Shane O Mac's impact - Good or Bad and its impact on WM32

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I don't see why the match can't happen. Shane is in his 40's but could still be in good enough shape to fight. A no holds barred match inside a cell isn't exactly something that requires being in the best shape possible anyway. He was hopping around during his entrance as quick as he used to do back in his younger days, and please loan me whatever x-ray googles some of you have that allows you to know what his exact physique looks like through the suit he was wearing.

Also, not every feud needs a clearly defined Good Guy or Bad Guy. Neither guy is a heel here. And as we saw last year with the Lesnar feud, any attempt to make Taker a bad guy (let alone in Texas) will fail. Sometimes it's best to just watch the drama of a conflict unfold without worrying about which person you're supposed to love or hate.

Match feels random as hell, but I guess it could be interesting. Still feels like a pretty underwhelming storyline for Taker for such a momentous Wrestlemania that's happening in his home turf, but whatever.

Reactions: Joseph86

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Just because he has grey hair doesn't mean he can't have a match. Vince McMahon was over 50 years old when he started having matches.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I agree about it not happening. Look at Shane. Does he look like he can handle a 30+ minute match with Undertaker? They did this "in case", they are being hopeful Cena will be better in time. It is a way for them to have options for Undertaker and have an opening for Cena. I am sure everything will change come Monday when Undertaker voices his reaction.
Where are you getting the Cena stuff from? There is ZERO talk about Cena getting back in time to actually wrestle at mania. Zero. None of the major insiders say that there is talk about John actually wrestling at mania

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Where are you getting the Cena stuff from? There is ZERO talk about Cena getting back in time to actually wrestle at mania. Zero. None of the major insiders say that there is talk about John actually wrestling at mania

I definitely think the Cena thing was made up out of thin air and none of the journalists online who have been writing articles have any sort of solid proof what so ever that it was the original plan

Stopspot

Reaction score
If Cena wasn't out he would be defending the US title at mania. Him going out was the reason Kalisto got that push.

There was talk about Cena vs Undertaker, but it never went further than the brainstorming stage

Last edited:

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Interesting note, Shane's company(not exactly his but he's a higher up) could be used to stream the WWEN in Japan. Something that the WWE is aiming to do this year. Don't think it's exactly thread worthy, but it could still have a play in things.

Really don't see Shane losing and The Authority/Vince angle going unresolved. Don't see Undertaker losing again either, especially in his home state. Taker aligning himself with Shane like Stop said seems like the best option. But whoever Vince needs to be credible, and most of the favorable picks are already booked up. Everyone besides Sheamus. Sheamus vs Taker wouldn't be that bad either.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Interesting note, Shane's company(not exactly his but he's a higher up) could be used to stream the WWEN in Japan. Something that the WWE is aiming to do this year. Don't think it's exactly thread worthy, but it could still have a play in things.

Really don't see Shane losing and The Authority/Vince angle going unresolved. Don't see Undertaker losing again either, especially in his home state. Taker aligning himself with Shane like Stop said seems like the best option. But whoever Vince needs to be credible, and most of the favorable picks are already booked up. Everyone besides Sheamus. Sheamus vs Taker wouldn't be that bad either.
Isn't the network launching in Japan any week now? Wouldn't that be kinda counterproductive

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score

I am saying they had hopes of it happening. I read things the last few weeks about Vince being hopeful/hoping he is able to. Never said he was going to actual make it. Pretty sure he wont. Nothing wrong with me saying they were keeping options open, obviously they have been doing this for months now.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Isn't the network launching in Japan any week now? Wouldn't that be kinda counterproductive
Probably the way to access it via browser. Assuming not everyone can get the app, or just prefer computer use. Just took it from a couple of articles, not too informed on it.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
The only thing entertaining about Shane was his high impact spots, jumping from the rafters onto his opponents... He won't be doing that anymore, get lost Shane, he's useless now.

You forgot about his dancing , idiot

Joseph86

Jobber
Reaction score
It will be good to involve Austin also in this storyline ....

Reactions: Neptune

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The only thing entertaining about Shane was his high impact spots, jumping from the rafters onto his opponents... He won't be doing that anymore, get lost Shane, he's useless now.

:stfu:

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If Cena wasn't out he would be defending the US title at mania. Him going out was the reason Kalisto got that push.

There was talk about Cena vs Undertaker, but it never went further than the brainstorming stage

lol Yes, a match the magnitude of Cena vs Undertaker never made it past the brainstorming stage. Cena defending the United States Championship obviously took precedent over one of the biggest dream matches they have left at the biggest Wrestlemania of all time. :haha:

Joseph86

Jobber
Reaction score

Only a couple of days more to find out.... Cant remember having this kind of excitement for WWE RAW since a long time

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
All I'm going to say is don't rely so much on the "insiders" regarding info. The way I see it, a lot of those so called insiders just make stuff up and report them and when they eventually get something right, hooray or they just report stuff after the fact and after it's been pretty much announced. Who can forget "oh, Meltzer confirmed HHH vs Reigns for Wrestlemania". Yeah, no shit Einstein...

As far as Cena goes, I too have mentioned that I can see him in a match at Mania. Chances indeed do seem slim but my assumption is based on his history of speedy recovories, the timing of the operation and the fact he started rehab the very next day. No inside info obviously, just thinking logically...I think, hehehe...