Spoiler Video Of Kurt Angle's Mistress

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

What is wrong with Phoenix? They lost two nights ago to Detroit by 24 (Go Pistons!) and then they lost last night by about 40 against the Nuggets. I know its only a 2 game losing streak, but the Suns have looked horrible in both games... They need to get their shit straight.

And a great on tap for this afternoon. Dirk and the rest of the Maverics head to Motown to take on the Pistons... Could be a preview of the NBA finals.

circle

Reaction score
I saw the game, and Detroit although they lost...looked really good without billups. I'll say with Rasheed, Cwebb, and McD out there they have 3 guys who can be threats at anytime. Flip Murray is finally coming along, and Delfino is starting to get it. One thing that coach Saunders is doing this year is involving more help D vs. last year when they had big ben, and its starting to pay off this late.

As far as LBJ for MVP goes...if the Cavs can keep winning then I would like to see the King win an MVP award especially after he torched Utah and carlos loser on Saturday. No diss to boozer, but he did cause a lot of hurt fans back 3 years ago

Soulpower

Bump... Time to update the standings.

Eastern Conference

1.Detroit
2.Chicago
3.Toronto
4.Miami
5.Cleveland
6.Washington
7.New Jersey
8.Orlando

Western Conference

1.Dallas
2.Phoenix
3.San Antonio
4.Utah
5.Houston
6.LA Lakers
7.Denver
8.LA Clippers.

Tough break for the Wizards, they still had a chance at winning the Southeast Division but with both Butler and Arenas out for the season, it looks like Miami will take the division crown. As for the Wizards....Look for them to have a first round exit come playoff time.

phantomgerald

yeah the wizards had a bad break. denver nuggets beat the mavs yesterday

circle

Reaction score
There is only 10 days left in the NBA season so lets see how this plays out.

Denver vs. Lakers Monday night...is going to be huge!

I really hope Golden State makes the playoffs, but they have a tough road ahead

Defiant One

Reaction score
I dont im rooting for the Mavs to win the title since they're my fav team and they seem to have alot of problems with Golden State. and they'd be facing GS in the first round of the playoffs

circle

Reaction score
They can handle Golden State with ease...yes the series has shown the Warriors being a tough cookie, but in those games the Mavs are coming off a game the night before so Golden State gets a jump on them...plus the Mavs haven't played a complete game all season either..which is shocking, and where they are right now that is amazing.

Also my pick for MVP is Dirk Dirk Dirk! He is the man
Josh Howard for most improved
Jerry Stackhouse for 6th man
Brandon Roy for the Rookie of the Year
Bruce Bowen for Defensive Player of the year (Sorry big Ben and Camby)

All NBA 1st Team
C - Yao Ming
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
SF - Lebron James
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Steve Nash

All NBA 2nd Team
C- Dwight Howard (he is a PF, but he plays more here)
PF - Tim Duncan
SF - Carmelo Anthony
SG - Allen Iverson
PG - Deron Williams

Defiant One

Reaction score
i agree with alot of what you said but I dont think the Mavs will players will get that many awards, MVP perhaps, and maybe most improved, but Barbosa will get 6th man award. your All NBA 1st team was dead on im my opinion,
my All NBA 2nd Team is
C-Dwight Howard
PF-Tim Duncan/Amare Stoudamire
SF-Carmelo Anthony/Shawn Marion
SG-Allen Iverson/Vince Carter
PG-Gilbert Arenas/Jason Kidd
Im a bit indecisive but you get my drift

Soulpower

I know Dirk is going to win it, but I still feel the award should go to Nash... He's still more valuable than Nowitzki, as for the other awards...

6th man of the year:Leandro Barbosa.. Almost 20 points a game from the bench.

Most Improved:Andres Biedrins from Golden State... Howard was already a good player so there hasn't been that much improvement.

ROY:Brandon Roy

Defensive Player Of The year... Bruce Bowen, he's been due for a while.

Coach of The Year:Sam Mitchell... The Raptors are in the playoffs... nuff said.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Look at the team Nash has surrounding him Shawn Marion- All Star, Amare Stoudamire- All Star, Raja Bell defensive stopper, Leandro Barbosa- leading canidate for 6th man of the year to name a few
coah of the year Avery Johnson back to back 60 win seasons
Raptors only missed the playoffs for like for or five years cuz they traded Vince Carter, so Sam Mitchell is 2nd if that, Mike Dantoni is a viable canidate

circle

Reaction score
I heard an interesting argument about nash being the MVP b/c the suns were horrible when he was out. And even though Dirk has missed 4 games this year...he means more to the Mavs then Nash is to the suns.

Nash means a lot to his team, but so does dirk. Dirk is the one big player who you have to game plan for on a nightly basis...sure he doesn't touch the ball on every possession, but his presence makes team think twice on how to game plan the big 7footer. Plus he is averaging close to 25pts and 10 boards a game, which is another plus of an MVP (KG who won it in 04). Most importantly he has matured as a player and is a real leader since Nash left...trust me there were times dirk wanted to clothesline JT (Jet) for taking all them 3's, but JT finally started to play like a guy who needed to run the offense and get it to Dirk at his spots.

It wouldn't bother me if Nash won it either b/c he did help beat Dallas twice late in the season, and the team seems lost without him, but once again...he hasn't done anything spectacular to merit a 3rd MVP trophy. His stats are the same, but the difference is having amare back and raja bell stepping up his game this year. Nash defines the valuable, but once again Dirk has been consistently valuable with the Mavs. Plus the Mavs have been consistent all year long with their guys. Its natural to award the MVP to Dirk. To me Phoenix (a team I love too...I might add) have been up and down a lot this year...yes they have 58 wins, but they haven't played like the previous 2 years, and I think thats a factor as well.

Forgot about the dark horse candidate and thats King Lebron James...My reason of not giving him the nod is b/c he is too unselfish...I mean I thought by now he can take over a game consistently, but what I see are so many mental lapses in his game it kills me to watch him play sometimes. ie he would pass up a game winning shot (he does this a lot), he will miss a crucial free throw (vs. detroit on Sunday for example), and he lacks a sense of urgency and killer instinct at times. Hopefully next year he can do it, but for now he isn't MVP worthy.

I think barbosa will probably win, and I'm glad too b/c the suns stole him from san antonio back in the 03 draft? or was it the 02?...can't remember.

Andre Biedrens I think he as a legit shot at most improved especially since he is a double threat and is understanding the game finally...can't wait to see what he can do next season b/c I'm hearing thats only the tip of the iceberg, but it would also help if I can watch more Warriors games on TV.

Another guy I forgot to mention is Josh Smith from Atlanta...he finally has awoken to...16.5 pts 6.5 rebs, and 2.9 blocks (2nd in the NBA)

I agree with Sam Mitchell as COY...I hope Toronto can re-sign him.

Defiant One

Reaction score
very good point on the MVP race. Dallas is my fav team but Phoenix is either 2nd or 3rd, so im not completly biased or anything, I just dont think Nash's year automatically warrants him a third straight MVP. Yeah his stat are better than his two previous years, but if that were the case then all hed have to do is raise his stats and win MVP automatically, no thats not how it works. This year Dirk stepped up and became a leader on the Mavs. I forgot about Josh Smith he is having a pretty good year, and should be considered for most improved.

circle

Reaction score
if Nash should win it...I think Dirk would be victim of the running era...I mean so many teams run and since its a phase of the NBA, and the suns are leading the charge its only natural that the people on the suns benefit more.the mavs who also run, but can play very good D. I think Cuban will do his best to influence others to vote for Dirk for MVP, which I hope he does.

Big day for declarations b/c Affallo and Durant have declared for the draft

Soulpower

I can't wait to see Durant in the NBA... He was so great in college and I'm pretty sure he'll be able to start on any team come opening game of next season.

Defiant One

Reaction score
yeah thats true but i wanna see how he does on defense guarding Melo, Lebro, Pierce, Josh Howard, Marion. thats what i wanna see, cuz its clear hell get his 20 points but can he stop the best night after night for 82 games not counting the playoffs.