Stranger Things Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score

Pretty dope every Episode is a Hour plus. Big Week for me Stranger Things and Obi Wan with 2 Episodes all this Week. :sodone

Woah. I'll definitely be taking my time with this season which probably means I won't be peeping this thread for like ages. :lol

Movie length episodes is awesome. They're really filling this to the brim with content.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
stranger-things-toy.png

After “Stranger Things” unleashes its jumbo-sized fourth season this year, only one more season remains, with “Stranger Things 5” confirmed to be the show’s FINAL season.

Of course, that doesn’t mean Netflix is giving up on the world of “Stranger Things,” with creators the Duffer Brothers recently teasing spinoff projects to come after Season 5.

The brothers said in a February statement, “There are still many more exciting stories to tell within the world of Stranger Things; new mysteries, new adventures, new unexpected heroes.”

Speaking with Variety this week, Matt and Ross Duffer have again teased the potential for “Stranger Things” spinoff projects, talking about one spinoff series in particular.

They tell Variety, “We do have an idea for a spinoff that we’re super excited about … but we haven’t told anyone the idea yet, much less written it.

“We think everyone — including Netflix — will be surprised when they hear the concept, because it’s very, very different. But somehow Finn Wolfhard — who is one crazy smart kid — correctly guessed what it was going to be about. But aside from Finn, no one else knows!”

First up, “Stranger Things 4” comes to Netflix on May 27, 2022 with “Volume One” of the latest season. Volume 2 of “Stranger Things 4” will then arrive on Netflix on July 1, 2022.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
4 days away people! Pretty cool to see that Stranger Things will continue with some kind of Spinoffs down the road and hey after that is created you could always bring back the Squad Years from now.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
holy fucking shit that fucking reveal cliffhanger :DEAD2:

unbelievably good first half season

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I think this may be my favourite Season of Stranger Things and we haven't even got to Part 2 yet. Like if you remove the nostalgia and fondness I have for the very first one, I think this latest one is very much in my 'style'. It genuinely feels like it was written for me the whole way through. The amount of times I drew comparisons to Nightmare on Elm Street is pretty absurd, it did such a good job capturing what I love about 80's horror and they really dialled it up in this one, but kept a good handle on the humour too which is very much still there. Especially the Jonathan and Argyle scenes which were pretty funny. I don't know how the cast were able to keep a straight face in some of those earlier scenes (would love to see the outtakes!) and Joyce and Murray were super great.

I know everybody is all about Jopper, and I am too, but I gotta say the chemistry between Winona Ryder and Brett Gelman is some iconic shit. They were super on top form this Season. Murray might just be one of my favourite characters, and it's crazy how much I like Steve compared to the first season. The character development with him has been pretty awesome.

I think Episode 4 was probably my favourite, and Sadie Sink was truly amazing in it. They really did a great job making me love Max a lot more, she's grown a ton already and it feels like she's been there since the beginning now. I think it's fair to say she was the MVP for me, and I'm glad they gave her more chance to shine. Truly an incredible actress with some great range.

Some spoiler thoughts:

Robert Englund was really impressive when he got screentime. Really enjoyed the scene with Nancy and Robin meeting him, and oh man I just loved their friendship growing. They are such a treasure together, and it was so funny at times.

The reveal of it being Victor Creel's son Henry was pretty mind blowing. The actor who played 'One' did such an awesome job. Man that whole last scene in the Hawkins Lab was actually insane. Such a swerve and love how everything came full circle with Vecna. I can't wait to see how they continue it in Part 2.

The Nancy nightmare scene had me marking out. Like the intense Freddy Krueger vibes I got from Vecna and him saying Nancy like that. :owens3

abc41bda7b7287227aebea24f4b2c699356b8290.gifv

Actually got me thinking Natalia Dyer would be really good in that role. She's got the look and all that.

I really enjoyed switching to Hopper's story as the rest of the shit was unfolding. Like they broke it up super well and it flowed flawlessly I thought. The first escape scene was banging and of course he'd get away like a badass with the snowmobile! :mark: Knew it was too early for him to get away there though so when Yuri swerve happened I was like:

well-there-it-is.gif

Also that unknown agent guy protecting the kids was a total G. I wasn't expecting him to gun down so many guys. Boss!

Probably more I forgot to mention but yeah I loved this and I'm trying to process a lot of it still. In the marking out stage rn. :lol

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Murray is probably my favorite character

• Love

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Murray is probably my favorite character
That fight scene with Yuri on the plane :beckylol

Guy kicked ass. I really enjoyed his adventure with Joyce to get to Hopper, was like its own little movie.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
That fight scene with Yuri on the plane :beckylol

Guy kicked ass. I really enjoyed his adventure with Joyce to get to Hopper, was like its own little movie.
the fact that both him and Joy are pleasantly surprised lmao

• Haha

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Slowly making my way through Season 1 again whilst I wait for the new episodes to drop, and man this is weird to watch now. :lol

It holds up really well. I always really liked the sense of mystery and 'wonder' in the first episodes. I remember what really made me fall in love with it.

The atmosphere is so good. It's impressive how well the cast had chemistry even at the start. Cool to see how much Steve Harrington has matured.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Yeah I never thought I'd like him, so it's crazy how he's one of my top 3 characters in the show now.

I love his chemistry with Dustin. It's hilarious.

• Love

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah I never thought I'd like him, so it's crazy how he's one of my top 3 characters in the show now.

I love his chemistry with Dustin. It's hilarious.
yeah Season 3 Dustin/Steve was aces