Sheamus?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I'm really happy WWE decided to actually push someone new on RAW last night, the only problem is....its Sheamus

I won't complain, I won't bitch or moan, I'll just say this...couldn't they have picked someone better? There are dozens of other more talented young stars that could have got his number 1 contenders spot. Sheamus, in my opinion, is a big gimmicky generic monster heel with no charisma at all. The worst part is, WWE is trying so hard to make him look credible but I don't think its working.

Again, I'm happy in general about WWE pushing a young star, and I'd rather see Sheamus get a shot over someone like Orton or Triple H yet again. However, if I had the choice, I definitely wouldn't have given Sheamus the spot over the other young guys on the roster.

Thoughts?

xtremebadass

I am pissed at the fact that I have to wear sunglasses whenever I watch Sheamus.

noumenon

Here we go again... ::inhales ready for rant::

Who better than Sheamus at this point? And I'm talking purely in terms of kayfabe here. Don't tell me Swagger, he's done nothing since being on RAW. And did you catch his tag partners last night? Nuff said.

Don't tell me Legacy. Since their feud with DX they've also done nothing on RAW besides blindly follow Orton with out any reasoning behind it. Their first main event(ish) beef should be with Orton, not for the title. Dibiasi or Cody are going to get their face reaction off turning on Orton, not facing Cena for a title.

Sure as hell not Kofi at this point. The whole point of this was to get some fresh blood into the main event scene. Putting Kofi against Cena for the title when he isn't even done with Orton yet would only drag Orton along for the ride and we'd be knee deep in another WWE title triple threat featuring Orton and Cena once again. Let him continue to get put over by Orton and build his face reaction even more. Winning the Rumble and picking up the title at Mania is Kofi's path this year... I'd put money on it.

Sheamus is the perfect choice right now. Since being in the company he's come off a successful first feud, retired someone, dominated the mandatory jobbers, and holds the elimination record for this year's Survivor Series. People complain that these guys are brought to RAW and nothing is done with them, well something is being done with one of them...stop complaining. Sheamus looks great in the ring, unique look and has the potential to be the first true bad ass heel in quite some time.
I honestly can't think of any other young talent on RAW who deserves a shot at that belt right now judging on their actions in recent months.
Miz may be the exception but he's currently carrying the entire RAW mid card. I wouldn't be surprised if he's RAW's next priority push after he drops that title.

Orton and Cena, the top heel and face in the company are currently training and putting over who WWE hopes will be the next wave of such as we speak.

Great One

To be fair noumenom what they're trying to say is Sheamus SHOULDN'T be the best choice. You keep misconstruing what everyone is saying and just say 'Oh then who else? He is most credible!' While that is true, the point people are trying to make is that booking screwed over guys who should be just as/way more credible than him. Still doesn't give them a right to bitch, since those names are in the past now I guess, but still there's no point to try to tell people he's the 'best' choice.

JMay187

Reaction score
Most of all it's not the wrestler's fault. Jack Swagger is a great wrestler in the ring.

Its just the WWE screwing up the booking once again.

Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler would be GODS in TNA.

noumenon

To be fair noumenom what they're trying to say is Sheamus SHOULDN'T be the best choice. You keep misconstruing what everyone is saying and just say 'Oh then who else? He is most credible!' While that is true, the point people are trying to make is that booking screwed over guys who should be just as/way more credible than him. Still doesn't give them a right to bitch, since those names are in the past now I guess, but still there's no point to try to tell people he's the 'best' choice.

That's all I'm trying to say. Guys like Swagger were already ruined up until this point and would have never worked in Sheamus' position on RAW. Still stop bitching, Sheamus is awesome :p

The Rated R CMStar

Any complaint about Sheamus being the one pushed is based on personal bias towards certain other wrestler, not who might be the right one in kayfabe.

Kizza

Uh, Sheamus is being booked as a young monster. Who else on the roster besides Swagger looks as big as a brick shithouse. Besides the repetitive argument of OMG SWAGGAH IS SO GEWD~!!!!!111!!!, there is no one else better then Sheamus to be the young big man.

Plus, he has the most unique look of the young guys on RAW.

Airfixx

At least wait til they fuck it up or bury him before bitching, guyyyyyzzzz.

chessarmy

Any complaint about Sheamus being the one pushed is based on personal bias towards certain other wrestler, not who might be the right one in kayfabe.

If WWE actually booked their young stars correctly prior to this, they'd have plenty of other guys to push over Sheamus, and it would make sense "in kayfabe"

EDIT: However, Sheamus or not, I'm still happy the writers finally gave us something different for the love of god!

Kizza

Sheamus has been booked like a monster. It's only natural that they now have him go to the biggest of big.

This is part of building Sheamus up. The only way to give a young guy main event experience is put them in the pain event. There's no way he'll win.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I hope he hasn't given up his Irish Curse finisher. That move was epic. Granted he can't do that move through a table, but still would be a good knockout move.

Wrestling Station

perfect choice for making Cena look more of a superman (x2) >_>
Building up Cena to a level that he would be unbeatable, and he will be a champ till Wrestlemania then someone like Orton or some heel would win it back.

Airfixx

^^^If Orton beats Cena @ a Mania 1-on-1 I mark so damn hard!

@ J'Bonez.... Is Irish Curse what he's calling his version of the Razors Edge? If so I reckon he could rock a table bump with that shit... He actually launches the guy, rather than merely falling forward with him like Hall used to.

monkeystyle

Reaction score

Thank you. You are wise beyond your years.

"PUSH SOMEONE NEW!!! PUSH SOMEONE NEW!!!!"

"Okay, we'll push Sheamus, give him a shot"

"NOOOOO! He's new, but he's not the one I want to see pushed!"

Whining little maggots. :D