Should I?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
This is the kind of thing I'd usually ask a friend but I am mildly embarrassed by the entire idea so I'll ask you guys because, well, I don't actually know any of you and I can pretty much tell you guys anything and it'll never come back to bite me in the ass.

As I move closer to the ripe old age of 29 and 12 months (fuck you, I refuse to say it) I find myself wanting to just chill out and settle down, ya dig?

Anyway, my usual method of meeting women (drunkenly at bars) is not exactly conducive to enjoying long term relationship success and I'm not particularly interested in signing up for new activities solely for the purpose of meeting women so I'm thinking of just getting right down to the nitty gritty.

I'm seriously considering signing up for a dating site.

I know that there is no real social stigma attached to dating sites any more but it still feels like kind of a failure (though I think that's mostly my own hang-ups with wanting to be perfect and whatnot) on my part.

Anyway, I'm thinking of putting the ridiculous pride aside and giving it a go. I am aware of a couple of free ones and I'm almost totally adverse to paying for one of these sites so yeah.

Can anybody give me some info on these things? Which one should I try? Any success stories? I imagine they are full of huge creepers so I at least have not being one of those going for me.

So yeah, anyone? Bueller?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Yeah, dating sites are fucking filled with creepers. Pretty much all dudes. The women you find on there are like 90% ugly as shit, but ocassionaly you'll come across a pretty hot one. Last summer, I made up an account on pof.com (one of the only free sites I know) and posed as an 18 year old chick. Found some hot pics of a girl on the interwebz and you wouldn't believe how many messages I got from dudes. Like I refreshed my page after making it and within 10 minutes I had like 25 messages, rofl.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Nah, you should consider becoming a pick up artist or something like that..

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Oh, and it's hilarious how many guys don't follow directions. In that profile, it clearly states that if you can't spell or just say "hey what's up" or somehting like that, that I won't respond. And low and behold like 75% spell like trash and just leave one or two word messages. Fucking dudes...

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Those all were within the first couple weeks after I logged out. I haven't had any in a while. I'll probably get quite a few more now that I've logged in again.

...god...

Reaction score
Maybe go back to school, you'd probably have a good chance of finding redeeming girls there and it could be enlightening, dunno.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
I think dating sites can be hit and miss. Peep's statement made me laugh about it being mostly all dudes and the few girls on their are ugly. Dating sites aren't specifically for the ugly, but the reason why some claim dating sites don't work is because people look at the picture and ignore the rest. Dating sites are designed to help you find your match not the hottest chick. (if it ends up being both though bonus), and Peep's responses to his fake profile (which makes me question his sexuality) is proof of that. Its true there are a lot of people on dating sites who are just looking for hot chicks and vise versa with the girls just looking for a hot guy. But the people who use it for what it actually is designed for I think will have more sucsess.

However with all that said, I think its cool that your recognizing where you are in life, however I've always beleived that setteling down is not something you should obsess over, it will drive you crazy. So my advice would be, by all means try the dating sites, but don't limit yourself to it, and don't panic if it doesn't work as quickly as you might want it to.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Yes, I am gay.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
However with all that said, I think its cool that your recognizing where you are in life, however I've always beleived that setteling down is not something you should obsess over, it will drive you crazy. So my advice would be, by all means try the dating sites, but don't limit yourself to it, and don't panic if it doesn't work as quickly as you might want it to.

This.
Or you might end up with some random girl you idealize for the fear of being left alone.

NinoBrown

Reaction score

Very true, you don't wanna be Ted from How I Met Your Mother. After reading a recent Men Health's mag, okcupid is a pretty legit site if you're just looking for dating and eHarmony is more for long term. But if you don't wanna try dating sites, speed dating is kinda cool.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, dating sites are fucking filled with creepers. Pretty much all dudes. The women you find on there are like 90% ugly as shit, but ocassionaly you'll come across a pretty hot one. Last summer, I made up an account on pof.com (one of the only free sites I know) and posed as an 18 year old chick. Found some hot pics of a girl on the interwebz and you wouldn't believe how many messages I got from dudes. Like I refreshed my page after making it and within 10 minutes I had like 25 messages, rofl.

This is actually kind of discouraging. I'm not certain I can do a very good job of separating myself from the pack with just a few short blurbs. I make much better impressions in person.

Nah, you should consider becoming a pick up artist or something like that..

I hate those douchers. They make an entire game out of it and it's all about them getting theirs and nothing else.

Dunno, when ever I met a girl in a bar I was always about making it our mutual enjoyment and not just me getting my rocks off.

Maybe go back to school, you'd probably have a good chance of finding redeeming girls there and it could be enlightening, dunno.

There's a whole other depressing topic. I'm def going back in September this year no matter what but now I'll be the old man scamming on almost jail-bait.

Hold on, don't get me wrong, I'm not going homo over here, 19 year olds are pretty awesome I would imagine, it would still make me feel like Uncle Creepy.

I think dating sites can be hit and miss. Peep's statement made me laugh about it being mostly all dudes and the few girls on their are ugly. Dating sites aren't specifically for the ugly, but the reason why some claim dating sites don't work is because people look at the picture and ignore the rest. Dating sites are designed to help you find your match not the hottest chick. (if it ends up being both though bonus), and Peep's responses to his fake profile (which makes me question his sexuality) is proof of that. Its true there are a lot of people on dating sites who are just looking for hot chicks and vise versa with the girls just looking for a hot guy. But the people who use it for what it actually is designed for I think will have more sucsess.

Hello, you must not know me. Obsessing over things is what I do best.

Seriously though, there still needs to be a physical attraction. Personality only goes so far and vice versa obviously.

This.
Or you might end up with some random girl you idealize for the fear of being left alone.

Is this really the worst thing though? At least I know that I'll never knock her up so I'm not truly bound to her.

Very true, you don't wanna be Ted from How I Met Your Mother. After reading a recent Men Health's mag, okcupid is a pretty legit site if you're just looking for dating and eHarmony is more for long term. But if you don't wanna try dating sites, speed dating is kinda cool.

I have to pick that show up again. Haven't watched any of the new season and I kinda miss it.

Men's Health is pretty awesome. I pick up an Esquire every now and then too.

And I refuse to sign up for eHarmony based on two things. First, I have to pay and I'm not sure I'm down with that and more importantly I really want to punch that old cunt in the commercials directly in the face.

...god...

Reaction score
there's a lot of older chicks in college.. just gotta distinguish. And take higher level classes.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
there's a lot of older chicks in college.. just gotta distinguish. And take higher level classes.

That would require me to go back for psych and that sure as shit ain't happening. I'm pretty much starting over but ultimately you're right and I'm just being a huge drama queen.

just get one of those government jobs you hate, you'll make a lot of $ and meet someone that hopefully cares about family and shit. if she says anything negative about her father, beware of her.

You are so lucky you're not here in person because I seriously might go apeshit on you. I swear everybody is telling me to go work for the man.

I am not a suit. I don't want to be a goddamned suit and if I ever somehow forget myself remind me I said this so I can just go ahead and kill myself.