Spoiler Video Of Kurt Angle's Mistress

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

How is Shaq to Phoenix to a bad trade? I know he's a bit older, but Nash is always going to find close to the basket. I expect Shaq's numbers to go up if he goes there.

As for Marion, his numbers can and will be replaced by Diaw and Hill's. Besides, the Suns have FAILED to make it to the Finals with Nash/Marion/Amare... Why not take a shot with Nash/Amare and The Diesel?

Also, this=conspiracy!!!

First Pau goes to the Lakers increasing the probability of an LA/Boston finals. Now all of a sudden Shaq is back West, with the team that's been building a rivalry with Kobe and the Lakers!!

So we could see.... Phoenix vs LA in the playoffs (ZOMG! Shaq vs Kobe) and LA vs Boston in the finals. David Stern has to be happiest man on the planet.

Reaction score
How is Shaq to Phoenix to a bad trade? I know he's a bit older, but Nash is always going to find close to the basket. I expect Shaq's numbers to go up if he goes there.

As for Marion, his numbers can and will be replaced by Diaw and Hill's. Besides, the Suns have FAILED to make it to the Finals with Nash/Marion/Amare... Why not take a shot with Nash/Amare and The Diesel?

Also, this=conspiracy!!!

First Pau goes to the Lakers increasing the probability of an LA/Boston finals. Now all of a sudden Shaq is back West, with the team that's been building a rivalry with Kobe and the Lakers!!

So we could see.... Phoenix vs LA in the playoffs (ZOMG! Shaq vs Kobe) and LA vs Boston in the finals. David Stern has to be happiest man on the planet.

Suns aren't going to make it to the finals of the Western conference. Marion is a defensive powerhouse and that's what you want Shaq to be in trading him. Let's look here of the disadvantages of having Shaq in a small ball offense.

- Shaq can't run
- Shaq complains about touches
- Shaq's ego doesn't let him be the 3rd or 4th option
- Shaq wants to score but he needs 10 seconds to get up the floor
- The suns will have to change their offensive scheme.

All Shaq will do is get the rebound on the defensive end and stay there after he lobs the ball out. The suns are a small ball team and that is not the type of player that Shaq is. This trade is going to haunt them now and for years to come.

Rell

Reaction score
I agree, watching Shaq in the "Run-&-Gun" offense will be HILARIOUS :laugh:

The Heat are freeing up a lot of money, Stephen A Smith said they're trying to bring Elton Brand in via Free-Agency. Brand ~ Marion ~ Wade, actually sounds like a pretty good trio come next year.

This trade shows me that The Suns know Their window of opportunity is closing fast. They're trying to capitalize as they see the team deteriorating.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Great, now I have to be a Suns fan....

phantomgerald

How stupid can the suns be? Shaq is not the answer. I think Shaq is going to actually make the Suns team worse. This trade might have something to do with not wanting to lose Marion through free agency though. It's still stupid. They could have gotten Gasol instead. It isn't that hard to offer Memphis more than what LA gave.

Reaction score
How stupid can the suns be? Shaq is not the answer. I think Shaq is going to actually make the Suns team worse. This trade might have something to do with not wanting to lose Marion through free agency though. It's still stupid. They could have gotten Gasol instead. It isn't that hard to offer Memphis more than what LA gave.

You have to give credit where credit is due, the Lakers really got a good deal out of that. They should make it to the NBA Championship if not the conference finals (but I don't know who could beat them if they are at full strength). Kobe just needs his presence to be on the court to have the Lakers win the game. Kobe's going to see one on one action for the first time in a long time with Gasol and his numbers should increase. If not then he dumps it off to Gasol or Bynum (in a few months). The Lakers bench just got really deep as well (Farmar, Ariza, Turiaf)

The Rated R CMStar

Shaq will cause Pheonix offense to complety change, and I think not for the best. He just doesn't fit on the Suns game.

I think Pheonix are making an effort of winning the championship like the Lakers did back in the day(Malone, Payton, Kobe, Shaq), and gather and experienced team as a last year resource.

phantomgerald

You have to give credit where credit is due, the Lakers really got a good deal out of that. They should make it to the NBA Championship if not the conference finals (but I don't know who could beat them if they are at full strength). Kobe just needs his presence to be on the court to have the Lakers win the game. Kobe's going to see one on one action for the first time in a long time with Gasol and his numbers should increase. If not then he dumps it off to Gasol or Bynum (in a few months). The Lakers bench just got really deep as well (Farmar, Ariza, Turiaf)

Yeah but I think it was more of their desire to build from scratch again, with Gay and Conley as the foundation of the team, and maybe bring in another vet. They been wanting to trade Gasol for a while, but they would have gotten more if they made the trade in the offseason.

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
now that i think about it the shaq trade is not as bad as it looks. as long as shaq can stay heathly it will be good. when the playoffs come, the game slows down to more of a half court pace. marion was gonna leave after this year, so why not get something before he opts out. with shaq you get a low post player that can play some D. STAT moves to PF to provide more mis-matches for the suns. Boris Diaw will get more PT which is always good. when the suns had kurt thomas he didn't slow them down did he? he helped them big time. he was their best low post defender and a good rebounder. same thing shaqs gonna do.

even though marion was a great defender, he couldn't create his own shot and his scoring drops in the playoffs. shaq can at least post up and kick it out to a 3 point shooter.

phantomgerald

^^^Wrong there. Shaq isn't going to be the one snapping at the other center's heels, trying to steal the ball at every moment. He's not that type of ball player. He'll be back the slowest and last to the other court, and yet still expect touches. This deal will sour fast.

The Rated R CMStar

This is another mistake by teams that kept players that could have been traded at off-season(Pau Gasol for example).

Hell, I see this as a horrible trade. Why not try and get Vince Carter from the Nets? Keep the same trade, Marion and Banks but for Carter, or hell, Jefferson. Nets are wanting to rebuild and they would likely accept the trade

phantomgerald

^^^ I agree, Nets have given up on their dynasty and wants to start afresh, and I think they would likely accept. Marion and Banks can almost get anyone in the league bar the top 10 players, so to go get an overaged guy like Shaq is dumb.

Celts pull off a win against the wolves in the last second without Garnett. That it seems, is the mark of champion.

Rell

Reaction score
Boooo, my high school team can beat the Wolves lol

I've been surprised with the Jazz, they've been killing people lately.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Pau Gasol owns! I'd always pick him for my fantasy team in NBA Live 08(game sux). Memphis were idiots for trading him, now no one is on Memphis. I'm just hoping "Super" Jamario Moon will represent Toronto at the dunk competition.

phantomgerald

^^^ They got Conley and Gay to build around for the future, and they can sign a huge player with the cap room.