SmackDown Live Smackdown Spoilers: 3/28/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
SMACKDOWN SPOILERS:

* SmackDown kicks off with Batista coming to the ring for a promo. Batista says the fans begged him to come back and did nothing but boo him when he does. Batista starts knocking Daniel Bryan. We get a RAW replay. Batista goes on about Bryan until Triple H comes out, to a babyface reaction. Triple H tells Batista to leave his wife out of this. Batista says he wouldn't have anything if he didn't marry Stephanie McMahon. Triple H wants to know why it's personal with Batista. Batista brings up how Triple H has lost every match they've been against each other in. Triple H says he made Batista into The Animal but he got soft and quit, and we haven't seen the Animal yet since he's been back. Triple H books Batista vs. Sheamus for tonight.

* The Shield is out next. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose defeated Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre in a match that actually saw 3MB get a lot of offense in. Kane came out after the match with The New Age Outlaws. Ryback and Curtis Axel are also out as Kane has booked a match.

* Rollins and Ambrose defeated Ryback and Axel when Rollins countered a Perfectplex into his finisher. After the match, Roman Reigns pulls Ryback into the ring for a big Superman punch and a triple powerbomb.

* Sin Cara defeated Damien Sandow with a roll up.

* Big Show is interviewed by Renee Young and he talks about how twisted The Wyatt Family is. He says some of the stuff they say weirdly makes sense.

* Fandango vs. Goldust is up next. Cody Rhodes did not come out. Fandango gets the win after Summer Rae distracted Goldust.

* Batista and Sheamus are out next. Batista plays the coward heel and walks away from the ring. Back and forth match that saw a small CM Punk chant. Batista uses a steel chair and gets disqualified. Batista rolls Sheamus back into the ring and nails a Batista Bomb. He takes the mic and asks Triple H if he's happy now. Batista says he will be champion and for us to deal with it. Sheamus apparently had a bruise on his face and a busted elbow from a shot into the ring post.

* Bray Wyatt cuts another good promo about everyone wearing a mask. Bray says he's going to slay a giant tonight and then taunts John Cena.

* Vickie Guerrero is out for commentary on the next match. The Bella Twins defeated AJ Lee and Tamina Snuka after Tamina shoved AJ off the apron and brought her into the ring on a tag. After the match, AJ stared at Tamina with a sad look on her face.

* We get a clip of Santino Marella and Emma on a date at a restaurant. Santino says they're friends with benefits but Emma is oblivious to what he says. He tries to talk but she wants to have a staring contest. Emma says they will always be best friends and Santino starts choking. Emma gives him some wine but he spits it all over her. Santino leans to the side and starts puking.

* Promo video for Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker.

* Jack Swagger defeated Jimmy Uso by submission after a quick back and forth match.

* Mark Henry defeated The Miz. This was a physical match in and out of the ring. Henry gets the win with a World's Strongest Slam.

* Alexander Rusev and Lana come out to the stage for a promo.

* Bray Wyatt defeated Big Show with Sister Abigail in a short match that saw interference from Erick Rowan and Luke Harper. The Wyatt Family poses over Show to end SmackDown.

Not a bad show at all. Opening promo looks decent, might watch.​

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Bray Wyatt is facing John Cena at Mania and they've still got to protect the non drawing loser in the "creative has nothing for you battle royal" from getting beaten clean just because he's tall. These idiots.

Last edited:

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I'll DVR it and skip to the stuff i wanna see.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bray Wyatt is facing John Cena at Mania and they've still got to protect the non drawing loser in the "creative has nothing for you battle royal" from getting beaten clean just because he's tall. These idiots.
You talking about the greatest giant in pro wrestling history? Yeah who wants to protect the giant who drew for decades....those idiots.

Also weird how Big Show put them over on his interview and still making me think WWE is hoping for a double turn at Mania.

Batista/Sheamus is the thing I'll be waiting for.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Opening promo and Batista/Sheamus seems like the only thing watching really

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
You talking about the greatest giant in pro wrestling history? Yeah who wants to protect the giant who drew for decades....those idiots.

Also weird how Big Show put them over on his interview and still making me think WWE is hoping for a double turn at Mania.

Batista/Sheamus is the thing I'll be waiting for.

Big Show's never been a draw, lol, he's a career upper midcarder. He certainly isn't now.

Wyatt is facing Cena at Mania and Big Show has done absolutely nothing since he got pummeled to death by Lesnar, and before then, he was bombing so badly in the main event that they had to unify the titles the next month as a hook to get you to buy the next show. If they can do stupid things like giving Great Khali and Vladimir Kozlov a clean win over The Undertaker, they can damn sure afford to have Bray Wyatt beat Big Show clean in preparation for facing one of the 5 biggest stars in WWE history at a historic WrestleMania.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Big Show's never been a draw, lol, he's a career upper midcarder. He certainly isn't now.

Wyatt is facing Cena at Mania and Big Show has done absolutely nothing since he got pummeled to death by Lesnar, and before then, he was bombing so badly in the main event that they had to unify the titles the next month as a hook to get you to buy the next show. If they can do stupid things like giving Great Khali and Vladimir Kozlov a clean win over The Undertaker, they can damn sure afford to have Bray Wyatt beat Big Show clean in preparation for facing one of the 5 biggest stars in WWE history at a historic WrestleMania.
Big Show is a guy being relied on to sell that Andre Battle Royale shouldn't be losing to anybody, so he can make a guy look like a million bucks by getting eliminated by them at Mania.....Bray doesn't need clean wins, he needs heat. He's established already, his promos means he doesn't need meaningless wins over a guy anchoring another match......Duurrrrr.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Big Show is a guy being relied on to sell that Andre Battle Royale shouldn't be losing to anybody, so he can make a guy look like a million bucks by getting eliminated by them at Mania.....Bray doesn't need clean wins, he needs heat. He's established already, his promos means he doesn't need meaningless wins over a guy anchoring another match......Duurrrrr.

If you're gonna put a guy facing a top star against a guy who's in an, and I'll use this word in bold because it needs to be, irrelevant undercard match, the guy in the high level match should be winning clean, even if the size difference is 5'3 vs 7'7 and the difference in the establishment of their careers is massive. A match against a top star at a major show means that the person who gets it should be booked as a challenge to the star.

The rub of beating Big Show in a battle royal doesn't mean anything because Big Show has been buried into midcard oblivion since Survivor Series, and it's not for anything, it's for a trophy and a spot on the card, that's it. It's not an important match to win. We've also seen Big Show get tossed out of battle royals so many times before that the effect is gone. Who's really gonna win anyway, out of that list we have now? Rusev, if he makes it in, or Sheamus. That's it. Those are the only realistic names, and out of them, Rusev is gonna end up like Vladimir Kozlov and Sheamus is made already.

Also, heat in 2014 is virtually impossible because people like who they like, everything's out in the open. The only people who really get heat are Batista, Hunter and Stephanie and that's only because Batista stole Bryan's spot and Triple H and Stephanie are the real life bosses and everybody knows they influence everything. All the heels are either irrelevant, or they're getting cheered like the Wyatt's, Cesaro and the Shield when they were heels.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If you're gonna put a guy facing a top star against a guy who's in an, and I'll use this word in bold because it needs to be, irrelevant undercard match, the guy in the high level match should be winning clean, even if the size difference is 5'3 vs 7'7 and the difference in the establishment of their careers is massive. A match against a top star at a major show means that the person who gets it should be booked as a challenge to the star.

The rub of beating Big Show in a battle royal doesn't mean anything because Big Show has been buried into midcard oblivion since Survivor Series, and it's not for anything, it's for a trophy and a spot on the card, that's it. It's not an important match to win. We've also seen Big Show get tossed out of battle royals so many times before that the effect is gone. Who's really gonna win anyway, out of that list we have now? Rusev, if he makes it in, or Sheamus. That's it. Those are the only realistic names, and out of them, Rusev is gonna end up like Vladimir Kozlov and Sheamus is made already.

Also, heat in 2014 is virtually impossible because people like who they like, everything's out in the open. The only people who really get heat are Batista, Hunter and Stephanie and that's only because Batista stole Bryan's spot and Triple H and Stephanie are the real life bosses and everybody knows they influence everything. All the heels are either irrelevant, or they're getting cheered like the Wyatt's, Cesaro and the Shield when they were heels.
tl:dr

All I got was heels/faces is over. And I say "yes".

When did Kozlov beat Taker? Khali beat Taker cuz he was fast tracked to being a champion. Wyatt don't need wins because he's over as fuck and see how I made those points without going five paragraphs?

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
tl:dr

All I got was heels/faces is over. And I say "yes".

When did Kozlov beat Taker? Khali beat Taker cuz he was fast tracked to being a champion. Wyatt don't need wins because he's over as fuck and see how I made those points without going five paragraphs?

tl:dr = I can't argue with that so you win. I'm bored of this discussion anyway, so I'll take it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
tl;dr = posting paragraphs doesn't make you right , I can make the same arguments in less than a paragraph.

I'm bored means you have no counterpoints

Cwhutidadthar?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Keep it on topic now ladies.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What's the point here? Acting like wins and losses mean shit to a character that is over on promo work? Weak point is what I said and he brings up shit without context to make even weaker points.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not a bad show at all. Batista/Sheamus was fun, but I wish it lasted longer. Also, The Shield getting two matches in a row was :mark: The rest of the show other than the main event was pretty meh, but not too bad.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler