Spoilers: Smackdown taping results from 3/2/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I would argue with you two about how I don't use Wikipedia but I'm not gonna bother because you two will both still be dicks so I'm just gonna leave it.

2009 was the perfect year for Randy to win. But so was this. He had a stellar year and to start off the new year with a RR win would have been great. It would have showed that he can do anything at any time and that it wasn't just a lucky year.

The Viper

Reaction score
lmao I could build sandcastles in some of the vaginas in this thread.

Sheamus vs Bryan is a fresh match for Mania... Anything behind Punk/Jericho, Triple H/Taker, Cena/Rock is just window dressing anyway

I would love to know who you're referring to when you say that.

Sent from my trusty HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
To interject in this love fest, Hogan was booked to win the 1990 Royal Rumble because they needed him to look nice and strong heading into the ultimate challenge. He was booked to win the 1991 one as it was the only way he could win a shot at Sgt. Slaughter at WM...hence why the idea of the winner going to challenge for the belt at 'Mania came to be.

And no, I didn't get that from Wikipedia.

FujiDLPia?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I would love to know who you're referring to when you say that.

Sent from my trusty HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Probably me mostly because it seems picking on me is a natural occurrence on this site (that was a joke)

CrimsonTide

Reaction score
lmao I am not getting all in a tither because I disagree with somebody over the RR. As a matter of fact, I am in the exact opposite of a tither and thinkin about building sandcastles.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Randy wouldn't have fitted in the world title match? Your joking

Jericho/Punk > Orton/Punk for obvious reasons.

I would rather see Sheamus and Bryan at WrestleMania instead of watching Orton/Bryan and knowing there's not a chance in hell that Bryan will win.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Just so ViperRKO isn't completely ganged up on in here I'll say I agree with him to an extent. I don't think Orton deserved it or that he needed it but I do believe he should have won as it seemed that most natural for him to win it and face Daniel Bryan or the frap (In my booking Orton uses this not to get the belt but to strongly put Bryan over as a top player). To me Sheamus winning was so out of left field, it really made no sense and didn't feel organic. Had it not been Orton, it really should have been CM Punk. Punk/Bryan is going to be the main event or the one just before Rock/Cena. Sheamus/Bryan is in the dangerous precedent of probably opening the show like ADR/Edge did last year. And why is WWE putting the Royal Rumble winner in the least important title matches? He's supposed to main event the show I thought. Anyways that's my somewhat controversial thoughts on this matter. Thank you for your time.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
To me Sheamus winning was so out of left field, it really made no sense and didn't feel organic.

It's hard to agree with this considering how strongly Sheamus was booked from post-Summerslam all the way through to the Royal Rumble. Excluding the corny battle royal loss to Hornswoggle (which was not meant to be taken seriously), can you remember him losing a single match any other time in that period? Trust me, when you go back and examine his push during that time, its not out of left field at all.

Also I think you meant Jericho should have won as opposed to Punk, considering Punk wasn't even in the match. That is not a huge deal either though, because Jericho obviously had more than one way to get into a title match with Punk at 'Mania, though I think the Battle Royal was a stupid way of doing it. Regardless, a rumble win didn't mean as much to Jericho as it did to Sheamus.