the main actress is a babe, so I recommend giving this movie the time of day.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Super 8

Abysmal.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Yes Man - If this movie was made before Liar Liar, it would have been way better. Way better than Liar Liar. It's kinda cheesy how everything he said yes to actually came in handy later on in the film but I actually liked it. 7.5/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't think saying something is better than Liar Liar is that much of a recommendation. The best thing about that film was Jennifer Tilly.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Rocky Balboa - A lot of the success of this movie depends on its ability to pull on our collective nostalgic heartstrings. Everybody loved Rocky at one point in his life. And Stallone redeems the error known as Rocky V with this one. It's touching, well-acted, and not nearly as superfluous as I thought it would be going in. The Rocky series finally has a fitting ending. 9/10