So... does anyone here watch hockey? lol

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well I don't think players want to play hockey in like July. And for those who are out in the first round of Stanley Cup or those players who don't even play Stanley Cup have a period of three months where they don't even play competitive hockey. It would be different with the Olympics because it's in late August and it's just before the pre season starts. But the only thing that's going to happen is that World Cup is coming back. World championship will still suck and the Olympics will be without NHL-players.
Yeah, sad but true. I think we'd have to change the start of NHL if we'd want a WC and OL with NHL players. Not sure how long the NHL season lasts, but doesn't OL and WC last only for like 2 weeks? Not sure also when the NHL seasons start usually but would it be impossible to have the WC about a month before the NHL, with the NHL players? The NHL teams would see how their new players work in action, and maybe see someone they'd want to draft.

mh0707

The Artiste
Reaction score
Yeah, sad but true. I think we'd have to change the start of NHL if we'd want a WC and OL with NHL players. Not sure how long the NHL season lasts, but doesn't OL and WC last only for like 2 weeks? Not sure also when the NHL seasons start usually but would it be impossible to have the WC about a month before the NHL, with the NHL players? The NHL teams would see how their new players work in action, and maybe see someone they'd want to draft.
I don't think NHL players are keen to shorten their vacation some players have played near 100 games the season before. If the World Cup would be reinstated, it would be "instead" of the pre season, it would be in the beginning of September and end after like one week (only eight teams) so the players could return to their teams before the season starts the first week of October. World Championships are not important to the NHL because they have no part of it, that's IIHF's tournament. Olympics is a combination of IIHF and NHL. NHL wants to have control of the international tournaments and then the World Cup would be their thing.

mh0707

The Artiste
Reaction score
HOLY SHIT!!! Luongo traded to Florida..

mh0707

The Artiste
Reaction score
I WAS LITERALLY ABOUT TO POST THIS! lol BE FREE BOBBY LUU!! FUCK YOU VANCOUVER. caps.
Haha that's a fucking bomb man!
Also, digging the acquisition of Fasth. Maybe we'll finish 28th next year.
Lol, you got two back-ups now.. Even though Scrivens' been good since he got there, I don't see him as a starting goalie for a team that wants to make it to the playoffs (you should be in the playoffs though).

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[quote="Lol, you got two back-ups now.. Even though Scrivens' been good since he got there, I don't see him as a starting goalie for a team that wants to make it to the playoffs (you should be in the playoffs though).[/quote]

Edler will be up for grabs, we should REALLY trade Yak and Gagner or Hemsky in a package deal for Yandle and then possibly draft Ekblad. THESE THINGS COULD HAPPEN, we could be a good team next year. But alas, that's not the goal that management has for this team. They want to lose a lot. Forever. qq.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Dynasty Keeper League 4 more years, guy wants to trade me Rick Nash & John Tavares for Kessell and Galchenyuk any opinions?

Reactions: Kooldip

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dynasty Keeper League 4 more years, guy wants to trade me Rick Nash & John Tavares for Kessell and Galchenyuk any opinions?
Gally's future as a player is uncertain, Nash and Tavares will put up the points you expect (60-70 for Nash and 80-100 for Tavares). Only issue is injury, both have a bit of a history, your call.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It's a really tough call to make..
I don't know how it got from me making a simple offer for Ryan Johansen to this blockbuster 2 for 2 deal.

Mean Smark Callous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.redmeat.com
lol @ luongo in florida, that'll put butts in the seats. can we just fold or move the panthers already? look up their tv ratings. about 4,000 viewers a game. they're like the TNA of hockey.

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Phew, lots of trades today. What did you guys think of your teams actions (or lack thereof) today?

Edmonton acquired useless picks for two roster players. Fuck you Mac T. Although the Fasth trade was good.