Site Updates 19/2/15

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
So a bunch of changes have been made recently, I will list them here.

+Added
-Removed
=Changed

+WWE Forums is now using SSL/https, your connection is secure.

+There is a new credit system.
-- The old one had to be removed due to the developer potentially putting backdoors in his code. All of his addons were removed from xenforo.com, see here and here if interested. So everyone is back to $100. I know it's annoying but at least I can now make credits more valuable and useful.
--- Along with the new credit system, there is a built-in shop. This will be much like the old store, offering extra features and username colors, and actually working properly.

-Profile covers are removed. This addon was by the developer mentioned above.

=Articles are back in thread form. Threads posted in the article section will earn lots more cash when I set that up. There's lots of new bbcodes to make these pretty too.

+Chatbox is back, but not just for legends this time. Non-legend members can gain access by posting 10 times a day. Click "Chat" in the navigation or use the sidebar.

=Bets now accept a maximum wager of $250, and only 1 wager per outcome. No more getting rich quick. See how credits are becoming more valuable now?

=Mobile style is updated and looks really nice. New navigation style:

P3qiidj.png

-Featured badges have been removed, keeping the post area as tidy/minimal as possible. I want to add this back though, just needs better styling.

=The new homepage is the featured threads page, giving you a glance of popular topics/wrestling news when you load the site. (changed my mind)

I'm working on new icons for the sections, featuring your own threads for forum cash, and shop items are on the way.

Thanks! :woo1:

Last edited:

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Making credits more "valuable" is just a way of making buying credits viable to milk money from people, just sayin'.

P1YNYNL.jpg

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
I do find it funny that you criticised the updates ZTO, and then you remove your post and dislike mine because I criticised the updates.

Fucking LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Trip in the Head

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I don't need your money. It's there as an option if members want it. All the money earned here goes back into the site anyway. (except ads)

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that zto, what has changed too much? More has been added rather than taken away.
If you're annoyed at credits being reset, read the links. I did it to protect the site.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
If that was the case you could have just refunded the people who wanted it, and increased the amount you get from purchasing them from the shop.

Indy

Banned
Reaction score
Alright then, some cool shit, I guess. Shame about the credits and the bets though

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Why don't you just remove the maximum wager for now, and when someone actually has a large enough amount of money, like $10k or so, apply a limit of like $2.5k per bet (not event)?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'd personally set the max limit at $1k-2.5k, would make it still somewhat hard to earn cash.. seeing that bets occur not too frequently I'd say $250 is definitely too low.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I will raise it a little for non legends and double it for legends.