Should we address the big CM Elephant in the room?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Bret Hart comes to mind with that statement.

True but Bret Hart also has an innate love for professional wrestling. Punk does not have that anymore. Bret was angry at Vince, he wasn't angry at wrestling. Punk is.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yes he was but UFC made his decision a lot easier. You are right about him being fired on the day of his wedding but 5 years have passed since then. Wrestlers have returned where worse things have happened between them and WWE. Vince McMahon is known to bring almost anybody back if that makes him money and I believe Triple H will do business the same way.

I think it's funny that after so many years you obviously still don't get it what's the purpose of an internet forum, it's just a place of different people posting their opinions. Nobody's trying here to convince anybody here what to think of a certain wrestler. I think nobody who is older than 14 would change his view on a certain person because of a few posts in a forum (except if someone posts facts with quotes and sources).
You care enough to read and reply to my post and there is nothing wrong with it, I do the same and everybody here should do the same with your and mine posts, nothing more, nothing less, that's what a forum is for.
Of course CM Punk has enough money and doesn't need WWE but maybe he wants WWE. The Rock, Cena, Lesnar, Taker and Goldberg also don't need WWE because they have enough money but they still come back.

Maybe Punk was officially not in negotiations with UFC but he was (even back then when he was still in WWE) friends with UFC stars, trained with them, was hanging around with Chael Sonnen, was upset that Brock Lesnar was allowed to have sponsors on his trunks but his request was denied (that would bring the UFC feeling). Punk was in touch with the UFC world long before he left WWE and played certainly with the idea to join UFC one day and him being unhappy in WWE made him try UFC sooner than expected.

Your entire post is irrelevant to me because as I said, you do not dictate who I respect or why i respect them. I choose why and your viewpoint on it has zero effect.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Hogan, Warrior, Sammartino, Sable, Lesnar

So since other people HAVE come back, that automatically creates some divine rule that Punk will come back too? That's a logical fallacy called anecdotal evidence.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Point is, you can dissect my posts all you want to. Doesn't change a thing about how I feel and I barely pay attention to them so it's really a waste of your time.

My opinion isn't changing. If I a wrong, fine. I am a scientist. We accept being wrong because it leads us to the truth. But as of now, I don't think I am.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
True but Bret Hart also has an innate love for professional wrestling. Punk does not have that anymore. Bret was angry at Vince, he wasn't angry at wrestling. Punk is.
Only Punk knows what Punk has. For all we know, he was just saying that to shut people up. It failed horribly since people still continued to pester him. I think it was his way of dealing with walking away from something he absolutely loves.

Like, think of it this way... You meet the love of your life and plan to give him your all. You work hard for that relationship and everything built between you two but years down the road, something happens that makes you unable to face him. You don't suddenly turn off your love for him but you have to tell yourself and everyone around you that you have in order to move on from it and heal from the experience.

My point being, if he was as passionate about wrestling as he was as a kid, nothing would take that passion from him. Not entirely. It would always have a piece of his heart. If you truly love something, this fire burns always.

(See what I did there? lol)

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Only Punk knows what Punk has. For all we know, he was just saying that to shut people up. It failed horribly since people still continued to pester him. I think it was his way of dealing with walking away from something he absolutely loves.

Like, think of it this way... You meet the love of your life and plan to give him your all. You work hard for that relationship and everything built between you two but years down the road, something happens that makes you unable to face him. You don't suddenly turn off your love for him but you have to tell yourself and everyone around you that you have in order to move on from it and heal from the experience.

My point being, if he was as passionate about wrestling as he was as a kid, nothing would take that passion from him. Not entirely. It would always have a piece of his heart. If you truly love something, this fire burns always.

(See what I did there? lol)

He has been consistent for five years though. Nearly six, consistent in interviews, consistent whenever asked that he hates professional wrestling. That's a long time.

And yeah, of course only Punk knows for sure. But the whole point of these threads is speculation so I think my speculation is quite fair.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
He has been consistent for five years though. Nearly six, consistent in interviews, consistent whenever asked that he hates professional wrestling. That's a long time.

And yeah, of course only Punk knows for sure. But the whole point of these threads is speculation so I think my speculation is quite fair.
I like to speculate the opposite of what people say. :kitler:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
And @DualShock Please don't take me seriously or get offended here. A lot of times I just do a heel thing when I am posting. Hey, your posts have actually been great in response. And that's why I do it. It brings out the best arguments from the people who disagree with me.

You are obviously a passionate and knowledgable (sic) wrestling fan and I respect that and think you post quite well. Sometimes I am just a heel.

Edit: and feel quite free to tell me to go fuck myself or something because I know I a coming across as an ass and you won't get any moderator punishment for it, I promise. ?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I think we can all agree on something, Phil Brooks is a bit of a douchebag.

giphy.gif

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think we can all agree on something, Phil Brooks is a bit of a douchebag.

giphy.gif

Absolutely, but he's from Chicago. Michael Jordan is a douchebag, although he is more secretive about it. But six world championships for Chicago gets hi a pass. That's my home.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Absolutely, but he's from Chicago. Michael Jordan is a douchebag, although he is more secretive about it. But six world championships for Chicago gets hi a pass. That's my home.
MJ hid a lot of things LOL

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Can't disagree with that. But being in Chicago each time he won a championship in a city starved for championships was pretty freaking great.
I got that experience once with LeBron. It was a great feeling.

Reactions: Jacob Fox
Status
Not open for further replies.