Slipknot Antennas To Hell Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
^ Still going on about Nirvana?

Jeez, they were relevant when I was born, but not now... Seriously give them a rest, their music gets stale on the first listen.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
All Hope Is GONE. It's a good album (their second best IMHO), but prepare for a LOT more melodic vocals and overall sound. There's even a couple of songs with all-clean vocals.

Of course not. But Nirvana were.
Ah yes. All Hope is GONE. lol... shows how much I've been following them.

Eh.... don't get me started on Nirvana though. There probably isn't another band in the world I have such conflicted opinions about. On one hand I definitely give them credit for starting the whole "alternative music" revolution, but I also find the majority of their songs complete trash. My friend in high school was like the biggest Nirvana fan ever and he was always listening to Bleach and In Utero and it drove me fucking crazy. And a lot of Nirvana fans just aggravate the fucking shit out of me, especially when they hate on every hit song Nirvana ever had because apparently the more popular the songs were, the more those songs made Kurt kill himself apparently. And I really hate the way that fucking junkie is revered as a martyr to 90's rock culture, which is complete bullshit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
LOL Music before lyrics, funny coming from a band that has the easiest guitar riffs and the plainest of bass tabs.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Again, no opinion.

Just a direct attack.

What makes them bad? The riffs are terrible, the singer is a bad Cobain impression, their songs are rock sound about as forced and cheesy as the ballads and songs about changing the world.

Plus their songs sound the same Durrr.

I really like Slipknot but the Cobain thing is bang on the money.

Didn't even notice till this thread.

Pete

Reaction score
LOL Music before lyrics, funny coming from a band that has the easiest guitar riffs and the plainest of bass tabs.

Sliver. That is all.

Re: my stance on Nirvana, my favourite album of theirs overall is probably Bleach, but no way I hate on the hits. The only album I truly dislike is In Utero, because half of it is filler. And everyone knows, COURTNEY LOVE KILLED KURT COBAIN! :aries2: *Engage conspiracy theory mode*

But seriously, most fans of ANYTHING are like that. Especially if they're hipsters (which most Nirvana fans are).

And on the topic of emotion, go listen to their cover of Where Did You Sleep Last Night, off MTV Unplugged in New York, and tell me that's not genuine passion. I get chills every time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler