• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
sigh, I hate the western conference

Team -- Streak
Phoenix -- 1 wins
Dallas -- 6 wins
Lakers -- 5 wins
Portland -- 4 wins
San Antonio -- 1 wins
New Orleans -- 1 wins
Denver -- 1 wins
Golden State -- 1 wins
Utah -- 3 wins
Houston -- 5 wins

:sad:

phantomgerald

Portland's the underdog team of the year, Roy and Aldrige looks like the new guard-forward combo, and Oden isn't even in the picture yet.

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
the rockets need to get rid of t-mac. i'd take whatever i could get for him that's not trash. just keep running the offense through yao and they'll be much better off.

PeepShow

The Celtics are in a bit of a slump. They have like 6 loses now!! Oh no, they suck! :p

Rell

Reaction score
Whats happening in Detroit?

The Lakers win again, but its not all good news. Andrew Bynum sprained his knee. I hope it isnt serious. Bynum is having a breakout year and has become one of the NBA's best centers, he's pivotal in the Lakers success.

Who do you guys have in the MVP race? Due to all the talent around him, I dont think it would be fair to give it to KG, so depending on where they finish, I'd go with Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, or Lebron James.

PeepShow

Right now, the MVP has to go to Lebron. His team's record inst that great, but he is carrying that team. It's a little too early though. We aren't even to the All-Star break yet...lol

phantomgerald

It is a little early, but I would give it to Paul, he is the best PG in the league right now, and he dishes out alot of assists too.

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
The King hands down. He's doing like 29/7/7 or close too it. with out him his team is worse than the t wolves.

Soulpower

I refuse to go with Lebron... Kobe had an outstanidng season a couple of years back, and didn't get the MVP because of his team's record. It would be unfair to give it to Lebron.

I'm going with CP3. He's had a great year, (Almost 20 and 10) once that hasn't been done since MAGIC JOHNSON and his team is among the west's best.

And nothing's wrong with Detroit. They had a tough stretch in the last week, and their game agianst NY was about their 4th game in 5 days.. They'll be fine.

Enigma22

Reaction score
lebron is definitely the mvp so far and the cavs record is getting better and will continue to improve...

Soulpower

Andrew Bynum, a key factor in the Los Angeles Lakers' 25-11 start to the season, will miss eight weeks with a subluxation of his left kneecap and bone bruise.

Bynum's agent, David Lee, told ESPN The Magazine's Sam Alipour that Bynum will not need surgery. Bynum, who had an MRI on Monday, will begin rehabiliation immediately.

"He's already focusing on his rehab," Lee said Monday.

Bynum injured his knee early in the third quarter of Sunday night's 100-99 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies. A subluxation occurs when the kneecap is pulled toward the outside of the knee.

"It was pretty scary because it felt like my knee twisted all around. Luckily I'm all right," Bynum, who was wearing a heavy brace after the game, said.

"I didn't hear any pops. I'm able to put weight on it and it doesn't really hurt. Just when I bend it, it hurts."

Bynum, in his third year in the NBA, is averaging 13.1 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.1 blocked shots per game.

Poor Bynum.. and poor Rell >_>

And a big signing took place today!

BREAKING NEWS: The Boston Celtics sign free agent David Stern

Rell

Reaction score
:cry: Well he will be re-evaluated next week, I hope for the best. I mean Kobe was supposed to be out 6 months when he injured his shoulder a few years back, long story short...he missed two games.

Looks like the Lakers are going after Chris Webber, I still have hope. We started 26 & 13 last year with Bynum on the bench and Smush Parker at pg, ntm we still had Brian Cook and Evans. I think we're fine tbh.

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
c webb would fit pretty well with the lakers. a great passer who can still score when needed.

Rell

Reaction score
The LA Times says Mitch has reached out to PJ Brown & Webber

The Lakers won but it was clear they missed Bynum. I dont know if you guys knew i but LA has the best record in the west at the moment, probably won last without Bynum though :sad:

Soulpower

They also get the Suns on Thursday if I'm not mistaken. If the Lakers win they would be first in the division (I think in the Conference too) and would win the season series against the Suns.

But with Bynum out, I expect Amare to go nuts... Its all on 24, he's going to need to step and score a lot more in the next eight weeks.