Solutions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Alright, this should be a fairly long one so here we go.

For the past two weeks this forum has been in complete disarray. We've seen two people demoted and a hell of a lot of people promoted/demoted since then. To be honest, at first I was among the crowd who thought everyone was taking things a bit to far with the demotion of Monk and WS (which honestly I still do). I'm still not completely sure what changes have occured since their departure. People who claim they weren't here just for the spam and posting ridiculous things have the main complaint of CT not being anything goes anymore and HIAT being re-opened and once again closed.
I have to say I can't blame Mike for some of the things he's done. He's at a loss right now as to how to handle this whole cluster fuck so he has given me the enviable job of deciding what to with the current state of the forum.

I agree 100% that everyone needs a place where they can act like assholes and discuss anything openly without having to worry about infractions and banning. Which is why let's just get it out of the way straight off and say that HIAT will be reopened. HOWEVER, just because it's a place where there are no rules and grievances between members can be aired out and anything goes as far as conversation topics I don't want it to turn into an excuse to constantly flame other members. You've got to realize that although it may be funny to some people as an Admin (as well as other staff members) we are met with an onslaught of PM's with complaints about constant unwarranted flaming. So guys please, use HIAT to have fun but just use your discretion in there because constant flaming and insults are only going to lead to this same shit popping up over and over again.

Casual Talk will also remain open. Rules will be enforced in the CT section... no spamming, no flaming. I think that's perfectly fair considering HIAT will be re-opened. Use the section for exactly what it says, casual talk... conversations about every day things and just bullshitting in general.

On to the topic of the whole legend status. I think one of the negative things that has arisen since the whole 'change' is the huge emphasis put on everyone's label on the forum. There were problems when people were promoted, people saying they didn't deserve the spot. There were people stressing that a position of power means nothing, yet at the same time complaining over loss of or lack of legend status.
I think stripping those of their legend status who truly earned it in the past past was really the wrong thing to do and simply added salt to the wounds during this whole situation. I can't keep track of everything so anyone who lost their legend status in this whole matter, PM me and I'll restore it to you.

Here's one thing I don't understand. There has been such a massive backlash on this forum since Monk's departure and it really makes no sense. So many people came out of the woodwork saying they hated the way he ran the forum once he was already gone making it sound like it had become such a horrible place. All of this shit should have been brought up WHILE HE WAS STILL HERE so it could have been fixed. By the same account as soon as Mike comes and takes the reigns again everyone jumps on the Mike-hate bandwagon.
There are multiple Admins for a reason guys. You don't think XBA is qualified? Don't look to him to solve a problem.
You think Mike is a power hungry prick? Don't ask him for help
You can also come to me. I consider myself to be a pretty neutral party in all of this. I personally had no problem with Monk... in fact he's the one who brought me up to the level of S-Mod in the first place.
Don't like me either? Well then I guess you really are fucked...lol

Bottom line is that we're really trying improve the forum. I just really hope you guys can trust me on this one and really try your hardest to drop all of this bullshit. I didn't really see this to be that big of a problem honestly until some of our top members (my wingman) Chuck Taylor, Axis, Airfixx, Great One, Nation...ect ect. starting standing up and voicing their opinions on the matter.
Just keep in mind that it is a WRESTLING FORUM and although you may like to have fun in the HIAT sections or whatever just remember what everyone should really be here for. For a good old wrasslin discussion.

So anything I've missed just go ahead and let me know in this thread. Balls in your court guys...whats up?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Copying and pasting this in here since I'm fairly certain discussion will move into here now:

Simply the people who lost their all so precious legend status were not acting like a legend should act. The ones that were taken away were NOT banned, given an infraction or anything like that. They didn't break a rule, they just showed how disrespectful they could be with their maturity level and bullying of others. A person with a legend title should treat other members with respect, simply be a model member of the forum. Similar to 3lions if I may drop a name.

The HIAT was just promoting other members to get into trouble and arguments and be assholes to each other which this message board is going to continue to distance itself from. Treat others with respect and dignity and honestly if people do not like the fact that the forum isn't going to encourage other people to get into fights and be destructive then this isn't the place for you.

lmao @ the legend thing. I'm sure that in the week between when me, Axis and the such were given the legend status (and the cool power to see people on invisible which I actually enjoyed, btw) and when it was taken away from us, both by you, our behaviour changed drastically. In tha one week I became an asshole. I mean, before then I was just like "MizMasta, you're the most clever guy I've ever met. I mean, seriously, how are you so smart? Do you inject books directly into your brain? Is that what you do? Because really, you're just so smart. So smart. Wow" but in the week after I got the legend status (in which I was mostly inactive and didn't post much), I became an asshole. Of course that's how it happened, because if it didn't, you'd look like quite the moron. Fortunate that isn't the case, eh?

I'm going to play a little trivia with our staff (or the supposed 'head administrator'). It's called "Do you know what makes this forum more appealing to spend my time on than WF or the plethora of other forums out there on the world wide interwebz?" (or DYKWMTFMATSMTOTWOTPOOFOTOTWWI for short). It's not that we have a stack of great wrestling posters here, because we don't. We don't, we don't, we don't. In fact, I think I could count with my fingers the amount of people on this forum who I think I could have an intelligent discussion with (and I'm certainly not the problem). If I wanted the best wrestling discussion, I'd look elsewhere. No, I choose to waste my time here because it has a fun environment. Sure, it could easily be replaced with something else I find fun, but for now, this is it. And for some reason, Mike Chaos seems to think that taking away the fun is the answer to making this forum a better place? Ah, nooooo. Taking away the fun isn't going to make morons smarter, and it certainly isn't going to encourage any more activity. All it's going to do is sink this ship before you can even utter the words "Horrid administrator".

Think about it logically: people started visiting more often when this place became more relaxed, and you want to take that away? Congratulations. You are officially stupid. You can pick up your medal on the way out.

To sum up the rest of this thread, TQO and Axis are right, as is campaign save.us_noumenom since I'm not sure what's been happening with This Guy, who I still think is certainly a competent administrator.

Edit: To follow on from the legend stuff, I guess JMay's conduct is 'modlike' and he is 'a person with a legend title should treat other members with respect, simply be a model member of the forum'.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38334

and from Pat's repsheet

Seven new skins 01-26-2010 03:34 PM JMay187 NO JUST TIRED OF YOU AROGANT FUCKS CRYING BECAUSE A MEMBER WAS BANNED GET OVER IT BITCH.

Definitely respectful.

btw, you posted this thread twice.

noumenon

Yeah, because it logged me out while posting it.

Any previous Monkey or Mike hating arguments are going to be completely ignored in here. This is the solutions thread. Trying to forget about everything that's happened in the past two weeks. I'm going to give people what they want and see what happens. If THAT doesn't make people happy then I really don't know...

Also LOL @ saveus_noumenon

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Thank you Noumenon. Now that the record has been set straight on the situation without the staff dodging questions and hemming and hawing about how we don't know what we're talking about, I think some actual order can be restored here.

I can deal with controversial decisions, demotions, and what have you. But it's the way the staff carries itself through these decisions that's important. As I said in the other thread, we need Transparency. We need the Admins and Mods to be a community WITH us, not against us. And I think you're the perfect candidate to be that bridge since the people who were supposed to be that position in the first place (Word Life, XBA) basically completely changed once they became staff and stopped being free thinkers.

With all due respect to WL and XBA, I think now with you on the Admin team things will finally start looking up.

noumenon

I'll re-open HIAT...as soon as I figure out how LMAO

But seriously people. I don't want things to completely revert to the way they were. Nothing but bitching, spamming and flaming. Let's go back to having fun, enjoying posting and discussing wrestling. I'm giving everyone what they want with this. People have their HIAT back to go nuts in. We've got the rules enforced in CT...a place people can have a nice convo without worrying about spam and flaming.

But do me a favor, and this is my only zero tolerance thing. DROP THE WHOLE MIKE THING. I don't want to see 8 new threads springing up about this in HIAT by tonight. Let's just take this as a new start and really get back down to business. Like it or not he's still head admin... but as I've said...you've got your options. If you don't feel comfortable going to Mike or XBA you can always come to me with your problems. Don't forget... until a few months ago I was just another regular poster on the forums.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I really consider Hell In A Thread more like a "Not Safe For Work" forum. Something where you can post controversial images, news items, say anything you want to kind of deal. I don't view it as a "everything and anything must be allowed up to and including excessive abusive flaming & bullying".

Although I still do subscribe to the theory that if you don't want to be picked on, don't click on that area of the boards, but I agree I think everyone here is capable of acting like adults and knowing what is considered crossing the line and what is still controversial yet funny to post.

Obviously like what I've been guilty of in the past, posting LKP's chick with dicks surrounding her shouldn't fly anymore. That's abusive. But if he says something stupid I should reserve the right to still say "You're a moron".

But if future problems like this are going to be handled with an air of compromise or at least coming down to our level and understanding where we're coming from and then concluding "but this is the way it is now", I can still deal with that. Like I said I think you're going to be a good guy to restore order and respect to the Mod Team. It might take me longer than most to feel comfortable around MC again, but you're on the right track. And I appreciate your efforts.

noumenon

I really consider Hell In A Thread more like a "Not Safe For Work" forum. Something where you can post controversial images, news items, say anything you want to kind of deal. I don't view it as a "everything and anything must be allowed up to and including excessive abusive flaming & bullying".

Although I still do subscribe to the theory that if you don't want to be picked on, don't click on that area of the boards, but I agree I think everyone here is capable of acting like adults and knowing what is considered crossing the line and what is still controversial yet funny to post.

Obviously like what I've been guilty of in the past, posting LKP's chick with dicks surrounding her shouldn't fly anymore. That's abusive. But if he says something stupid I should reserve the right to still say "You're a moron".

But if future problems like this are going to be handled with an air of compromise or at least coming down to our level and understanding where we're coming from and then concluding "but this is the way it is now", I can still deal with that. Like I said I think you're going to be a good guy to restore order and respect to the Mod Team. It might take me longer than most to feel comfortable around MC again, but you're on the right track. And I appreciate your efforts.

You summed it up perfectly. That's all I'm saying. Just know the difference between saying "Hey you were an asshole in this thread and I'm calling you out on it" and seriously harassing a user with no real reason behind it.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I'll be sure to use that kind of discretion from now on. Thanks for stepping in Noumenon, I feel more comfortable now than I did yesterday.

C4

You want a solution? Just bring back monkeystyle and Wrestling Station.

Otherwise this forum will remain the way it is.

noumenon

Weren't you the one who started the complaints on Monk?

Nice job. It's shitty attitudes like that which are the reason it spiraled out of control in the first place.

C4

I started complaints about monkeystyle? Get your facts straight.

This is where most members are wrong. I had nothing to do with all this. I just reported two spam posts of seX-Power and Beer.

This clusterfuck is because of Mike Chaos and his dumb decisions (i.e. de-modding Wrestling Station and monkeystyle) You can't blame anyone else for this.

IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF MIKE CHAOS.

And if you want to bring back the old IWF, you have to bring back two of the most awesome legends of the forum, Wrestling Station and monkeystyle.

noumenon

Did I blame anyone? But I do remember you having a problem with the way Monk was handling the spam. Did you read the post? Drop everything... I'm trying to help the forum function properly again. What does it matter who is running it.

C4

Did I blame anyone? But I do remember you having a problem with the way Monk was handling the spam. Did you read the post? Drop everything... I'm trying to help the forum function properly again. What does it matter who is running it.

I never had problems with monkeystyle. I had problems with the rules of the forum.

I know you're trying to help the forum function properly again but for that there is only one thing that can be done, bringing back monkeystyle and Wrestling Station and giving them their admin powers.

noumenon

Ya know, you're taking a thread that's meant for the betterment of the forum and bringing more bullshit into it.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I still have C4 on my ignore list, lol. So it looks like Noumenon is arguing with himself. ROFL.

But I clicked on "view post" anyway to see what was up and I have to disagree with C4 fundamentally on Mike Chaos' crappy decisions. Because hate on Mike all you want, I'm gonna give credit where credit is due. If it wasn't for him Noumenon wouldn't be Admin in the first place right now and you wouldn't have ANY staff members trying to smooth shit over like he is. So thanks to MC for doing the right thing, but as for C4? Take your greivances via PM buddy, this is not the place for it.