• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

So the IC Title....

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score
We are getting some sort of investment perhaps given the 4 tournament matches we had on RAW this week, Sheamus, RVD, Barrett & Cesaro all in the semi finals of the 8 man tournament. Anyone else think that Cesaro with Heyman and the IC Title will work? They have to do better than Axel did with the belt and with Heyman. I don't see Big E retaining if Cesaro (the favorite to win imo) wins the tournament

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Here's whats gonna happen, Cesaro is going to win, then after X-rules, Ambrose is put into the picture so we can unify the US and IC titles, then Cesaro wins that match (or Ambrose wins and Cesaro is pushed for the WWEWHC). Its been about a year long now Ambrose has had the US title and its practically useless nowadays. Anyone agree to this?

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Putting the IC title on Cesaro would be the worst possible thing for him.

"Cesaro can make belt credible again!" - No, it's a piece of shit that no one cares about, Cesaro is miles above it.

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score
Putting the IC title on Cesaro would be the worst possible thing for him.

"Cesaro can make belt credible again!" - No, it's a piece of shit that no one cares about, Cesaro is miles above it.
Agree so highly with this, Cesaro becoming IC Champion will ruin his massive push he has earned and fought for

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, first the OP. The tournament does make the title look a bit better, and it's a fun thing to speculate with. I could see Cesaro winning the tournament and the belt, or perhaps Swagger screwing him thus BnB gets the shot or something like that. But it's not like giving him the IC will kill him. Granted, if happened to most of the guys who won it recently, but that doesn't mean it'll happen again. If they're set on making Cesaro a big star, they could book a good reign for him which would rule. But it's really up in the air atm how the IC title will end up.

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well, first the OP. The tournament does make the title look a bit better, and it's a fun thing to speculate with. I could see Cesaro winning the tournament and the belt, or perhaps Swagger screwing him thus BnB gets the shot or something like that. But it's not like giving him the IC will kill him. Granted, if happened to most of the guys who won it recently, but that doesn't mean it'll happen again. If they're set on making Cesaro a big star, they could book a good reign for him which would rule. But it's really up in the air atm how the IC title will end up.

Torn on your post. One hand I want the IC Title to mean something again, on the otherhand, Cesaro vs Swagger would be a good feud with a potential great match

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Torn on your post. One hand I want the IC Title to mean something again, on the otherhand, Cesaro vs Swagger would be a good feud with a potential great match
Well, they could still do Swagger/Cesaro, just have Swagger get the heat on him in another situation (or have him try to interfere but fail), I don't know. If they want both they can do it.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
They must unify the IC title with the US title..
Many of us have already forgot about the US title which is kinda natural giving that Ambrose hasn't defended it since...Forever.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
IC title used to be mean something, and they could make it mean something again, whats that quote its not the title that makes the man, its the man that makes the title? So get someone exciting, idk bring back Y2J(he's been bulking up) get some young guys from NXT and throw them into the mix, Big E is quite boring to watch imo, he just got stale very fast. Cesaro, Barret, Ambrose, Rollins are all guys who 'can' make it better, but hey Ambrose has the us title and that title is just sad now..

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem with Ambrose as the Champion if he defended it more. I think he needs to step up his game a little. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns are both very entertaining to watch. I've always thought of Ambrose a boring.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Cesaro is above the IC Title? No, he's not. Unless Austin, Rocky, and HHH were all above the IC Title when they won it.

Ambrose has made the US Championship meaningless? That's something booking has done.

Unifying the IC and U.S. Titles is a bad idea unless you're bringing back the European Championship.

The finals of the tournament should be Barrett and Cesaro (Cesaro's being pushed, so there's no reason for him not to go over RVD and Barrett going over Sheamus makes him look great, not to mention the fact that, in both cases, it's a guy who has never been a world champion going over a guy who has been a world champion.....you don't promote guys to the upper midcard/main event level much better than that). From there, I see either Barrett winning the tournament because Swagger costs Cesaro the victory or Cesaro wins the tournament. I then see the tourney winner going to defeat Big E at ER for the IC Title. This is a good thing, no matter who wins it, and it will be a boost to either man's career.

If Barrett is the IC Champion, I see him being transitional until Cesaro disposes of the Swagger feud and then Cesaro will become IC Champion. If Cesaro goes on to win the title from Big E, his first defensive feud will be against Swagger. I see Cesaro being the IC Champion in the same career path that Austin, Rock, and HHH all had and I do see him bringing the title back to a higher level. I also wouldn't mind seeing him defend the IC Title at some point against Roman Reigns (cue all the Reigns marks screeching "HE'S ABOVE THE IC TITLE! HE FEUD WITH HHH AND WIN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NOW!!!!!!!"), as a way to build Reigns' capacity to feud for a title and carry a major championship, so we don't get Jack Swagger's World Championship Reign 2.0.

As for Big E post-IC-title, I would actually have him feud with Ambrose for the US Championship and all of these newly-appearing NXT guys and the guys who need some "beefing up" (not just Big E, Dallas, and Rose, but also guys like Rollins, Ryder, any of the guys from 3MB (bur only if they're going to break up 3MB), Brodus Clay, Xavier Woods) need to be the guys feuding for the US Championship. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Ambrose being pushed to the upper midcard and feud for the IC Title.

I actually think Cesaro should be IC Champion and carry it for 9 - 18 months. He's a good enough wrestler and can make guys look good while also being strong enough to win a lot of matches to make the IC Title the sought-after championship it used to be, but it's going to take good booking and setting up feuds with former World Champions like Sheamus, Ziggler, Christian (if/when he comes back from concussion), RVD, etc., to make it really important.

wk

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Cesaro is above the IC Title? No, he's not. Unless Austin, Rocky, and HHH were all above the IC Title when they won it.

Ambrose has made the US Championship meaningless? That's something booking has done.

Unifying the IC and U.S. Titles is a bad idea unless you're bringing back the European Championship.

The finals of the tournament should be Barrett and Cesaro (Cesaro's being pushed, so there's no reason for him not to go over RVD and Barrett going over Sheamus makes him look great, not to mention the fact that, in both cases, it's a guy who has never been a world champion going over a guy who has been a world champion.....you don't promote guys to the upper midcard/main event level much better than that). From there, I see either Barrett winning the tournament because Swagger costs Cesaro the victory or Cesaro wins the tournament. I then see the tourney winner going to defeat Big E at ER for the IC Title. This is a good thing, no matter who wins it, and it will be a boost to either man's career.

If Barrett is the IC Champion, I see him being transitional until Cesaro disposes of the Swagger feud and then Cesaro will become IC Champion. If Cesaro goes on to win the title from Big E, his first defensive feud will be against Swagger. I see Cesaro being the IC Champion in the same career path that Austin, Rock, and HHH all had and I do see him bringing the title back to a higher level. I also wouldn't mind seeing him defend the IC Title at some point against Roman Reigns (cue all the Reigns marks screeching "HE'S ABOVE THE IC TITLE! HE FEUD WITH HHH AND WIN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NOW!!!!!!!"), as a way to build Reigns' capacity to feud for a title and carry a major championship, so we don't get Jack Swagger's World Championship Reign 2.0.

As for Big E post-IC-title, I would actually have him feud with Ambrose for the US Championship and all of these newly-appearing NXT guys and the guys who need some "beefing up" (not just Big E, Dallas, and Rose, but also guys like Rollins, Ryder, any of the guys from 3MB (bur only if they're going to break up 3MB), Brodus Clay, Xavier Woods) need to be the guys feuding for the US Championship. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Ambrose being pushed to the upper midcard and feud for the IC Title.

I actually think Cesaro should be IC Champion and carry it for 9 - 18 months. He's a good enough wrestler and can make guys look good while also being strong enough to win a lot of matches to make the IC Title the sought-after championship it used to be, but it's going to take good booking and setting up feuds with former World Champions like Sheamus, Ziggler, Christian (if/when he comes back from concussion), RVD, etc., to make it really important.

wk

Riding the coatails on this one; pretty much share about 95% of the opinions within it so.

Reactions: Wacokid27