So do you consider John Morrison to be main event calibre

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Since his return Morrison has been pushed hard and has been involved in a number of the top matches on raw and smackdown. I think most of us agree that it has to be now or never for him to reach the main event level.

I fully expect that in the next six to eight months Morrison will hold one of the world titles. Think most will know my view on him, but what do you think, does John Morrison has what it takes to connect with the fans on a main event level.

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
I believe John Morrison DESERVES one of the world championships. He definitely needs more practice on the mic; he should utilize the time he has at live events or at least try. This would improve his mic skill, and make him a good promo man for televised events in the future.

Now, I don't know how memorable his overall title reign would be. What I know is that JoMo holding the world title will be a memorable moment.

Is he a main event player. Not quite yet, but with a good and believable push he surely will be. He needs more mic skill and a good story; he already is credible and impressive of a performer.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Wrestling ability I say hell yeah.

But Mentally he seems like a child I mean read the tweet about Melina's release it seems petty, childish and just plain ignorant. But I also don't see it right for him to be with the mid card either. So wrestling for the main title and not winning seems to be where he belongs until he grows up.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Right Now? No
In 6-12 Months? Very possible.
I do think he lacks good mic skills but he entertains and is better on the mic than Kofi the other guy I'd compare him to (yes his Orton work was good but what else?), so yes I think he could win a title in the next year.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Maybe a bit after Wrestlemania he'll become champion. He could win the Royal Rumble and go from there, that'd be a good enough time to build him (Mic and Ring wise). Would love a Morrison / Del Rio feud. Those two could work well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wrestling ability I say hell yeah.

But Mentally he seems like a child I mean read the tweet about Melina's release it seems petty, childish and just plain ignorant. But I also don't see it right for him to be with the mid card either. So wrestling for the main title and not winning seems to be where he belongs until he grows up.

This is where I would have him at the moment as well. He currently doesn't seem like someone that can carry a brand. Miz showed that he could step up when he became a maineventer and has became a mainstay because of that. If Morrison can mature a bit outside the ring and become better on the mic then yes I think he can be champion. He could still be a maineventer without winning the top title though.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I agree that he should wrestler for the title, and always come up short. Remember his matches with Miz for the title? It made both Miz and Morrison look strong. Or when Morrison faced Jeff Hardy for the World Title on Smackdown in a HIGHLY Underrated match. Both came out looking good. He'll reach it. This may just be the fan in me, but I want to see Morrison enter 1st in the Royal Rumble, and win it. Then go on to maybe face Miz at WrestleMania for the WWE Championship and win. It's been a long time since we've seen a young face when the Royal Rumble, and capture their boy hood dream at WrestleMania.

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
Yeah, if Morrison wins the '12 Rumble, I won't be disappointed. However, him going to the mainevent at Wrestlemania 28? Maybe not yet, so we might have to wait on that one. I do want JoMo to win one of the Royal Rumbles or the MITB briefcase next year.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well considering WM28 will be a huge draw no matter what having a new maineventer like Morrison in the WWE title match wouldn't be a bad idea. The Rock alone will get it to 1 million buys and they just need a solid undercard with maybe one more huge marquee match like an Austin or Goldberg or Jericho returning.

PegasusKid

Reaction score
JoMo would be a perfect fit in the mainevent picture, personaly I think he needs to be pushed onto Smackdown were he can settle into the WHC picture to secure his main event status. Once hes there he can hold the title for a fe months becoming one of the top faces and then get traded bck to Raw and go for the WWE title. I have believed for a long time talent should be pushed with World title first to ,make sure they can carry a belt. I am looking forwarsd to seeing his status progress over next few months - year.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He would have a much better chance of winning the title on Smackdown but I would like to see him remain on RAW. There are still plenty of feud options for him on RAW and it has mainly been due to Punk's awesome run that has keep him down the card. He has only just returned from injury as well so there is time for him to get to the mainevent by the end of this year.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Well it's not good that once again Morrison has big time heat on him. I am really starting to wonder about the guy and also wondering why did I buy his shirt (lol). But Morrison recently got heat for trying to bring Melina back into the locker room three days after her released. Really John, I can't see that working out too well. John needs to face facts and realizes to stop always worrying about his girl. What got him in trouble at Mania for wanting Melina in the match and not Trish. Now look what happens, I think Morrison continues to get in trouble because of Melina. I don't think he will ever reach his full potential until he realizes that his career is more important than Melina. The buzz is that Morrison's contract runs out soon, if he loves Melina so much and isn't getting pushed because of his continuing incidents then I can easily see him leave.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Morrison's main event calibur? Minimal at best... A lot of flash but when you look at his abilities compared to CM Punk, John Cena & Miz on the Microphone is very lacklustre, and his in ring ability versus say Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger, Alberto Del Rio are even worse. What does he have going for him? The ability to get pops, however they are so cheap in the long run of things, corny jokes and flashy moves aren't going to produce a main eventer, far from it, quite the opposite... Are his matches, entertaining? Yes but they lack so much stuff, they aren't good when you actually look at them, he doesn't have anything on the Upper Mid-Card and Main Event of WWE. So no, he's not ME Standard.

He is indeed the new shawn michaels but actually lacks charisma which saved Shawn Michael's ass so many times in terms of his talent, not to mention his low drawing powers.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This recent incident shows that he is completely whipped by Melina. It could cost him his job and he needs to get his head straight and realise that it is highly inappropriate what he is doing. Someone needs to take him aside and tell him that he needs to grow up a bit and act professional. He could be a huge star for WWE and I am sure if he matures outside the ring he will be rewarded with a big push inside the ring. Hopefully someone does point him in the right direction.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
To add to this, do you think Morrison needs a heel turn or a character change?

I am not a fan of his current character, it is at least two decades beind the times, and if he is going to play it then it makes more sense him being a heel than face.