So... does anyone here watch hockey? lol

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LesNardog

Jobber
Reaction score
I thought the tourney was pretty enjoyable, defintiely didn't expect to lose 0-5 in the Bronze game but hey sometimes your team is just that discouraged.
Now time for NHL to get back on track and time for some Oiler Hockey.
Likewise, was thinking the game would be a little bit closer than that.. oh well resume NHL season and leggo KINGS!

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I wonder if we'd been any different if we would've had Koivu, Filppula and Barkov. Oh well, gotta wait for 2018 and Pjongjang (dont know how its written in eng so imma just write it in finnish)

EDIT: Fuck, Pjongjang was North Koreas capital city, Pyeongchang is the 2018 winter olympic city.

mh0707

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well, this was probably the last olympics with NHL-players for a while..
I'm pretty sure there will be no NHL-players in 2018

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I wonder if we'd been any different if we would've had Koivu, Filppula and Barkov. Oh well, gotta wait for 2018 and Pjongjang (dont know how its written in eng so imma just write it in finnish)

EDIT: Fuck, Pjongjang was North Koreas capital city, Pyeongchang is the 2018 winter olympic city.
For a moment I thought the communist states had laid siege to our winter olympics :bury:

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
For a moment I thought the communist states had laid siege to our winter olympics :bury:
Tbh I'd like to see what kind of starting ceremony North Korea would make. Thousands of ''volunteers'' marching for The Great and Glorious Leader of The Best and Only Korea.

inb4. North Korea beats Canada 6-0 in the olympic hockey final. (Tbh I'd like to see that too)

Stopspot

Reaction score
Tbh I'd like to see what kind of starting ceremony North Korea would make. Thousands of ''volunteers'' marching for The Great and Glorious Leader of The Best and Only Korea.

inb4. North Korea beats Canada 6-0 in the olympic hockey final. (Tbh I'd like to see that too)
"All hail the sun, the mother and the glorious leader"

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well, this was probably the last olympics with NHL-players for a while..
I'm pretty sure there will be no NHL-players in 2018
Would suck, but I understand why. How many guys got injured? Barkov, Tavares... Well tbh dont remember any other names atm but still, I totally understand if the NHL wont let their players play at the olympics.

But also what if the World championships would be after the NHL games? And every 2nd year maybe? That would be cool. It would seriously raise the prestige of world championship games.

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
"All hail the sun, the mother and the glorious leader"
''Oh NK lost to someone in a race?''
7a8c5329f8ba894a8e2cfdd26c62ad88.png

Stopspot

Reaction score
''Oh NK lost to someone in a race?''
7a8c5329f8ba894a8e2cfdd26c62ad88.png
Clinton's gonna have to work overtime if the olympics go to north korea. since he's the only foreign diplomat Jong Un listens to.

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Clinton's gonna have to work overtime if the olympics go to north korea. since he's the only foreign diplomat Jong Un listens to.
Lol I bet the olympics would be so terrible, it would be epic. I'd definitely watch it. And after NK, Al-Qaida (not sure how it's written in eng) could maybe host?

''Canada is disqualified from the hockey tournament, because they're infidels. The gold has been awarded to the Saudi-Arabias national mens hockey team''

mh0707

The Artiste
Reaction score
Would suck, but I understand why. How many guys got injured? Barkov, Tavares... Well tbh dont remember any other names atm but still, I totally understand if the NHL wont let their players play at the olympics.

But also what if the World championships would be after the NHL games? And every 2nd year maybe? That would be cool. It would seriously raise the prestige of world championship games.
No olympics= World cup/Canada cup reinstated. Probably! That's what the NHL bosses wants. I want hockey to be in the summer olympics. Basketball is already during the summer games, as well as handball so why not hockey? But as I said, there will probably be a World Cup/Canada Cup during the pre season, which would be better for players, coaches and owners.

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
No olympics= World cup/Canada cup reinstated. Probably! That's what the NHL bosses wants. I want hockey to be in the summer olympics. Basketball is already during the summer games, as well as handball so why not hockey? But as I said, there will probably be a World Cup/Canada Cup during the pre season, which would be better for players, coaches and owners.
Hockey in the summer olympics would work, but it would imo sound weird. ''Ice hockey in summer olympics'' ''wat dude''. But seriously, what if the IIHF would just have the world championships after the NHL games? Cant be THAT hard, I'd believe. But also I'd want a format where there's no NHL players, to see the future stars, you know? Maybe European championships?

mh0707

The Artiste
Reaction score
Hockey in the summer olympics would work, but it would imo sound weird. ''Ice hockey in summer olympics'' ''wat dude''. But seriously, what if the IIHF would just have the world championships after the NHL games? Cant be THAT hard, I'd believe. But also I'd want a format where there's no NHL players, to see the future stars, you know? Maybe European championships?
Well I don't think players want to play hockey in like July. And for those who are out in the first round of Stanley Cup or those players who don't even play Stanley Cup have a period of three months where they don't even play competitive hockey. It would be different with the Olympics because it's in late August and it's just before the pre season starts. But the only thing that's going to happen is that World Cup is coming back. World championship will still suck and the Olympics will be without NHL-players.

LesNardog

Jobber
Reaction score
I assume they're going to do it like the NBA is where like people in the NHL can still play it's just they can't be older than like 21 or 23 for example.