Smarkverse

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Sent in my rankings. @King Switch you wanted some thoughts on your Week 1.

What I loved the most about this show is that you already got so many stories playing out in the first episode already. Unique main event too ending with the intergender contest with Moose and Blanchard. I really liked you giving the women so much time throughout the night to shine, and also giving Shida/Conti the co-main event with Tay going over, which definitely popped me. You definitely nailed the overall 'feel' of an ROH show in my opinion, but with your own little twist on it which I appreciated.

You also gave us some really awesome match-ups already out of the gate like Miro/Lashley and re-visited their past histories which I really liked. Everything just makes sense and flows super well. Loved getting Santana/Ortiz vs Redragon too.

The segments ruled. I think the Seth/Punk segment was my favourite part of the show, felt like it was written for me. :lol Very glad you stuck to calling him The Visonary, as I love him being called that. I always wanted to see them have a proper feud, and they were teasing it a bit ago when Punk was on WWE Backstage but nothing ever came of it. Seeing them feud in a ROH envrionment would be pretty magical. The storyline set-up was literally perfect, especially with The Shield call backs too, and Seth being the architect and not Punk. So damn good. I also adored everything about the Bullet Club segment as well, and I'm really glad you got Jay White because this storyline is totes better with him, and he makes far more sense here.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Sent in my rankings. @King Switch you wanted some thoughts on your Week 1.

What I loved the most about this show is that you already got so many stories playing out in the first episode already. Unique main event too ending with the intergender contest with Moose and Blanchard. I really liked you giving the women so much time throughout the night to shine, and also giving Shida/Conti the co-main event with Tay going over, which definitely popped me. You definitely nailed the overall 'feel' of an ROH show in my opinion, but with your own little twist on it which I appreciated.

You also gave us some really awesome match-ups already out of the gate like Miro/Lashley and re-visited their past histories which I really liked. Everything just makes sense and flows super well. Loved getting Santana/Ortiz vs Redragon too.

The segments ruled. I think the Seth/Punk segment was my favourite part of the show, felt like it was written for me. :lol Very glad you stuck to calling him The Visonary, as I love him being called that. I always wanted to see them have a proper feud, and they were teasing it a bit ago when Punk was on WWE Backstage but nothing ever came of it. Seeing them feud in a ROH envrionment would be pretty magical. The storyline set-up was literally perfect, especially with The Shield call backs too, and Seth being the architect and not Punk. So damn good. I also adored everything about the Bullet Club segment as well, and I'm really glad you got Jay White because this storyline is totes better with him, and he makes far more sense here.
:proud

I appreciate you, good buddy.

You know this is gonna be Bullet Club’s house. Big plans for them, Elite, LAX and all my units. I’m very much adapting the AEW and NJPW model.

Glad you like the Punk and Rollins tease. That’s the first thing I thought of when I began drafting is I need a big ROH hook with the past of the company, but left and became bigger stars and you know the Visionary gotta stay and reclaim his spot. He was spotting all that nonsense about the minor leagues and Punk ain’t gonna about that. No sir.

Tay’s my bae, you know how it is. :vincepoint

Reactions: Marty McFourth

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
0ECO5QY.jpg

Chris Van Vliet would appear in video on YouTube where he would reveal that he was he recently taken on the position of National Wrestling Alliance Commissioner. Chris would confirm that the NWA would no longer be running episodic shows and instead was scaling back to run four shows a year, and would have no permanent roster with its recognised champions spread far and wide - with the first show planned sometime in March to be "The Great American Bash". Chris would make it clear that any of the five current champions had been given permission to defend their titles as and when they wished on the promotions they were working with.

Val Vliet would also reveal the intention of bringing the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship at the first show of 2022, and depending on interest some qualifiers may feature on other promotion's programming.

The current list of champion are shown below:

YyNTh55.jpg

iMDFS21.jpg

nBmx0WZ.jpg

noXxAkS.jpg

B69wFZo.jpg

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
By the way did the NWA no longer want the women’s tags because it was originally my intention to have NWA and ring of honor share them?

If not, no worries. I’ll rename them the Women of Honor Tag Team Championships.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
By the way did the NWA no longer want the women’s tags because it was originally my intention to have NWA and ring of honor share them?

If not, no worries. I’ll rename them the Women of Honor Tag Team Championships.

Vliet is happy for them to just become ROH's :p

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Juice let me know I got two champions from NWA. Aldis & Kamille. :proud Aldis will be in my Ultimate X but going to make sure Kamille gets booked at Destination X too. Good opportuntiy to have the NWA title get defended on a big stage.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Juice let me know I got two champions from NWA. Aldis & Kamille. :proud Aldis will be in my Ultimate X but going to make sure Kamille gets booked at Destination X too. Good opportuntiy to have the NWA title get defended on a big stage.

Sent you a pm about Aldis.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
@King Switch

So, i was a big fan of the bc vs elite story that spilled into other matches later. That was a good touch and something i like that u do in ama as well. The build up to jay vs adam is exquisite and im here for it.

I enjoyed raquel losing, proper call.

Gresham.kross is hype n im nkt big on kross. Really like this angle though

I agree w 4th that its constructed like an roh show w a lot of attention to the midcard of each division as well. Lots if stories but simple to follow for anyone to pick up.

Quite hype to see whats next! Well done

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Our boy Rocky Romero tv champ i believe too

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I appreciate you guys saying it still feels like ROH. I’m trying preserve their brand while booking how I would.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
maxresdefault.jpg

MqR3ZBW.jpg

After winning the Six-Man Tag Team Championships at Final Battle - The Righteous are ready to defend their championships for the first time against the House of torture who just came off a huge victory in a 10-man tag team match at ROH: Elite. Can the House of Torture bring home the gold and start off the Bullet Club’s stronghold of Ring of Honor early in the night?

tyvLApy.jpg

Long time veteran of the game Yoshihiro Tajiri makes his long awaited debut for Ring of Honor when he takes on a long time ROH veteran in Flip Gordon. Can the mercenary keep the Japanese Buzzsaw from making a name off of him in his first match at Honor Reigns Supreme?

AyLkr7S.jpg

After defeating Tracy Williams in a hard fought contest and honoring the Code of Honor, Chris Bey has earned the respect of Josh Woods and has received this opportunity to become the Pure Champion in his first match on a ROH pay-per-view and Honor Club event. Can the ultimate Finesser outshine and out finesse the currently ranked best pure professional wrestler Josh Woods? And can he bring home a major championship title to the clubhouse?

WTZcWt3.jpg

The Toxic Attraction decided they were going to make a grand splash upon their debut in Ring of Honor and make it known they would not take a backseat no matter how long anyone else had already been with the company. They were the unsung heroes of NXT 2.0 before they closed up shop and got bought out by Shane McMahon. Can these former women’s tag team champions stop the immovable force that is the Hex? The Hex have been on fire since becoming the first women’s tag team champions in the NWA and Ring of Honor decided to rebrand them the WOH Tag Team Champions in light of the NWA’s restructuring. Are the Hex finally done cementing their path of destruction or will they send Toxic Attraction back to the end of the line?

xoNCo3g.jpg

What are the lengths a man will go to in order to protect the honor of his family? This is the question we will find out at Honor reigns supreme when Josh Alexander finally gets Moose in the ring for the TNA world heavyweight championship. After months of Moose ducking Josh Alexander after using his Call Your Shot to take the world championship from Josh Alexander at Bound For Glory in front of his wife and kids Moose finally has to step into the ring with Josh Alexander. Because of the actions of Moose terrorizing Josh Alexander‘s family in the ring with a spear to his wife and in Alexander’s home as he terrorized his wife and child, this match will be contested under Fight Without Honor rules. Well Alexander be able to keep his emotions in check long enough to get back his world championship?

341zpZD.jpg

Killer Kross has come in to Ring of Honor like a man on a mission to get to the very top as fast as he possibly can just as he did before in NXT. He will stop at nothing to achieve this endgame regardless of who gets in his way as he faces steep opposition from The Foundation of ROH and he must prove himself by going through the stalwart Rhett Titus. Can Kross get through Rhett Titus and take away the television championship from Rhett Titus, who just achieved this success at final battle in the end of an era, on his way to getting what he truly wants?

Rku241k.jpg

This is a match six years in the making. The resentment has boiled up within Tama Tonga until he could contain it no longer within him so his brother and fellow founding family member Bad Luck Fale decided to take the elite outback and unleash the firing squad on them driving them out of New Japan for good. But, it didn’t end there. They didn’t like the continued success the elite had overseas creating all elite wrestling and spilling over into impact wrestling. Because the Good Brothers continued to tell the Guerrillas of Destiny that they owed them specifically a thank you for their continued success in the bullet club. So they continue to send the Bullet Club into Impact Wrestling to try to take the Good Brothers most valued possession the Impact World Tag Team Championship and every time they were unsuccessful. So now the Guerrillas of Destiny have flown into the United States to do it themselves. Can the G.O.D. achieve their end goal of taking everything away from the elite and the Good Brothers? Can the Bullet Club topple the Elite’s empire in the United States?

2T8Mv6B.jpg

The Women of Honor will finally find out the true meaning of survival of the fittest when six of the very women will compete in the very first ever Survival of the Fittest match at Honor Reigns Supreme to see who will get the next shot at the ROH Women of Honor Championship. Who has the intestinal fortitude to outlast five of her peers?

ViJRDGR.jpg

The Briscoe brothers became record breaking and record-setting 12-time world tag team champions at Final Battle. Now will these brothers finally be able to shut up the critics and cement themselves as the greatest tag team in not only ring of honor history but of all time when they take on the legendary Lucha Brothers? The unbeaten AEW World Tag Team Champions are making their in-ring debuts for ROH at Honor Reigns Supreme. Will they be able to find that same success in Ring of Honor and become ROH World Tag Team Champions once again and show AEW what they’re missing out on?

9Q6CYwi.jpg

What’s in a leader? At Honor Reigns Supreme Adam Cole and Jay White will square off determine that very question. As the leaders of the Bullet Club and the Elite, respectively, who will be triumphant and get the first win in what is looking to be a long war between these two storied units and prove themselves to be the superior leader? What could fundamentally prove to be a deciding factor is the added wrinkle in the addition of former Bullet Club leader and cofounder of the Elite himself Cody Rhodes as the special guest referee. The question remains, can Cody call the action right down the middle and be impartial? And will there be split loyalties at play here when he has to maintain law and order in this franchise warfare?

4LUkcsy.jpg

Mandy Rose went to NXT to reinvent herself and her career and she did just that with the Toxic Attraction by her side. She managed to defeat Raquel Gonzalez at the final NXT event Halloween Havoc to become the last NXT women’s champion. Now she’s come to ring of honor as the undefeated champion and has made it her goal to unseat ROK-C to become the undisputed women’s champion. Can she get past the woman who has been setting ROH ablaze since the Women of Honor returned last year?

xxfQONE.jpg

At Final Battle Jonathan Gresham finally achieved his goal in Ring of Honor to become the world champion by defeating a former ally in the foundation Jay Lethal. The last we saw of these two men before they met at final battle there was a little bit of dissension because the loyalty of Jay Lethal was in question. The Righteous had video footage of Jay Lethal saying he didn’t even like the foundation but Jay has denied that this video ever existed and that it must be doctored. Can these two men eventually put this behind them and put back together The Foundation before it’s too late? And can they have a friendly match for the world title and adhere to the code of honor? And will the disgusting attack by Killer Kross linger in their heads and play a factor in this rematch?

Last edited: