Star Trek into Darkness Official Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Paramount Pictures is finally going to give fans a good look at their upcoming sequel, Star Trek Into Darkness. On December 14, the first nine minutes of footage from the 2013 release will screen in 3D at IMAX theaters.

“Our longtime partners J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk and the Bad Robot team have really hit it out of the park – the footage is absolutely incredible," said Greg Foster, Chairman and President, IMAX Filmed Entertainment. “Their use of the IMAX Camera and canvas is sure to impress current and future Star Trek fans alike, and we’re thrilled to once again work with our friends at Paramount Pictures to offer this extended ‘first look’ at this highly anticipated summer blockbuster.â€￾

To further the IMAX experience, Star Trek Into Darkness used IMAX cameras to capture several sequences. Exclusively in IMAX theaters, sequences filmed with the extremely high-resolution cameras will expand to fill more of the screen with unprecedented crispness and clarity, putting moviegoers right into the explosive action and vast scope of the film.

Similar IMAX previews have been used to great success with films like The Dark Knight, Avatar and, last year, Paramount's own Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.

The film, set for release on May 17, 2013, is directed by J.J. Abrams with a script by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof. Chris Pine, John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban and Anton Yelchin will reprise their roles from the 2009 original with new parts for Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve and Peter Weller. Abrams is producing with Bryan Burk through Bad Robot Productions, along with Lindelof, Kurtzman and Orci.

I wasn't much of a trekkie growing up I like TNG and Enterprise but the original didn't really do it for me. The movies were meh. But Abrams take was good in my opinion

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I only got into Star Trek after I watched Nemesis, which I thought was a great movie, but apparently Trekkies hate. I have seen most of TNG, all of DS9, and bits and pieces of the rest of the series.

The last JJ Abrams Star Trek was absolutely amazing, and I have no doubt this one will be too. The new cast payed a great homage to the actors who originally played the roles.

And I also have something else to look foreward to on my birthday weekend.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
As much as I want to see that footage, I'll just wait until the film. Hoping they have Shatner in this one. 8D

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Wait so is this attached to anything or is it just people going to a theater to catch 9 minutes of the movie? I've never seen and Star Trek episodes or movies aside from the last one but I thought the last one was phenomenal. It remains one of my favorite movies and I watch it every four months or so. I saw the one second footage that JJ showed on Conan and it was Quinto in a suit surrounded by fire.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video=youtube;diP-o_JxysA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diP-o_JxysA[/video]

Looking pretty bad ass not that big into Star Trek the Originals until this redux version.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was never a Star Trek fan but I watched the previous Star Trek film, from 2009, and I really enjoyed it. As a standalone film with me knowing just some basics about Star Trek I could still enjoy it. The trailer for this sequel looks good and I will most likely check it out when it is released here.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I was a fan of the Abrams Trek, I never was a fan of the originals, seeing as they were cheesefests to me.

But I'm looking forward to seeing this one and hope it holds up to the standards the first one set.

Also, Shatner died in the one with Malcom McDowell, so wouldn't he be a dead guy in this one?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
ewstartrekcover2a.jpg

ewstartrekcover2b.jpg

I get what Deez is saying he died therefore he can't have time traveled into this universe or if he does he has to somehow get back to where he's from and that can't happen therefore he can't be in it unless they do some alternate universe bs. They could if they wanted but they'd have to explain it away again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Like some of the older Star Treks films, the ones which work the best are the faster paced and more comedy based ones for example the Voyege Home, but it is possible that the 2009 reboot film was the best to date. Think I will give this new one a watch too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Bumping this old thread as I saw this film recently and really enjoyed it. Benedict Cumberbatch is a brilliant actor, I had seen his work previously in Sherlock so I knew that he was good and he delivered again here. So great as the villian and hopefully we see a lot more of him in feature films in the coming years, going out on a limb to say that within five years he will be up for an Oscar for Best Actor. Enjoyed the story and it was a nice follow up from the previous film, again even though I am not a big Trek fan I got a few of the references in the film. What I find a bit odd is that so many super hero style movies these days focus heavily on romance, a lot more than I would expect from the genre. Will go and see a third film if they continue the series.