Should we address the big CM Elephant in the room?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Only Punk knows what Punk has. For all we know, he was just saying that to shut people up. It failed horribly since people still continued to pester him. I think it was his way of dealing with walking away from something he absolutely loves.

Like, think of it this way... You meet the love of your life and plan to give him your all. You work hard for that relationship and everything built between you two but years down the road, something happens that makes you unable to face him. You don't suddenly turn off your love for him but you have to tell yourself and everyone around you that you have in order to move on from it and heal from the experience.

My point being, if he was as passionate about wrestling as he was as a kid, nothing would take that passion from him. Not entirely. It would always have a piece of his heart. If you truly love something, this fire burns always.

(See what I did there? lol)
I hate you. But that pun was good.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
What’s CM Elephant supposed to mean anyways? Sounds like a very childish cringe joke lmao

• Haha
Reactions: bullyballmm

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If Punk returns to WWE I will lose any respect I have left for him. It will show that everything he has said for the past five years has been nothing but bullshit. After Ric Flair and Roddy Piper, Punk is my third favorite wrestler of all time. Yeah, I know he is a prick. But I don't care. He is a prick from the greatest city in the world. I am sorry that people who have never been to Chicago understand why it is great.
We agree. And as badly as I want him to come back sometimes, even part time to put others over and put on a show, he can’t come back to WWE. If he showed occasionally on AEW, I would maybe get that.
Then again, I miss him so much that I would be happy to just see him in the ring again, period. So long as he can still put on a clinic in and out of the ring, I think, if I’m being honest, I wouldn’t not like it, even if it was WWE. He May still mean everything he said before and his stance, and even if hypocritical by wrestling for WWE, I can live with that so long as he’s back. I mean if you think about it, he kind of already did that when he “left with the title.” He meant all that shit back then and wasn’t happy for like 3 more years and still stuck around, so him staying really meant he was just buying into the system any ways... idk.

Just miss his big ass and cute face.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The idea of punk being on a fox show being a pundit and commenting on wwe matches is must see tv

DualShock

Jobber
Reaction score
@DualShock Please don't take me seriously or get offended here. A lot of times I just do a heel thing when I am posting. Hey, your posts have actually been great in response. And that's why I do it. It brings out the best arguments from the people who disagree with me.

You are obviously a passionate and knowledgable (sic) wrestling fan and I respect that and think you post quite well. Sometimes I am just a heel.

Edit: and feel quite free to tell me to go fuck myself or something because I know I a coming across as an ass and you won't get any moderator punishment for it, I promise. ?
Saul Goodman :thumbsup:

NovaGB

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
The way he looked in his 2 UFC fights, i think the company will have a hard time promoting him as a badass ever again, he looked pathetic.

Maybe as a cowardly heel or something, but as a promoter it must be really hard to book a guy to 'win fights' who looked so feeble and unskilled in his 2 real fights and it will be laughed at big time outside of the Wrestling community, he is a prime example of how getting freakshow fights in the UFC on name value alone is never a good idea, i heard they had to scrape the bingo halls for somebody bad enough for him to beat and he still got destroyed in the most humiliating performance in UFC history by that said guy in his second fight.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The way he looked in his 2 UFC fights, i think the company will have a hard time promoting him as a badass ever again, he looked pathetic.

Maybe as a cowardly heel or something, but as a promoter it must be really hard to book a guy to 'win fights' who looked so feeble and unskilled in his 2 real fights and it will be laughed at big time outside of the Wrestling community, he is a prime example of how getting freakshow fights in the UFC on name value alone is never a good idea, i heard they had to scrape the bingo halls for somebody bad enough for him to beat and he still got destroyed in the most humiliating performance in UFC history by that said guy in his second fight.

That relies on the supposition that people judge those in MMA and pro wrestling as being equals. Time has shown this is not the case. We do not look at Punk as someone who was unable to beat two guys in MMA. Punk fans look at him as someone in pro wrestling who was great at the performance art that pro wrestling is.

Brock Lesnar was mediocre in MMA. Yeah, he held the title... but lost a third of his matches in the first round.

If we lived in a world where people thought there was a true cross over perspective between MMA and pro wrestling, you might have a point. But Punk can put on an amazing match as a pro wrestler and his losses in MMA are pointless and insignificant.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
@NovaGB Disagree with me all you want. It doesn't make you less wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.