Shitbox 360

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Well no matter how "over rated" you think it is, fact prove that its not as it's sold almost twice as many copy's as the highest selling Ps3 game. Infact the top 3 selling Xbox 360 games have outsold Ps3's highest selling game.

Xbox 360 Top 3 selling games

# Halo 3 (8.1 million)
# Gears of War (5 million
# Gears of War 2 (5 million)

Ps3 Top 3 selling games

# Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (4.65 million)
# Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (3.5 million)
# MotorStorm (3.31 million)

Thus proving Xbox 360 exclusives > Ps3 exclusives. Who gives a flying fuck who has more, its all about quality and how liked by fans they are.

Sorry you guys shouldn't have started a console war I could go all night.

By that logic that means that Transformers should have win an Oscar because it sold a shitload of tickets. XBOX 360 had a year & a half of being the sole next gen console, meaning of course it has more sales than PS3 does, if it didn't then their marketing team should have been fired. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is barely a game, its a fucking tech demo for a game that Sony has been working on for 5 years. I have all 3 consoles in my home, but my PS3 is used the most & the controller is better with fighting games, which I play often. I'll also say that Wii New Mario Bros & Punchout!! are great games, heavy on nostalgia, but completely new experience. Too bad the Wii has a lot of third party shit & casual garbage, because the Nintendo made games are good.

BTW I liked HALO when it was called TRIBES.

J

You go into too many subjects in your arguments.

And Xbox 360 controller kicks Ps3's when it comes to FPS's. Triggers are so much better. Tried playing COD on Ps3 and almost put the controller through the wall it was so useless when it comes to firing.

And whats it matter if the systems been out longer. All the 360 games listed came out long ofter the Ps3.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
You go into too many subjects in your arguments.

And Xbox 360 controller kicks Ps3's when it comes to FPS's. Triggers are so much better. Tried playing COD on Ps3 and almost put the controller through the wall it was so useless when it comes to firing.

And whats it matter if the systems been out longer. All the 360 games listed came out long ofter the Ps3.

I went into a lot of subjects to get a dialogue & its the damn debates I had to do in mandatory college public speaking courses which makes me put a lot of subjects into an argument.

You are 100% correct when you say PS3 controller sucks for FPS. It is a bitch to fire a weapon with those triggers, but I've been able to kill 7 Predators in a row with a Marine in the new AVP game, a game the critics say is unbalanced & I say bullshit. I'm just bringing it up because I think that its a pretty good multiplayer game & if you were decent in CoD: MW, you'll probably be decent with a colonial marine.

It actually does matter when a system came out. When 360 came out it was the only next gen console, so everybody bought one so they could be playing the latest games with superior graphics, while Sony fan boys were stuck waiting. Think of this, when you have a year & a half lead to your competition, you can market the shit out of your products saying its better than your competition, because at that point in time its true. Early market penetration is key in getting a large market share.

The same exact thing happened in the early 90's with Sega vs Nintendo. In the end Nintendo used the two & a half year difference to make SNES a better graphical machine than the Genesis. Just like Playstation, Nintendo had a built in brand name, but a lot of people bought Genesis systems over SNES because of the price point. Genesis was out longer so Sega could lower the price on the consoles because they were cheaper to produce at that point. Also, just like Genesis, XBOX has been promoted as being the cool thing to have. In the early 90's nobody said they had a SNES, because it was perceived as being uncool, sort of like the early part of PS3's life-cycle.

I'll admit some 360 games are great, I wouldn't have one if there weren't great games for it. Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead & Forza come off at the top of my head. Plus there are a lot of XBOX Live arcade games that PSN doesn't get at all.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I <3 my Xbox, but I only got it cos it was cheaper.

Same. I always played Playstation until I got my 360 November 2008. I would of rather had gotten the PS3 but 360 was cheaper and I needed some sort of new generation system.

LadyHotrod

If your 360 dies, you can easily exchange it without a problem at Zellers.

Just FYI. At least here you can because they don't scan the serial numbers.

It works, trust me.

:shifty:

J

I had the choice between a free Ps3 and free Xbox 360 and choose Xbox 360 so ha lolz

(Long story)

hndsmepete

Reaction score
I had the choice between a free Ps3 and free Xbox 360 and choose Xbox 360 so ha lolz

(Long story)

So did my step-brother, he chose 360 because that's what all his friends had & they play NHL 09 as a team.. His friend's father works for a major American toy store as a higher up & the father just takes whatever systems and games his son or friends ask for. I wish I could get in on that action, getting new shit I don't need & selling it for all profit.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Half of those 360's are dead now so they don't count. That and it had a year head start lmao. Also PS3 > Shitbox Again.

Claim supported by nothing but you being a fanboy.

Also PS3 > Shitbox Again.
PS3 lost almost 3/4 of its market compared to the previous generation.
Its case is even in economic books as an example of failed marketing choice..:laugh:

Qwake

PS2 > Xbox

360 > PS3

Agreed with gettin' the 360 cos' it was cheaper.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I went into a lot of subjects to get a dialogue & its the damn debates I had to do in mandatory college public speaking courses which makes me put a lot of subjects into an argument.

You are 100% correct when you say PS3 controller sucks for FPS. It is a bitch to fire a weapon with those triggers, but I've been able to kill 7 Predators in a row with a Marine in the new AVP game, a game the critics say is unbalanced & I say bullshit. I'm just bringing it up because I think that its a pretty good multiplayer game & if you were decent in CoD: MW, you'll probably be decent with a colonial marine.

It actually does matter when a system came out. When 360 came out it was the only next gen console, so everybody bought one so they could be playing the latest games with superior graphics, while Sony fan boys were stuck waiting. Think of this, when you have a year & a half lead to your competition, you can market the shit out of your products saying its better than your competition, because at that point in time its true. Early market penetration is key in getting a large market share.

The same exact thing happened in the early 90's with Sega vs Nintendo. In the end Nintendo used the two & a half year difference to make SNES a better graphical machine than the Genesis. Just like Playstation, Nintendo had a built in brand name, but a lot of people bought Genesis systems over SNES because of the price point. Genesis was out longer so Sega could lower the price on the consoles because they were cheaper to produce at that point. Also, just like Genesis, XBOX has been promoted as being the cool thing to have. In the early 90's nobody said they had a SNES, because it was perceived as being uncool, sort of like the early part of PS3's life-cycle.

I'll admit some 360 games are great, I wouldn't have one if there weren't great games for it. Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead & Forza come off at the top of my head. Plus there are a lot of XBOX Live arcade games that PSN doesn't get at all.

I like this guy.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

I bet everyone (except Blaze) has more trophies then me.

I'm pretty sure your right J, but what is your gamerscore?

I have three after I lost my monkeystyle account I fucking gave up on gaming. For now

Klide

Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 are like the only two great games it has lol. Though Left 4 Dead 2 has shitty characters and the partner A.I. is trash.

Agreed Left for dead is probably the only good 360 exclusive game. Ps3 got LBP Heavy rain and God of war and uncharted