*Spoilers* WWE Raw Taping Results For 8/23

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwmania said:
Thanks to Rick for these live WWE RAW spoilers from tonight’s tapings in Los Angeles. These will air next Monday night, August 23rd:

* Sheamus opens RAW and calls Americans spoiled. Sheamus thinks Randy Orton should never get a title shot. GM e-mail says to bring a throne out to Sheamus and they bring one out. Sheamus gets to pick his opponent also tonight.

* The first match he picks is Edge vs. R-Truth. Edge wins with the spear. Edge has a few words for Sheamus.

* The Great Khali vs. Chris Jericho is next. Jericho wins with the Walls of Jericho. Jericho tells Sheamus to pick him but Khali gets up and knocks Jericho off the ropes.

* Jillian Hall comes out singing but Melina interrupts. Melina defeats Jillian with her finisher and the Divas Title on the line.

* Jillian Hall comes out singing but Melina interrupts. Melina defeats Jillian with her finisher and the Divas Title on the line. LayCool appears on the big screen and have an offer for Melina and a match at Night of Champions.

* The Miz is backstage and says he didn’t cash in on Sheamus at SummerSlam because he was thinking of Team WWE. Miz wants John Cena to pay for dissing him at SummerSlam.

* Nexus comes out. The GM says he was impressed by Nexus last week and lifts the ban on them not getting title matches. Wade Barrett declares that the truce between them and Sheamus is over.

* John Cena vs. The Miz is up next. Daniel Bryan runs in and hits The Miz for the DQ. Bryan throws Miz back to Cena for the Attitude Adjustment. Bryan locks the Crossface on Miz.

* Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella defeat The Usos. Tamina blows a kiss to Santino after the match.

* Ted DiBiase (with Maryse) vs. John Morrison vs. Randy Orton. RKO to Morrison from a top rope jump, Orton wins then RKOs DiBiase for fun.

* Sheamus is going to make his decision. Sheamus says he’s defending his title and he’s picking .. Zack Ryder. Braugh kick, Sheamus wins (seriously, one move). Sheamus says now that he defended the title he’s taking a month off, Wade Barrett out – he’s cashing in his NXT winner price at Night of the Champions. GM E-mail. Says he’s upholding Barrett’s request but it will be a 6 pack challenge – Sheamus vs. Barrett vs. Y2J vs. Orton vs. Edge vs. Cena. Jericho, Edge, Cena, Orton and Sheamus beat up Barrett then each other with Orton hitting the RKO on Cena last.

Sheamus GM for the night, interesting idea, I like the fact that they are pushing the WWE champion as the one who has the most control over everything.

Daniel Bryan feuding with The Miz is the feud WWE had to book him in when they brought him back. A title shot at NOC for Bryan would be what I want to see next.

I also like the move for Laycool to face Melina at NOC, it sounds like they will unify the women's and diva's titles which is a good move since they are rarely used and defended.

I like the mainevent for NOC, finally Barrett gets his title shot and WWE are ensuring he is fine by including four other challengers in the match. Massive mainevent that ensures all RAW's top stars are being used.

Your thoughts on these spoilers?

Killz

Reaction score
new storylines

The middle section of the show, all the 'showcase' matches and what not seem like they might be a little slow and predictable in their action. However, I too like this re-affirmation that Sheamus is the top dog around here and that final segment with Barrett getting his shot and all the challengers should be cool. I like that Wade gets his shot in a 6 man match. They can cover how green he is for one and also, if they put the belt on him it can be done in relatively screwy fashion and if they dont then they haven't tried to sell a PPV main event with just him. Let's face it, Sheamus vs Barrett doesn't sell. A 6 man with Sheamus, Barrett and 4 other main eventers will hella sell.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
NOC is coming together very nicely so far. The 6 man match is interesting and it looks like we will get Miz-Bryan. The opportunity for Miz to cash in is always there as well.