Sports Entertainment killed Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LadyHotrod

Half the wrestling fans don't even remember that Superstars exists, let alone when it's even on. SNME was HUGE back in the day and if they throw it on anywhere between 7-9 (start time), I'm sure they can pull people in, especially if they put a guy like Cena on the show. Look what happened with SD. They got The Rock, the biggest name at the time, to have a show named after him to get people interested and it was a success. If they shift a guy like Cena to the show, they still have big names like Orton and Triple H on Raw and Undertaker and Batista on SD (not to mention the other big names on the shows) to keep it going.

They made Superstars extremely boring, imo. SNME can be awesome if they do it right and not have just the big names from Raw and SD showing up at random while the actual roster is a bunch of boring wrestlers. They can have a sick roster if they draft properly. There are a lot of names being used poorly that they can make room for if they move some of the bigger names around.

They have quite a few big names on each show, enough that they can move a good chunk to a SNME show and still have enough to mess with on SD and Raw without having to worry about losing a shit ton of ratings for moving a few big guys out.

Running off the top of my head, some names they could move to the show:

Cena
HBK (assuming he doesn't retire and that DX breaks up because they are lame)
Masters and Eve
Swagger
Ziggler
Santino (but drop the useless comedic gimmick and make him a serious wrestler)
Dynasty (see below for tag team idea)

Just a few randoms off the top of my head. You got the bigger names and then you've got the guys doing fuck all right now.

If they wanted to make another tag team, they could always throw someone in with Masters, for example, and they could feud with Dynasty (plus you've got Natalya and Eve to feud if they want).

Some random ideas. Maybe not all good ones but it's floating in my head right now.

I think Superstars is on at like 1pm here on Saturdays....wow, why the fuck would I care about watching wrestling at 1pm on a Saturday? I'm doing shit during the day. I want to be able to come home and know I can sit back and relax on a Saturday night to watch wrestling or go to a friend's house and chill out watching it, not OMG IT'S 1PM, I GOTTA WATCH WRESTLING.

Mister J

Reaction score
Yeah. Chris Masters is really going to bring in the viewers!

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Half the wrestling fans don't even remember that Superstars exists, let alone when it's even on. SNME was HUGE back in the day and if they throw it on anywhere between 7-9 (start time), I'm sure they can pull people in, especially if they put a guy like Cena on the show. Look what happened with SD. They got The Rock, the biggest name at the time, to have a show named after him to get people interested and it was a success. If they shift a guy like Cena to the show, they still have big names like Orton and Triple H on Raw and Undertaker and Batista on SD (not to mention the other big names on the shows) to keep it going.

They made Superstars extremely boring, imo. SNME can be awesome if they do it right and not have just the big names from Raw and SD showing up at random while the actual roster is a bunch of boring wrestlers. They can have a sick roster if they draft properly. There are a lot of names being used poorly that they can make room for if they move some of the bigger names around.

They have quite a few big names on each show, enough that they can move a good chunk to a SNME show and still have enough to mess with on SD and Raw without having to worry about losing a shit ton of ratings for moving a few big guys out.

Running off the top of my head, some names they could move to the show:

Cena
HBK (assuming he doesn't retire and that DX breaks up because they are lame)
Masters and Eve
Swagger
Ziggler
Santino (but drop the useless comedic gimmick and make him a serious wrestler)
Dynasty (see below for tag team idea)

Just a few randoms off the top of my head. You got the bigger names and then you've got the guys doing fuck all right now.

If they wanted to make another tag team, they could always throw someone in with Masters, for example, and they could feud with Dynasty (plus you've got Natalya and Eve to feud if they want).

Some random ideas. Maybe not all good ones but it's floating in my head right now.

I think Superstars is on at like 1pm here on Saturdays....wow, why the fuck would I care about watching wrestling at 1pm on a Saturday? I'm doing shit during the day. I want to be able to come home and know I can sit back and relax on a Saturday night to watch wrestling or go to a friend's house and chill out watching it, not OMG IT'S 1PM, I GOTTA WATCH WRESTLING.

Hahaha that's true, I thought it came on on wednesday though? I always click past it when I'm channel surfing and catch a glimpse of tights, and that's how I know it is on. Not saying it is great because I have just caught it randomly, but just meant to point out there there IS another show that they do jack shit with.

With The Rock and Smackdown yeah, but they have since tried moving Triple H and others over there and it has done nothing. I think more fans would tune in to see an actual good storyline more than they would just to see a big name. But where you're going with that like moving Cena over there just to attract initial attention couldn't hurt.

LadyHotrod

Yeah. Chris Masters is really going to bring in the viewers!

If you weren't Blue, you would have noticed that each show has their 'big stars' and has their 'the other guys'. The whole point of the new show would be to bring in some big names and have some of those 'other guys' that are just being wasted get a chance to actually DO SOMETHING since the current shows don't seem to have any room for these guys. Not once did I say that Masters was a BIG STAR. He's one of those 'other guys' that gets wasted by coming out and just dancing with his chest. They originally brought him in to be a heel that had a hold 'no one could escape from'. I like the comedic side of him but he is still getting wasted. USE the guy. The comedy makes him a little more likable but he needs to actually wrestle and do something with himself instead of just showing up on Springer segments. It's the same thing with Santino. He is a good wrestler yet when do we ever get to see him wrestle? It's a rare occurance and the stupid comedy routine has worn itself out. Get rid of that damn unibrow, that stupid gimmick, and make him a serious wrestler. Both wrestlers can be awesome and interesting, if used properly.

Hahaha that's true, I thought it came on on wednesday though? I always click past it when I'm channel surfing and catch a glimpse of tights, and that's how I know it is on. Not saying it is great because I have just caught it randomly, but just meant to point out there there IS another show that they do jack shit with.

With The Rock and Smackdown yeah, but they have since tried moving Triple H and others over there and it has done nothing. I think more fans would tune in to see an actual good storyline more than they would just to see a big name. But where you're going with that like moving Cena over there just to attract initial attention couldn't hurt.

I think you might be right on the Wednesday show! I usually caught the rerun on Saturday because I had no idea when it was on during the week. I think I did flip past it once myself but always knew the Saturday time. Still, on a Wednesday, I wont remember that. I remember Raw because it starts my work week and I remember SD because it ends my work week. If they had the Saturday night show, it would be to me what Saturday night hockey is to hockey fans (though I am a hockey fan myself, they hardly show my team so I would rather flip on wrestling).

Mister J

Reaction score
If you weren't Blue, you would have noticed that each show has their 'big stars' and has their 'the other guys'. The whole point of the new show would be to bring in some big names and have some of those 'other guys' that are just being wasted get a chance to actually DO SOMETHING since the current shows don't seem to have any room for these guys. Not once did I say that Masters was a BIG STAR.

I never wrote that you said Chris Masters was going to be a big star. The only thing Chris Masters needs to do is get a pink slip.

LadyHotrod

I never wrote that you said Chris Masters was going to be a big star. The only thing Chris Masters needs to do is get a pink slip.

No he doesn't. He just needs to be used properly. He's a well built wrestler and can be rather likable if they do something good with him. I think him and Eve have good chemistry but both don't get used whatsoever, besides lame shitty segments.

Mister J

Reaction score
No he doesn't. He just needs to be used properly. He's a well built wrestler and can be rather likable if they do something good with him. I think him and Eve have good chemistry but both don't get used whatsoever, besides lame shitty segments.

shitty segments for a shitty wrestler

LKP

We could just clone CM Punk and make his many variations work the entire card, keeping both sides of the divide happy with his great in-ring work and nothing short of fantastic promos.

Yeah. I'd be okay with that.

Hometown Kid

Real wrestling still exists today in Japan and to a certain extent Mexico and the UK (reaching), in the U.S. wrestling is viewed a lot different because of the stunts and storylines of the past. All the Vinces know is sports entertainment, and it comes across as a joke to most people in the media, and that seeps down to everyone else, except the young people who think the feuds are real, and a minority of people who try to shut their brains off while watching most of the time.

There are still some good matches in WWE though, but rarely are the wrestlers in WWE capable of delivering a match worth shifting through their terrible writing, storylines and repetition to get to.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Vince's monopoly killed wrestling. He made ALOT of bad decisions.

LadyHotrod

Real wrestling still exists today in Japan and to a certain extent Mexico and the UK (reaching), in the U.S. wrestling is viewed a lot different because of the stunts and storylines of the past. All the Vinces know is sports entertainment, and it comes across as a joke to most people in the media, and that seeps down to everyone else, except the young people who think the feuds are real, and a minority of people who try to shut their brains off while watching most of the time.

There are still some good matches in WWE though, but rarely are the wrestlers in WWE capable of delivering a match worth shifting through their terrible writing, storylines and repetition to get to.

That's because North America is so damn sold on soap opera type entertainment that real wrestling would make people fall asleep.

To be honest, I would get kinda bored myself if there was just pure wrestling and no stories but I think they go too long with the talking. There's far more blah blah blahing than there is actual matches. In a two hour show, you get like 5 short matches and that's lame.