Stranger Things Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Just got finished with Chapter Eight and I'm really glad they decided to split up this season in two parts, this episode alone was so heavy and action packed

The break before seeing it was needed for sure, like I'm sure Chapter Nine is going to be even more insane and it feels like it's own season, I'll be letting this episode sink in before I see the finale as I personally feel like I'll enjoy it more that way than jumping right in to the next one

Some spoiler notes I made whilst I was watching:

- Heavy Nightmare on Elm Street vibes from the opening Nancy nightmare sequence, wild visions of Hawkins
- That lab with all the demogorgons :worried
- I liked the driving scene between Will and Mike, I feel like Will Byers has been a bit of a background character after Season 1 so was nice to see some character growth here
- Joyce and Hopper reunion was sweet, and that escape scene with Murray was hilarious. What a god damn legend of a character :lol
- El got her powers back :mark:
- Brenner and El scenes were superb, and El's character growth has been fantastic. Very impressed with Millie Bobby Brown's acting as usual
- The helicopter explosion scene was badass

So hyped for this battle with Vecna, all the 'preparing for battle' scenes were pretty damn great, also did a good job managing to blend some humour in there as well as they usually do so well

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Just finished Chapter Nine, that was a crazy finale. Left me with more questions than answers but that's a good thing, it gets me hyped for Season 5

I really think this is the best season of the show, I was a very big fan of them leaning more in to the horror in a lot of scenes and Vecna is a great villain

Some spoiler thoughts:

- Eddie and Dustin friendship this season has been great and I do think Eddie has been one of the stand-outs, they've done a good job with his character. Metallica scene was tight
- I'm really glad they spent some time focusing on Jonathan and Will in Part 2 of this season because they didn't get a lot screentime with everything else going on
- Sadie Sink was incredible again in this episode, I loved the way Max tapped in to her own happy memory and Vecna warped it in to another nightmare, sick scene
- Murray to the rescue with the flamethrower, hell yeah, glad he got his big moment to shine in the finale
- El and Vecna facing off was well worth the wait
- Those fight scenes with Hopper and the Demogorgons, and Steve, Nancy and Robin versus Vecna with Kate Bush blasting :banderas:
- Was sad they killed off Eddie after so much great character development but I get it, he went out a hero
- Damn El bringing Max back to life and now she's in a coma, I really thought she was a goner
- Ending was CRAZY! Barrier is broken down between Hawkins and the Upside down, wild. Season 5 going to be quite something!

FWl0SrKUEAAxyLn

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So I finally started Season 4 of Stranger Things my God that Hellfire Club Episode! I loved first all us seeing the Kids and what their lives look like and it sadden me so much to see Eleven and Max especially broken in their own way. The death of Billy of course I know the feeling losing my Dog and my Brother in the same Year and how you get through the day is a hard thing to combat for sure. Max needs to understand though you got through what happened because of your friends don't throw them to the Wind now when you most need them. Eleven man she not fitting in at all in School and it make sense she hasn't had a true Childhood. Will dropped the ball hard in this Episode this is your family so in many ways your Sister and you let people make fun of her work that was not happening for me.

In High School their were a couple of people talking about my Brother in Spanish Class and they didn't know he was my Brother because we have different last names. I spoke up immediately and the guy froze up to the point where he said he didn't know and it had to deal with my Brother's sexuality and why he joined the Cheerleading Squad. We as a family knew Luis was gay he only came out days after Graduating High School but at that moment I spoke up and I didn't need to beat the kid's ass you just have to let them know you talking about my family is not going down right now.

Lucas is another one I can get it wanting to fit in and lord knows I wasn't the popular kid in High School at all just the shy guy who loves Anime and Wrestling. Sometimes Lucas you gotta go with your heart and at the end of the day are you thinking about Basketball or are you thinking about your friends and hoping they are okay. Dare to be a leader by example rather than being a follower because that journey you're going on is going no where fast amigo. I love new Character Eddie he does remind me of a few guys in High School and I like how they wrapped together his introduction, Chrissy, and the Hellfire Club stuff.

Vecna holy shit talk about scary as fuck to see that Creature coming down the Hallway at you and you can't do anything about it. I knew Chrissy could die but shit she died so brutally but that needed to happen to show you Vecna is not fucking around. He is very much like Freddy you saw it how he played with Chrissy till the moment where he wanted to feast oh man I don't know how these kids survive this Monster.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I am already done revisiting S1, started it yesterday and finished it this morning. I forgot how loud people are in this series. The kids never speak, they yell all the time, that's mainly why I really hate Lucas. He's so loud, negative and condescending.
Eleven was adorable back then, her relationship with the guys and Mike was really touching, shame the actress seems to be going down the wrong path irl.
I still wish I could own this on blu ray for my personal collection, really hope Netflix releases a boxset when the series is over.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Sadie Sink was phenomenal this season crazy she's playing 15-16 year old when she's 20s like you can clearly see her and Caleb are def older then the rest.

Man they really teased the shit out of Max dying too. Idk I felt it was pretty cop out to just once again go with killing off the new character though. I really enjoyed Eddie. Steve shines once again, and boy fron s1-now my opinion on Mike has changed alot hate him now and like just die already. Dustin still rules. I hope we see more of arg & eden too. Maya Hawke also fucking killed it as well this season too and anyone else get Jill Valentine vibes when they went to upside down. I really thought the outbranching storylines were great minus El stuff (except argi) I honestly sighed everytime the crew was on even with Heston & arg. Murray was fun this year too and def felt like he was coming into his own as more than a comedy character.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Cool look at some early Vecna designs, these are terrifying

Reactions: King Kota

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Guys I'm in fucking tears typing these thoughts of Episode 4 from Season 4 a powerful Episode. Max talking to Billy at his Gravestone/Headstone that had me going because I lost my Dog Nena and Brother Chris to an Accidental Overdose in the same year so I know how it feels to lose a loved one and try to figure out how to get through it day to day. The loss never leaves you especially when someone in the family brings up a time of us together laughing and then we remember yeah he's not physically here with us right now. You think welp if we only stayed with him a few more hours maybe he doesn't take that Drug because he was stressed out with a Court Case coming that following Monday then maybe he's alive today but who's to say he wouldn't of done it a day later or Weeks later. That Motherfucker Vecna watching like a Hawk too comes in and wants to take her at that moment man I wanted to scoop up Max to save her throughout out that torment. The power of Music, Love, and Friendship can be healing and you saw it in this Episode God Writing Team yaw are trying to get me wanting to crawl in a ball don't you. Just in case people I'm in that situation I would hope you guys or my family would know to play Separate Ways from Journey, Monster from Paramore, Bloody Tears from Castlevania or Beat from MJ to save me. I'm sure they would:proud

Last edited:
  • Love

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
One of my favourite things in the show is how Hopper basically adopted Eleven and saw her as a substitute for the child he lost, I wish they had expanded a bit more on their relationship in S2.

I'm glad I restarted the whole show before getting into S4, there are so many nthings I have forgotten in 3 years.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
It's nice that the scientist in charge in the second season is a guy who does everything he can to help the characters and he just wants all the bad things caused by the Upside Down to stop. They always find a way to make those kind of characters greedy or selfish but Owens is a nice guy.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Vecna should have been closer to the DnD and less of a Game of Thrones Night King rip off

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Vecna should have been closer to the DnD and less of a Game of Thrones Night King rip off

I mean I love the look personally and at the end of the day do you care about the Character and wanting to see him go down I say that is a yep for me only 5 Episodes into Season 4. I had to take a break after Episode 4 I was that emotional and broken by the end of it. Now I've got to deal with Eleven trying to find herself making me think of Jean Grey fighting the Phoenix Force.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler