Spoilers: Smackdown taping results from 3/2/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Sheamus came out to a pretty huge reaction. He said Daniel Bryan has changed since he won the World Title and he says Bryan reminds him of himself when he won his first WWE Title and he became what he hated, a bully. Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler interrupted. The boos for Vickie were deafening. I couldn't hear a word she said. Dolph said he deserves to be main-eventing WrestleMania, not Sheamus. Out came Teddy Long. Teddy set up Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler for...right now!

(1) Sheamus beat Dolph Ziggler (w/Vickie Guerrero). After interference attempts by both Vickie and Jack Swagger, Sheamus won a good match with the Emerald Frosion.

Teddy Long walked into his office, where David Otunga and John Laurinaitis were waiting for an apology. Long rejected and tells them both to leave.

(2) Santino beat Heath Slater. To the surprise of no one, Santino was over. Santino won a quick match with the Cobra.

Backstage, Eve was checking herself out in a mirror. Natalya objected to the way Eve has been treating Zack Ryder. Eve said that Zack may be sweet, but he stinks. If you think this segment didn't end with Nattie farting, you'd be wrong.

(3) Eve beat Natalya. Lots of heat on Eve. She won with a roll-up.

Cody Rhodes was out for a promo. He called Big Show a choke artist. Before he could show more clips of Show losing, Show interrupted. Cody wasted little time and bailed. Before Show could go after Cody, Teddy Long came out as a fight broke out in the crowd. Teddy then set up Show vs. Cody for the IC Title at WrestleMania.

(4) Big Show beat Mark Henry. Show won with the WMD. I missed a lot of the beginning of this, as the girlfriend of one of the guys who were fighting picked up a chair. This got out of hand fast.

Backstage, Teddy Long told Drew McIntyre that it's do or die tonight. If he loses, he's fired... Matt Striker was backstage with Randy Orton, who said he's looking for revenge on Daniel Bryan tonight.

(5) Justin Gabriel beat Drew McIntyre. Gabriel won with a 450 splash. Teddy appeared on the Tron and fired Drew.

Daniel Bryan was backstage and said he's the same guy he's always been. He's still a vegan and still a role model. He says he's walking in and out of WrestleMania as World Heavyweight Champion.

(6) World Hvt. champion Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton went to an apparent No Contest. The match ended, I think, when Kane came out and attacked Orton. I guess we know what they're doing for WrestleMania. Kane chokeslamsmed Orton and said, "Welcome back, Randy. Welcome back." End Taping.

Dark Match: Big Show beat World Hvt. champion Daniel Bryan via DQ; Bryan retained the World Title. Bryan grabbed and tore up a sign that read, "No! No! No! No!" Show won via DQ when Rhodes interfered. Sheamus came down and chased Bryan away. Big Show then chokeslammed Rhodes to send everyone home happy.

Credit to PW Torch

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The match ended, I think, when Kane came out and attacked Orton. I guess we know what they're doing for WrestleMania. Kane chokeslamsmed Orton and said, "Welcome back, Randy. Welcome back."

images

And we have the first WM match I won't give two fucks about.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Wow... Kane can't defeat John Cena so he goes after wwe's other top babyface. Nice (sarcasm)

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I hope they make Jericho/Punk, Rock/Cena and Kane/Orton a six man tag match main eventing WM. Dat wud b de gr8est resslemania moment evah!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Would the rock or John Cena be on the heel team

The Viper

Reaction score

Oh dude, he's so serious. Probably more serious than he's ever been in his entire life.

All kidding aside, if its gonna be Kane vs Orton at Mania, I don't have a problem with it. Why? Probably because Orton can have a good match with pretty much anybody nowadays. So yeah, I don't have a problem.

Sent from my trusty HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Kane vs Orton is a terrible idea.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Kane vs Orton is a terrible idea.

Any other time of the year, I'd be fine with it. But it's disappointing to think they can't come up with anything better for Orton on this show, especially considering the year he's had.

Kane has sucked royal ass ever since returning.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
He has been sucking Lawler's ass?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
probably, might be why Lawler seems so uninterested Monday nights.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I'm still hoping they bring Ambrose up to stomp all over Orton the day after WrestleMania.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Randy Orton deserved to win the royal rumble. It was in his hometown and he has had a great year. He put over mark Henry twice clean and has literally had a good match with everyone. If he didn't win the RR then he still deserves to be in a triple threat world title match at 'mania. WWE should just book Kane vs Randy Orton with the winner being added to the world title match at wrestlemania

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Randy Orton deserved to win the royal rumble. It was in his hometown and he has had a great year. He put over mark Henry twice clean and has literally had a good match with everyone. If he didn't win the RR then he still deserves to be in a triple threat world title match at 'mania. WWE should just book Kane vs Randy Orton with the winner being added to the world title match at wrestlemania

Orton was in the WHC scene for half of last year, he doesn't need to be in it now. Besides, I don't want him involved in Bryan/Sheamus. If anyone "deserves" anything it's those two. A year ago they were bumped from the card and had their match turn into a Battle Royal that Khali won. There's not much more of a slap in the face than that.

Oh and what does the Rumble being in Orton's hometown have to do with him "deserving" to win it?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If Vince wanted a huge reaction from the crowd then Randy winning is the way to do it