Should AEW Hire Tessa Blanchard?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I shit on everything equally..... Even if people out there choose to think otherwise.

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
b: Americans have some how "politicised" wrestling in the same way they've "politicised" wearing masks which is essentially just some sort of misguided tribalism - tribe "a" slag off what tribe "b" watches or does and vice versa, which means that those that aren't watching who are subject to either of these nonsensical points of view are turned off from the entertainment medium as a whole.

For as much as some people believe that they're highlighting the fall of profesional wrestling, what they're actually doing is contributing to the fall of professional wrestling which is bizzare given that for them to be talking about it, they must have an interest in it or gain some sort of entertainment value from it.

Alright! Got some sleep and I'm ready to discuss, my friend!

You are correct that politicizing wrestling has turned a lot of old school fans off. Granted this is just my opinion so I don't have numbers or anything like that, so take it with a grain of salt. The same thing is turning people away from the comic industry, movie industry, and other sports in general. Many fans were leaving when the Attitude era stopped being a thing, and even more left when the PG era began. Now, many fans have smartened up and look at the wrestlers on the outside of their promotions too. This hasn't helped neither. Especially when their favorite wrestler acts like a bitch on social media. Doesn't help when that wrestler is supposed to be a baby face either.

A lot of today's wrestlers do not protect their image neither. For example, look at Braun Strowman. Pushed to the moon ad a big bully who got over naturally with the crowd. He was the monster that professional wrestling needed. Then he starts taking vacation pictures with wrestlers he nearly killed and posts them having a good time on social media. Doesn't help when he starts complaining about people bullying him on Social Media.

Doesn't help when your top guys don't look like top guys (with a few exceptions such as Drew, Brock, Lashley etc). Lashley is another one that the company has damn near killed. The man should be killing people left and right and not in a stupid angle with Lana. That set him back, IMO.

Then you get wrestlers jumping on other wrestlers just for different opinions. Kind of how people jump on people on Social Media. Look at Owen's, Zayne, and Ali. Yeah. I could go on and on, but I've already rambled enough.

I think Punk is a bitch, but he was right about Stephanie. Hell, Cornette even says the same thing. She comes in with little experience and becomes a top booker. Then instead of hiring people with wrestling knowledge she hires college kids with zero experience and zero knowledge on the industry. Kind of like the comic industry has done.

However, WWE is a lot like McDonald's. They don't have to put much effort into what they're doing to produce a profit. Doesn't have to be good, just have to keep loyal customers coming back.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
And on an unrelated note. Most of the AEW women’s roster doesn’t like Tessa Blanchard. Some of the WWE women’s roster probably doesn’t like Tessa Blanchard. Needless to say:

ALL WOMEN HATE EACH OTHER!!!

Take it that's meant to be a joke?

Back on topic. Because the racist claims haven't been proven against Tessa than I'd probably would say AEW should hire her if possible. I think upon bringing her in someone from management could be used as a ice breaker between Tessa and the lockerroom. A positive statement from Tessa setting the past straight wouldn't go a miss either.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Alright! Got some sleep and I'm ready to discuss, my friend!

You are correct that politicizing wrestling has turned a lot of old school fans off. Granted this is just my opinion so I don't have numbers or anything like that, so take it with a grain of salt. The same thing is turning people away from the comic industry, movie industry, and other sports in general. Many fans were leaving when the Attitude era stopped being a thing, and even more left when the PG era began. Now, many fans have smartened up and look at the wrestlers on the outside of their promotions too. This hasn't helped neither. Especially when their favorite wrestler acts like a bitch on social media. Doesn't help when that wrestler is supposed to be a baby face either.

A lot of today's wrestlers do not protect their image neither. For example, look at Braun Strowman. Pushed to the moon ad a big bully who got over naturally with the crowd. He was the monster that professional wrestling needed. Then he starts taking vacation pictures with wrestlers he nearly killed and posts them having a good time on social media. Doesn't help when he starts complaining about people bullying him on Social Media.

Doesn't help when your top guys don't look like top guys (with a few exceptions such as Drew, Brock, Lashley etc). Lashley is another one that the company has damn near killed. The man should be killing people left and right and not in a stupid angle with Lana. That set him back, IMO.

Then you get wrestlers jumping on other wrestlers just for different opinions. Kind of how people jump on people on Social Media. Look at Owen's, Zayne, and Ali. Yeah. I could go on and on, but I've already rambled enough.

I think Punk is a bitch, but he was right about Stephanie. Hell, Cornette even says the same thing. She comes in with little experience and becomes a top booker. Then instead of hiring people with wrestling knowledge she hires college kids with zero experience and zero knowledge on the industry. Kind of like the comic industry has done.

However, WWE is a lot like McDonald's. They don't have to put much effort into what they're doing to produce a profit. Doesn't have to be good, just have to keep loyal customers coming back.

The trouble is its hard to put the geanie back in the bottle. To me things have gone so far now that wrestling as a industry has to find some sort of middles ground. I'm not sure if its possible anymore to do a totally serious wrestling based product where everyone keeps up the pretence of the good guys hating the bad guys. I also think some of the old school fans getting upset at wrestling being politicising is a sign that their a bit behind the times and don't want things to change for the better.

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
The trouble is its hard to put the geanie back in the bottle. To me things have gone so far now that wrestling as a industry has to find some sort of middles ground. I'm not sure if its possible anymore to do a totally serious wrestling based product where everyone keeps up the pretence of the good guys hating the bad guys. I also think some of the old school fans getting upset at wrestling being politicising is a sign that their a bit behind the times and don't want things to change for the better.

Behind the times? Not hardly. Some people don't believe everything they read on Twitter.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Social media and politics are the new kayfabe....stop getting worked you marks.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Behind the times? Not hardly. Some people don't believe everything they read on Twitter.

That's a pretty general statement. It depends what your talking about, but I'm sure there are some old school fans who take issue with trans performers in wrestling because their straight guys who grew up watching nothing but straight people. I'm sure at least some of them still have a problem with black or female performers in wrestling. I'm sure some of them stand up for the fashioned sexism which has led to women being abused. Not saying all the claims are true or that everything you read on twitter is true.

Social media and politics are the new kayfabe....stop getting worked you marks.

Comments like that don't help. It maybe true up to a point, but that doesn't excuse some of the aggression on social media or some of the racism or sexism you probably see on there. Doesn't mean people shouldn't challenge those people or call them out on their BS.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That's a pretty general statement. It depends what your talking about, but I'm sure there are some old school fans who take issue with trans performers in wrestling because their straight guys who grew up watching nothing but straight people. I'm sure at least some of them still have a problem with black or female performers in wrestling. I'm sure some of them stand up for the fashioned sexism which has led to women being abused. Not saying all the claims are true or that everything you read on twitter is true.

Comments like that don't help. It maybe true up to a point, but that doesn't excuse some of the aggression on social media or some of the racism or sexism you probably see on there. Doesn't mean people shouldn't challenge those people or call them out on their BS.
Words on a screen.

There's no magical fists flying out of your phone or computer.

People too stuck in their feelings today.

If the virtual world is that hard for certain people.....stay inside, the real world is worse.

Reactions: Swamps

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Right now, no. I don't think AEW should sign Tessa Blanchard. If I was them I would wait to hire her when the fans starts to come back so that her debut would look bigger and much more hype.

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
600-750k viewers isn’t a success. For either company. Especially when you consider being on a major network in a prime time spot.

Considering they got a $175m 3 year deal out of their first year for those numbers - I'd say it definitely is a success.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Considering they got a $175m 3 year deal out of their first year for those numbers - I'd say it definitely is a success.
So they get the amount of money for 3 years that WWE made this quarter.

Are you even factoring the amount they spent on start up, the production and crew and talent costs?

Let alone the money lost on live gates because of Covid.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
You're 100% correct. Some of us do have issues with a 300 LB, mentally ill "Man" competing against women. Especially when the females are averaging between 100 - 150 LBs.

Total white knight Here! Talks about Trannys then wants to bring up women getting abused. Lol.

Not really sure this form of language is necessary in the conversation especially regarding the fact that WS is home to known transgender posters. Let's just not get into this sort of topic please, or at least do it respectfully. Thanks in advance.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Let us get back on topic also. This is about if AEW should hire Tessa. Not to do with anything else.

I know I took part in it myself, and I am sorry for that. But as of now this thread is getting back to the subject at hand. If you got NOTHING to say about the subject, don’t reply. If you want to talk about the rest of this, we have a general AEW thread, and you’re also free to start a thread about the subject.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
AEW needs Tessa in that division. Right now it's the Britt Baker Division basically because shes the only one (besides maybe Penelope, Big Swole and Nyla Rose once in awhile) that they do anything with outside of the ring.

I think that they should give Tessa a 1 year deal to see how things go. If Big Swole and others don't want to work with her then that is for them to figure out.

I know that i'm saying this after the reports of WWE being interested in her and Khan not being interested, but I still believe that AEW needs her. They need someone like Tessa. Theirs no one else on her level available and probably wont be for a long time.

Tessa in WWE would be great too, but I want to see the best talented Women in all different places instead of the majority in WWEs all 3 brands. Lets be honest, WWE is killing AEW with the Women and Impact does okay with grabbing Women too considering they are not as big as AEW.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I would say Impact is, itself, way ahead of AEW when it comes to their women's division.