Should AEW Hire Tessa Blanchard?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
With her recently being fired from Impact, and needing a place to go. Some are suggesting WWE, and that's likely the better place for her. But, what about AEW? The only problem is her attitude and some things she has allegedly said, and AEW being the "Woke" Company it is, it could hurt her chances of being signed there. BUT at the same time, AEW really needs help with the Women's Division, and she would be a pretty great pick up for them. So is it worth the baggage she comes with to help out the Women's Division, or do you think they should just steer clear of her all together?​

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
At this precise moment I kinda don't give a fuck where she goes. I won't be bothered if they sign her, won't miss her if they don't.

I think what would be best for her, as far as her image and reputation and future prospects go, is to continue to wrestle mainly in AAA for a while. Stay out of major American companies. Let the heat die down and try to improve people's perception of you before going to AEW, WWE, ROH or wherever you end it. She's only 24 anyways. Right now if she goes to AEW, the amount of backlash from fans would be bad for the company and her own push. WWE, not so much. They don't too much care what the public think of their ethics to begin with.

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Given that her dad is there, the legacy of her name and the fact that shes just been THE Champion of Impact, in theory those things should help elevate AEWs womens division (which, to be fair, is doing a fine job of getting it's roster over anyway).

Problem is the recent allegations of racism and bullying against her and the current political climate we're in really highlighting these issues. I'm not sure how AEW would justify signing her to themselves, let alone the members of their audience that care given that they are the "inclusive" company.

That said, other than people saying that she's done these things, is there actually any evidence of it?... it's a tough one to call, without the baggage yes, AEW should absolutely go out of their way to sign her but right now... I don't think it would do their "brand image" any favours.... but it might not effect it negatively either because other than the likes of us, how many people that watch the show would even know about these allegations?

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
AEW's fan base is pretty in the know. And all it takes to be aware of her (reported) bad behavior and racism, is a bit of time on Twitter. And you can be assured that the moment she signs, people will be doing their damnedest to out her once again.

So yeah, most of the viewers of the show will probably know, I think.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
At this precise moment I kinda don't give a fuck where she goes. I won't be bothered if they sign her, won't miss her if they don't.

I think what would be best for her, as far as her image and reputation and future prospects go, is to continue to wrestle mainly in AAA for a while. Stay out of major American companies. Let the heat die down and try to improve people's perception of you before going to AEW, WWE, ROH or wherever you end it. She's only 24 anyways. Right now if she goes to AEW, the amount of backlash from fans would be bad for the company and her own push. WWE, not so much. They don't too much care what the public think of their ethics to begin with.

You know, I can fully support something like this. Get her out of the eyes of Americans and see if it can help any.

Someone asked Big Swole about it on Twitter.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Like being a pastor makes someone infallible.

If someone's a pain in the ass, no amount of talent can stop that locker room from becoming a toxic environment.

Shawn Michaels back injury saved that company.

If I'm allowed to make a comparison

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Like being a pastor makes someone infallible.

If someone's a pain in the ass, no amount of talent can stop that locker room from becoming a toxic environment.

Shawn Michaels back injury saved that company.

If I'm allowed to make a comparison

Make one all you want, this is an open discussion to give your opinion on if they should hire her.

I take from this, you think that they should not hire her, correct?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
She's not worth the hassle.

Command high dollars, but wouldn't bring in much for it.

It's not like they're getting Ronda Rousey or something. She didn't move the needle for impact and the people who support that product would shit kittens because they expect this holier than thou horseshit.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
She's not worth the hassle.

Command high dollars, but wouldn't bring in much for it.

It's not like they're getting Ronda Rousey or something. She didn't move the needle for impact and the people who support that product would shit kittens because they expect this holier than thou horseshit.

I can respect that.

I think she would help the division when it comes to talent, but you're right she probably isn't worth whatever she would ask for. Surely since a good bit of the AEW fans would bitch about it. I personally wouldn't care, if they think she's worth what she wants, but I'm not like the majority of the fans they got.

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Should AEW hire Tessa right now I would say no and for Tessa it's not the right moment for her. I still say a tour or two in Japan would be great for her to refocus herself and get back to business.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
AEW has tried to be a woke company, not sure how they explain to their base that they a hiring a person with her past.

WWE usually doesn't give a crap about any prior reputation, but now even they are subject to using some form of restraint when it comes to hiring a person with past issues.

With AEW her dad is there, and in theory you would think that would help the situation. That might be fine for a little while, but if she is her own worst enemy things will catch up eventually.

If Japan will pay her big money maybe that could even be an option for her. It's a very weird time as far as the virus.

My money is she joins AEW on a shorter contract.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I just got to question, has any of the stuff from her "past." been proven?

Other than her hard to work with attitude anyway. I've not exactly seen that proof she said any of what she was accused of, other than people just saying she did. Anyone can say someone said something, without actual proof it's just word of mouth.

Reactions: Keith

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
I just got to question, has any of the stuff from her "past." been proven?

Other than her hard to work with attitude anyway. I've not exactly seen that proof she said any of what she was accused of, other than people just saying she did. Anyone can say someone said something, without actual proof it's just word of mouth.

I believe the racist comments she made towards people in the locker room was backed up by multiple people who were there. To me it's about reputation, once you start getting a bad one it's tough. if I were WWE or AEW I'd legit drop all my plans and build my division around her. With WWE there many awesome matchups I'd love to see. With AEW their division is pretty bad in comparison. If I were Tessa and money was equal I'd prefer matchups in WWE right now. With AEW though she could get more say I'm sure in what she does so that might be the independence she's looking for.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I believe the racist comments she made towards people in the locker room was backed up by multiple people who were there. To me it's about reputation, once you start getting a bad one it's tough. if I were WWE or AEW I'd legit drop all my plans and build my division around her. With WWE there many awesome matchups I'd love to see. With AEW their division is pretty bad in comparison. If I were Tessa and money was equal I'd prefer matchups in WWE right now. With AEW though she could get more say I'm sure in what she does so that might be the independence she's looking for.

Did all this she say come out before or after she started to get her big push? I know it was before she won the title, but wasn't it like not long before that? Could be a case of jealously, and also could be true. I'm not really taking a side here on it. I just hate to believe stuff honestly without seeing any sort of proof of it.

I think she'd stand a better chance of being a top start in AEW. With WWE, you already got a lot of top women stars, so she'd have to fight a little bit harder for that spot. But maybe that would drive her more also. Knowing she has to work harder to get that top spot, over pretty much coming in and knowing you could get it. So it depends on which she would want.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It was literally two days before she going to win the world title and the tweet came Sienna who HATES Tessa.

Also, yes. AEW would be fools not hire the one person that can actually make their women's division relevant.