Smackdown! Taping Results 6/26/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
WWE SmackDown spoilers from last night’s tapings in Evansville, Indiana. The show will air on Friday night on SyFy (US) and on Sky Sports (UK).

Dark Match;

Brodus Clay defeated Drew McIntyre

SmackDown results;

WWE Divas Champion Layla defeated AJ Lee to retain her title. During the match, Daniel Bryan came out chanting “YES, YES, YES!†and it distracted AJ, which allowed Layla to get the win.

Bryan then called out SmackDown General Manager for the night Vickie Guerrero and demanded AJ was banned from ringside for his WWE Title match against CM Punk at Money in the Bank. Vickie agreed that she wouldn’t be at ringside but instead she will be the special guest referee.

Vickie announces that the SmackDown Money in the Bank match at the pay-per-view will have qualifying matches. They will begin tonight and next week. First one is up next…

1) Damien Sandow defeated Zack Ryder to qualify for the Money in the Bank. Huge shocker. I mean we all like Sandow but Ryder is perfect for a multi-man ladder match and is so over with the crowd they will likely chant his name all over the match with him not in it now. Big mistake WWE and a careless one.

2) Tyson Kidd defeated Jack Swagger to qualify for the Money in the Bank. I love that Kidd is in the match but poor Swagger. He’s getting crapped on right now. In what will probably be a dark segment, Swagger got on the mic and cut a heel promo on the crowd but was laid out by Jerry Lawler which got a huge pop from the crowd.

3) WWE US Champion Santino Marella & WWE IC Champion Christian defeated Cody Rhodes and David Otunga to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match. No Cody Rhodes in the ladder match? Again, huge mistake. In another dark segment, Otunga got on the mic and posed for the crowd after the match (despite losing!) and that brought Triple H down to give him a pedigree. Booker T also came in to hit Otunga and did a Spin-a-rooni for the crowd.

AJ Lee and Bryan had a backstage segment.

4) Ryback defeated two local indie jobbers in a squash match.

Teddy Long is announced as next week’s General Manager of Raw and SmackDown. He immediately books Layla & The Great Khali vs Aksana and Antonio Cesaro on next Tuesday’s live SmackDown.

5) Tensai defeated Justin Gabriel to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match. Who the hell is booking this pay-per-view?

6) WWE World Champion Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio to retain the World Heavyweight Title. Sheamus got the win after hitting the Brogue Kick on Ziggler.

For everything they do right, they do something wrong. Tyson Kidd and Damien Sandow in the MITB is great! Christian should be defending his belt, and why isn't he in the former world champions match? Santino being in ruins everything, and again no title defense? What are they supposed to do for matches at this show? No Ziggler or Rhodes in the MITB is awful, they are 2 that could actually use it! Why was this title match on Smackdown and not the PPV?

Lol @ Teddy Long immediately booking a tag match as soon as he has GM power! Also, why does Triple H apparently come out and randomly pedigree someone every week now?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Triple H's pedigrees are dark. It just gives the people entertainment

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wow, that is about the smarkiest live report I've ever read. The guy actually says "big mistake WWE and a careless one" because Zack Ryder doesn't get into the MitB match? Sandow is the guy they're pushing right now, so it makes perfect sense for him to be in the match. I'm so sick of these jaded little fucktards pretending to be reporters when they're nothing more than basement dwellers with a laptop and an internet connection. Alright, rant over.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
For everything they do right, they do something wrong. Tyson Kidd and Damien Sandow in the MITB is great! Christian should be defending his belt, and why isn't he in the former world champions match? Santino being in ruins everything, and again no title defense? What are they supposed to do for matches at this show? No Ziggler or Rhodes in the MITB is awful, they are 2 that could actually use it! Why was this title match on Smackdown and not the PPV?

Christian is a former WHC champ, not former WWE Champion. That was the entry requirement for the Raw match. Besides, looking at the talent entered in this match, it could do with an experienced hand like Christian to steady things.

Santino did alright in the EC match so I can't complain too much. Ziggler doesn't need to be in the match as he's in the World title picture atm, but Cody I agree with. He's been thrown under the bus big time these past few months.

Just like last year though, the MITB match with the fresh entrants is far more interesting to me than the one with the guys who have done it all before.

The Viper

Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if Barrett ends up being the 6th man in the SD! MITB match. I mean, the last man has to be a "surprise" of some sorts right? Since they didn't reveal the 6th man like they did everyone else on this show.

I'd jizz pretty hard if its Wade.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well he must be close to returning so I'd venture a guess that it's him

Castiel

Reaction score
Christian is a former WHC champ, not former WWE Champion. That was the entry requirement for the Raw match. Besides, looking at the talent entered in this match, it could do with an experienced hand like Christian to steady things.

Santino did alright in the EC match so I can't complain too much. Ziggler doesn't need to be in the match as he's in the World title picture atm, but Cody I agree with. He's been thrown under the bus big time these past few months.

Just like last year though, the MITB match with the fresh entrants is far more interesting to me than the one with the guys who have done it all before.

But Kane's run was with the World Heavyweight... unless they're counting that short run. :/
Santino in the EC was a total joke. Dolph may be in the world title picture but he's not going to actually get the title without the MITB. Hopefully they redo the triple threat on the PPV or something and Dolph enters the MITB afterwards to win it!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Kane is a former wwe champion. His reign is in the record book. It doesn't matter how long it is. He's still technically a former wwe champ

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
There's still another week of qualifying matches for the Smackdown MITB, so I'm going to reserve judgement until the match is actually set. Though I will say I have no issue at all with Santino being in it because A) I don't overlook the fact that the guy can actually wrestle and be entertaining as a wrestler despite his over-the-top goofy joke gimmick, and B) it's easier to swallow a Santino loss in a match like this. If Cody Rhodes was in, a lot of people would want him to win, and when he doesn't, the "Cody should've won" threads would be plentiful.

Eddie North

Reaction score
what difference is there in seeing Cody Rhodes should of won threads and Cody Rhodes should be in the match threads? Just an observation because people will still be annoyed and post about him not being in the match when he should be anyway.