Slipknot Antennas To Hell Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
"Oh, hey guys! You know how we have this one hugely successful single? Yeah, from now on, let's just use that song, change the lyrics, and release it as a new single for each album we put out. We'll make MILLIONS!!!!"

And thus begat Rock Star, If Today Was Your Last Day, and Photograph.

And deezy, comparing that guy to Cobain is borderline blasphemous.

I didn't compare them, I said the guy is doing a bad impression.

Also, I used to like Cobain, until I watched About A Son, and realized what a bitch he was. Good tunes though.

Andy

Reaction score
Nirvana's great.

Slipknot and Nickelback are okay. However, Iowa and Vol 3 were pretty lackluster, so I'm expecting this to be a somewhat decent release based solely on AHIG.

Pete

Reaction score
Have listened to it. It's amazing how 13 years later, S/T is STILL far and wide their best release. And by a mile!

However, from a distance, Iowa doesn't sound like as much of a disappointment, and AIHG doesn't sound quite as good. Vol. 3 is still all over the place, but I've actually changed my opinion on Vermillion (Part 1, Part 2 is still god-awful). Overall, the only songs I'd remove from the first disc are Snuff (Slipknot goes Nickelback Part 2) and Purity (which is a pointless live insert anyway). And maybe I'd put in Only One or Tattered And Torn, or even Circle. But I'm a fan. For casual listeners, this is borderline perfect.

The second CD is a live show, and...I don't know...it's just too much Slipknot at once. It gets tiredsome. I saw them live and can attest to it being an excellent experience, but here it doesn't come through, for some reason. Still, they play Get This, so automatic epic win.

Overall, this is at about a 3.5/4 out of 5 for me, after the first listen.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
The album was alright, wasn't sold by the songs chosen etc etc.

But Nirvana and Nickelback both do pretty much suck aside from like a song each... I'd rather listen to Slipknot then them.

Pete

Reaction score
No way did you just type "Nirvana" and "Nickelback" in the same sentence. I shall now bash you over the head repeatedly with a copy of "Nevermind".

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Gave away my Nevermind CD once I hit 16.

They both suck, same chord progressions, both incredibly overrated and only have one song I care about.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Gave away my Nevermind CD once I hit 16.

They both suck, same chord progressions, both incredibly overrated and only have one song I care about.

You can add that to the list of things you are wrong about lol.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
How can I?

I actually play guitar... So I know what the hell I'm talking about. You get all these little scene/indy kids running around going "WOO! THESE GUYS ARE AWESOME!" the songs are boring, bland, poorly written, structure is bad, technicality is lacking.

I like music like I like my wrestling, actually well worked and intelligently written/booked.

Pete

Reaction score
I'm not an indy kid, let alone a scene kid (perish the thought). They've been my favourite band since I was 9. "Nevermind" was the first "serious" CD I ever owned, and is the reason why I'm not a mindless radio sheep today. And it's not about the music, it's about the lyrics, message and - here's a shocker - the EMOTION put into the work. Nickelback wouldn't know genuine emotion if it stripped naked in front of them and offered them a blowjob.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Of Course emotion is a important part of my music, put Nirvana & Nickelback ideal of putting emotion into a song is a joke. A major joke, you call their music, emotional? Provocative? Hardly, compared a lot of stuff, they just fall short of the mark and typical Nirvana fan boys jumping to their defence.

Johnny Cash's American Made series is probably some of the best emotional albums I've heard. I got a few other artists whose lyrics are genius for troubles and emotions.

Nirvana & Nickelback are jokes when comes to meaningful music.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm not an indy kid, let alone a scene kid (perish the thought). They've been my favourite band since I was 9. "Nevermind" was the first "serious" CD I ever owned, and is the reason why I'm not a mindless radio sheep today. And it's not about the music, it's about the lyrics, message and - here's a shocker - the EMOTION put into the work. Nickelback wouldn't know genuine emotion if it stripped naked in front of them and offered them a blowjob.

I find it pretty funny you say this because Kurt Cobain himself always said "Music before lyrics" and I always found he was right. When it comes to Nirvana songs, music is what really matters.

Pete

Reaction score
Correction: they are not my favourite band anymore (it's AC/DC now), but they're still Top 5. Definitely my favourite band from ages 9-13, though.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
:lmao I still haven't even heard All Hope is Lost and the entire fucking album has been on my computer since 2008. I'm even going to see them at Heavy MTL next month and I'm behind two albums. Might have to catch up soon.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
And I've definitely a "music before lyrics" type of guy as well. I find people who cling to music for philosophical enlightenment to be pretty silly individuals. It's fine for a song to have a message and meaning and all that jazz... but I hate it when people try to say that's what music is supposed to do. It's not. Besides, the artists people claim to listen to for their "uplifting lyrics" are singing about shit that is just as dumb as pop music sings about. If you want some real meaning in your songs, pop in some Rage Against the Machine or System of a Down. Those are people singing about real issues, real shit that is wrong with this world. And as much as I like Slipknot, they are just not one of these types of bands.

Pete

Reaction score
:lmao I still haven't even heard All Hope is Lost and the entire fucking album has been on my computer since 2008. I'm even going to see them at Heavy MTL next month and I'm behind two albums. Might have to catch up soon.

All Hope Is GONE. It's a good album (their second best IMHO), but prepare for a LOT more melodic vocals and overall sound. There's even a couple of songs with all-clean vocals.

And I've definitely a "music before lyrics" type of guy as well. I find people who cling to music for philosophical enlightenment to be pretty silly individuals. It's fine for a song to have a message and meaning and all that jazz... but I hate it when people try to say that's what music is supposed to do. It's not. Besides, the artists people claim to listen to for their "uplifting lyrics" are singing about shit that is just as dumb as pop music sings about. If you want some real meaning in your songs, pop in some Rage Against the Machine or System of a Down. Those are people singing about real issues, real shit that is wrong with this world. And as much as I like Slipknot, they are just not one of these types of bands.

Of course not. But Nirvana were.