Should we address the big CM Elephant in the room?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaGB

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
That relies on the supposition that people judge those in MMA and pro wrestling as being equals. Time has shown this is not the case. We do not look at Punk as someone who was unable to beat two guys in MMA. Punk fans look at him as someone in pro wrestling who was great at the performance art that pro wrestling is.

Brock Lesnar was mediocre in MMA. Yeah, he held the title... but lost a third of his matches in the first round.

If we lived in a world where people thought there was a true cross over perspective between MMA and pro wrestling, you might have a point. But Punk can put on an amazing match as a pro wrestler and his losses in MMA are pointless and insignificant.

The point is Wrestlers are promoted and play the part of big tough skilled fighters, and for years the MMA community has laughed at this whilst getting less attention on their real fights.

Then Brock came in and put on some really good performances (mainly because he already had a martial arts background in college wrestling)

Then Punk came in and refused to fight in bingo halls, where a guy like him may stand a chance and took a huge pay check because of his WWE name (Way more than top fighters were getting) getting obliterated like a feeble gassed drunk swinging guy whos never had a real fight in his life and kinda underlined the MMA communitys assumption of pro wrestlers.

He did damage to his career and also made us wrestling fans look stupid.

If Bruce Lee entered the UFC in his prime (if it was around) then got destroyed by a 0-1 bingo hall fighter, nobody would buy his films afterwards.
[automerge]1570474827[/automerge]
@NovaGB Disagree with me all you want. It doesn't make you less wrong.

No offence mate i just joined the forum and all i can see is you being dramatic in your posts, everybody has opinions, you are not qualified to tell me mine is wrong, you are however free to disagree.

Reality is painful at times mate, sorry that you don't like it.

Also the difference with Brock is he came in and competed with the top names in the business, Phil Brooks came in...to WWE theme music, using his WWE name and fought a guy who was 0-1 and got annihilated and the said guy never fought in the UFC again.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The point is Wrestlers are promoted and play the part of big tough skilled fighters, and for years the MMA community has laughed at this whilst getting less attention on their real fights.

The Brock came in and put on some really good performances (mainly because he already had a martial arts background in college wrestling)

Then Punk came in and refused to fight in bingo halls, where a guy like him may stand a chance and took a huge pay check getting obliterated like a feeble gassed drunk swinging guy whos never had a real fight in his life and kinda underlined the MMA communitys assumption of pro wrestlers.

If Bruce Lee entered the UFC in his prime (if it was around) then got destroyed by a 0-1 bing o hall fighter, nobody would buy his films afterwards.

LOL. No, wrestlers during Kayfabe were promoted as being skilled fighters. They are now scene as performance artists. MMA and pro wrestling are two very different things.

And no, Brock put on his best performances before kayfabe was totally dead. His recent work is crap.

Punk fought his way up from being a backyard wrestler to arguably one of the biggest draws in history. You don't like facts? Go back to being happy with delusional history.

• Haha
Reactions: NovaGB

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I will warn you now, spamming disagreements in a single thread is a violation of our rules. Read the rules. Do it again and you will be reprimanded.

• Haha

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

Then Brock came in and put on some really good performances (mainly because he already had a martial arts background in college wrestling)

Then Punk came in and refused to fight in bingo halls, where a guy like him may stand a chance and took a huge pay check because of his WWE name (Way more than top fighters were getting) getting obliterated like a feeble gassed drunk swinging guy whos never had a real fight in his life and kinda underlined the MMA communitys assumption of pro wrestlers.

If Bruce Lee entered the UFC in his prime (if it was around) then got destroyed by a 0-1 bing o hall fighter, nobody would buy his films afterwards.
[automerge]1570474827[/automerge]

No offence mate i just joined the forum and all i can see is you being dramatic in your posts, everybody has opinions, you are not qualified to tell me mine is wrong, you are however free to disagree.

Reality is painful at times mate, sorry that you don't like it.

Also the difference with Brock is he came in and competed with the top names in the business, Phil Brooks came in...to WWE theme music, using his WWE name and fought a guy who was 0-1 and got annihilated and the said guy never fought in the UFC again.

I am not dramatic about anything. You don't know anything about me so don't you dare try claim you know a damn thing about me. At least I am intelligent enough to know the difference between MMA and pro wrestling. If you're not, then go back to school.

• Haha

NovaGB

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
I am not dramatic about anything. You don't know anything about me so don't you dare try claim you know a damn thing about me. At least I am intelligent enough to know the difference between MMA and pro wrestling. If you're not, then go back to school.

Wow, mate don't start on me as well, i'll leave it here, before i show you how to really flame, because your attempts are weak.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Wow, mate don't start on me as well, i'll leave it here, before i show you how to really flame, because your attempts are weak.

LOL you are about as flammable as an iceberg.

• Haha

NovaGB

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
I will warn you now, spamming disagreements in a single thread is a violation of our rules. Read the rules. Do it again and you will be reprimanded.

So i'm warned by a admin for disagreeing with you? ok thats me done here, i can see this place really taking off hahahahaha.

I think you'll find it was you who double posted first and started disagreeing all my posts, you got issuies mate, bye.
[automerge]1570475508[/automerge]
Do me a favour mate, delete all my posts, i won't be back :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
So i'm warned by a admin for disagreeing with you? ok thats me done here, i can see this place really taking off hahahahaha.

I think you'll find it was you who double posted first and started disagreeing all my posts, you got issuies mate, bye.
Do me a favour mate, delete all my posts, i won't be back :emoji_slight_smile:

Good. Because you're obviously an idiot who doesn't deserve to post here.

• Haha

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

Do me a favour mate, delete all my posts, i won't be back :emoji_slight_smile:

And it had nothing to do with disagreeing with me. If you had had half a brain, I spend a lot of time here PRAISING people who disagree with me. Hell, often @Jeffry Fucking Mason @DualShock @Seto-san and even the queen bee @Solid Snake and I disagree. I respect disagreement and discourse. You, however, do not. You, on the other hand are being a trollish asshole.

Reactions: DualShock
Status
Not open for further replies.