So the IC Title....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
They must unify the IC title with the US title..
Many of us have already forgot about the US title which is kinda natural giving that Ambrose hasn't defended it since...Forever.

Welcome back! :yay:

I'm still not sold on Cesaro/Heyman yet. Love both guys, but thus far, Cesaro was MUCH better off as a Real American. Give the belt to Barrett.

I totally agree with the first part of this (not gonna talk about the second) Cesaro needs a mouthpiece, but him and Heyman do feel like oil and water. Cesaro is so likable right now, during his matches when he's doing all this crazy shit no human should be doing you couldn't pay the crowds to boo this guy. He's one of the hottest acts in the company stuck with... Heyman, the guy who just orchestrated the end of the streak and easily the best heat magnet in all of wrestling. Feels like they don't know what to do with the guy except that they know they want to do something. At least that's great! :yay:

As for him still being a Real American, damn right. Obviously that can work as a face gimmick, and the "We the People" chants were over and associated with Cesaro already. So that way a great talker in Zeb isn't wasted on Swagger, and Heyman's free to go find a diamond in the rough like your boy Barrett.

And we'd all mark to see a Heyman and Mantel start a little fight in the middle of the ring.

Reactions: JC4Life37

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Lol Zeb is a comedy character. Being put with him confirms you're becoming a jobber.

I think Swagger will cost Cesaro his semi-final match with RVD this Monday, leading to BigE/Barrett and Swagger/Cesaro at ER.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I think Swagger will cost Cesaro his semi-final match with RVD this Monday, leading to BigE/Barrett and Swagger/Cesaro at ER.

Part of me likes this idea; part of me doesn't. I'm not sure why I wouldn't like this idea, because a Swagger/Cesaro feud is inevitable.

wk

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I want to say it's obvious that Cesaro is winning the tournament and then the championship, but I could also see Swagger costing him the tournament finals against Barrett and then Cesaro going over Swagger in a match at Extreme Rules (and maybe at Payback as well) and then going on to win the MITB briefcase in June. Reports are saying they want to push Cesaro hard (which should be obvious), and even if you're on board with raising the prestige of the IC Championship again by giving to Cesaro and booking him as a strong reigning champion, I would have to think that winning the MITB briefcase would certainly be considered a significantly stronger push (especially when WWE has long forgotten that the IC Title is supposed to mean something.) Then again, I suppose there's also the chance that Cesaro wins the Intercontinental Championship AND the briefcase so that he can walk around with two different "prizes", and we can see Heyman always carrying the briefcase while Cesaro is always carrying the championship. I know, not likely, but it's an idea.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Muur

The Artiste
Reaction score
Agree so highly with this, Cesaro becoming IC Champion will ruin his massive push he has earned and fought for
They could just have him look really strong and then have E win to give both a rub.
Anyway if he's not going to win the world title - which he wont so soon - the IC title is the next best thing. Just look at how many former World champions are in the tourney...

I want to say it's obvious that Cesaro is winning the tournament and then the championship, but I could also see Swagger costing him the tournament finals against Barrett and then Cesaro going over Swagger in a match at Extreme Rules (and maybe at Payback as well) and then going on to win the MITB briefcase in June. Reports are saying they want to push Cesaro hard (which should be obvious), and even if you're on board with raising the prestige of the IC Championship again by giving to Cesaro and booking him as a strong reigning champion, I would have to think that winning the MITB briefcase would certainly be considered a significantly stronger push (especially when WWE has long forgotten that the IC Title is supposed to mean something.) Then again, I suppose there's also the chance that Cesaro wins the Intercontinental Championship AND the briefcase so that he can walk around with two different "prizes", and we can see Heyman always carrying the briefcase while Cesaro is always carrying the championship. I know, not likely, but it's an idea.

Cesaro could have a decent reign, then drop it to someone giving them a rub, then move onto a cash in with the MITB.