Should AEW Hire Tessa Blanchard?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
It was literally two days before she going to win the world title and the tweet came Sienna who HATES Tessa.

Also, yes. AEW would be fools not hire the one person that can actually make their women's division relevant.

Then yeah, I can't just believe it then if it came out that close.

If it came out when she wasn't really to big a star other than her name, then maybe. But that close to winning the title, and from someone who hates her. Then it seems iffy. Not saying it didn't happen, but I'm not just going to believe it.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Did all this she say come out before or after she started to get her big push? I know it was before she won the title, but wasn't it like not long before that? Could be a case of jealously, and also could be true. I'm not really taking a side here on it. I just hate to believe stuff honestly without seeing any sort of proof of it.

I think she'd stand a better chance of being a top start in AEW. With WWE, you already got a lot of top women stars, so she'd have to fight a little bit harder for that spot. But maybe that would drive her more also. Knowing she has to work harder to get that top spot, over pretty much coming in and knowing you could get it. So it depends on which she would want.

I think with cancel culture that is the issue, if she already has a reputation than that's the risk of it.

I mean AEW did hire a convicted rapist (Mike Tyson) so her supposed past isn't exactly comparable. WWE also hired Tyson but they clearly don't give a fuck about anything usually.

My policy if I was a company would be to start from scratch when they come in.

Even with Vince McMahon he took another chance on Warrior when the guy totally screwed him, he also gave Jeff Jarrett a job after he literally held him up for money on the spot. (Note Warrior also held him up on the spot for money)

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
If I remember correctly, it didn't just come out of the blue per se but from Tessa making some dumb comment on Twitter along the lines of 'All women should support each other' and that's when all the replies about her shitty past started flooding in.

Reactions: Chris

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
If I remember correctly, it didn't just come out of the blue per se but from Tessa making some dumb comment on Twitter along the lines of 'All women should support each other' and that's when all the replies about her shitty past started flooding in.

That is a really good point honestly.

At this point honestly who even knows what is true or not. I mean, besides all of them. :cudi

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Short Answer is yes, 100%

Short term they'll get heat, long term they get someone with a big last name, solid performer, good size and an ass that wont quit.

Idgaf about AEW trying to be woke, you sign Tessa, guarantee you take eyes off NXT.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I like Tessa Blanchard....a lot. I think she’s a very good talent.

That being said, I think we’re overestimating her ability as a draw. She hasn’t proven that yet. So I don’t think we should rush and say that she’ll take eyes away from NXT or she’ll be the spark that leads to a resurgence of AEW’s very poor women’s division.

Now I’m WWE, I do think she could masquerade as a draw. Because there’s so many potential big time matches. She won’t have to do it all alone like she would in AEW. Tessa/Sasha, Tessa/Asuka, Tessa/Rousey if Ronda ever comes back are some. Tessa/Charlotte is WWE’s big money match. That could main event another PPV.

So to answer the question, should AEW hire Tessa Blanchard? Yes, they should be interested. But outside of “working with her dad” I don’t see why Tessa would pick AEW over WWE. Why be a big fish in a small pond when you can be a big fish and a big pound and potentially make more money?

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
And on an unrelated note. Most of the AEW women’s roster doesn’t like Tessa Blanchard. Some of the WWE women’s roster probably doesn’t like Tessa Blanchard. Needless to say:

ALL WOMEN HATE EACH OTHER!!!

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tessa vs Riho is a dream match :MJ:

Messiah

Hana Kimura ❤️
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
No, WWE should hire Tessa Blanchard... She would become a star in WWE.. AEW doesn't know how to create stars yet.

Reactions: Cwalker

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nobody in rasslin can create stars right now.......people need to figure out what a "star" is.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Nobody in rasslin can create stars right now.......people need to figure out what a "star" is.
Depends on the comparison. There will never be Hogan, Rock, Austin levels of starts again.

But Roman is a star. Charlotte is a star. Adam Page May/May not be a star.You have to lower your expectations for this generation it I think there are some people that can be considered stars

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Roman and Charlotte are not that big of stars, they benefit from the Fox/ESPN relationships to promote them outside the bubble....but even I'll admit those two are not major names.

Nobody in AEW are stars....not even Jericho.....I'm sorry but a cameo in a Kevin Smith straight to stream movie doesn't make you a big deal.

This isn't a boom period like it was advertised......"what a time to be a wrestling fan" became ironic along time ago.

Reactions: Cwalker

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
So to answer the question, should AEW hire Tessa Blanchard? Yes, they should be interested. But outside of “working with her dad” I don’t see why Tessa would pick AEW over WWE. Why be a big fish in a small pond when you can be a big fish and a big pound and potentially make more money?

I'd hardly call AEW a small pond unless you're a troll tbh

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I'd hardly call AEW a small pond unless you're a troll tbh

You just reminded me of the TNA fan boys back in the mid 2000s.

Reactions: Deezy

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
You just reminded me of the TNA fan boys back in the mid 2000s.

You must have a poor memory

:heston

There's no dispute that WWE are the biggest in the business, they are the great white of wrestling for sure but calling AEW a small pond is just hilariously untrue for a multitude of reasons, not limited to the fact that the owner has more money than Vince, they're awarding the same level of contracts to their top stars as WWE are and they're consistently hitting 600-750k viewers every week.

Nonsensical, really.