SEVERELY disappointed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
WWE could have used Triple H's third opponent to redebut Big Show, or one of their new acquisitions, or just get Khali, or hell, mysteriously turn Lashley heel and toss him in, but instead we get 30 seconds of a caffienated Regal. Totally anticlimatic booking for Triple H's "clawing his way back into the rumble." I've seen more exciting squash matches.

Enigma22

Reaction score
see i said that we were probably going to be dissapointed... thank god i didnt get my hopes up lol... i figured it would be something like this

HHHforever

Reaction score
Can't say that I'm THAT surprised. Once they announced the gaunlet I could tell that Regal was going to come in third the way he was getting pissed. I think a traditional match with the Big Show would have been a lot sweeter.

This is my guess as to why the Big Show wasn't used. Obviously HHH was going to be in the Rumble so whoever he faced he was going to beat. The Big Show is more than likely going to be heel, just my guess he could be face but probably more effective heel, so they are going to want him to be build as a big giant angry heel so having him lose his first match would not look good. Also having him come as the third competor and only fighting for like 1 minute wouldn't look very good either. We also don't have any idea what show he's going to come on so he might not even go to Raw so that might have something to do with it.

As far as Stephanie getting pissed and pulling the idea I don't know if that's the case. They might want to make it a big surprise about his return which is much more effective than knowing it's coming. They brought back HBK like that and it was awesome. I'd rather be shocked when he does come back. Also bringing Lashley in as a heel wouldn't make any sense considering he hates McMahon, if they want to make him heel he's going to have to do it over time. I wouldn't be surpised if Lashley and/or Big Show come back at the rumble as a surprise considering there are still 8 spots open.

I'm not severly disapointed because HHH is in the rumble and that makes me happy, but I am a little disapointed cuz this could have been a better match. But, I am not shocked.

The Rated R CMStar

I am dissapointed about there having to be a Rumble. I can't believe I am saying this, but what was the need of HHH defeating Mark Henry, a SD superstar? A singles match would have been enough, even if it was against Snitsky. There was no need to have HHH defeat quickly 3 opponents.

(Lol, I sounded a lot like Roxxy Laveoux Fanboy in that paragraph)

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Oh no CMS, please don't turn into that haha. I do tend to agree that a 1-1 match would have been better and I'm not really sure why they needed Mark Henry, but it is what it is. That's what the whole thing was about, HHH overcoming the odds and winning. I also wouldn't really consider Regal that much of an opponent. He's always been mid card and now that he's GM he thinks he can just step in the ring with HHH who is a main eventer and win. Plus Regal wasn't even dressed to compete.

HHHforever

Reaction score
CMS you disapoint me. You've abandonded me and turned to the dark side. All it takes is one post and it's all over haha.

The Rated R CMStar

No, the thing is that I was heavily expecting a one on one gimmick match, or at least a one on one HHH vs Monster match. That way, it would have a lot more unpredictable. Almost every time a face wrestler is put on a gauntlet he wins it. We got Snitsky, that well, rightfully lost, but then, we got Mark Henry, why Mark Henry? He's already jobbed on SD, why on Raw? In fact, Regal being the third competitor made the most sense in the whole match.

Lol, its not like HHH went to management and said: Well, I want to bury Snitsky, Regal and, let's see, a random SD superstar, Mark Henry.

Still, that's what we got.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I was not dissapointed much. I can see them bringing in one of the debuting stars in the Royale Rumble by having Hornswaggle let them take his spot. But I do agree with the overs that he did not have to squash those 3 superstars

Montana

I think originally they wanted big show, but found out he couldnt start til AFTER the royal rumble. The 3 opponents thing was stupid. HHH beats those 3 on a regular basis, how has he met his match?

The more i think about the wwe's booking, its not WHAT they book, its HOW they are booking it. They technical are booking a decent program, although the way they are goin about it is all wrong.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yes, lets WASTE the redebut of the Big Show on HHH who is going to be in the rumble anyway. Please tell me what sense that would make? The largest athlete in the world, bad ass, comes back, huge fanfare, and............he loses. That's fuckin dumb.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Or he wins and we're awarded the original stipulations of the HHH/Flair match, and he is beaten by Big Show and stays the hell out of the Rumble so other people can be put over.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yes and keep one of the biggest stars in the company off a key PPV. Thank god you dont run a wrestling company because you'd never make a dollar.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah. HHH is gonna be in the rumble whether you like it or not. Face it he's one of the top stars in the WWE, he's not going to miss the Rumble without some kind of good reason to do so. IE, hot feud, title match etc.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Jesus fucking christ you are Blue. HHH, whether you like it or not, is the top face on Raw right now, maybe you could make an argument for Jeff Hardy either way HHH is in the top 2 at the moment. Why the fuck wouldn't you put your number 1 draw in one of the biggests PPV's of the year? I don't know what they do over at TNA, but I'm guessing Kurt Angle is usually at the biggest PPV's for them.

What the fuck are you talking about with putting over young talent? There are 30 fucking people in the Rumble! HHH more than likely isn't going to win the rumble anyway, so who's spot is he taking that should be in ahead of him? Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Super Crazy, perhaps we'd all rather see that guy from ECW who just get's his ass kicked every show, etc. All those guys deserve to be in the Rumble ahead of HHH, because we all know Super Crazy would be pushed if it wasn't for HHH holding him down and being married to Stephanie. Give me a fucking a break, you need to get a clue.

I also tend to agree with Kaedon about wasting the Big Show's debut in a loss to HHH. It would make more sense to have him come back either heel and face a HHH and destroy him or come back face and destroy Randy Orton. But, as I said before we don't even know what show he's going to so that ould also have something to do with it.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Snitsky sucks. Hardy actually ended his undefeated streak, not HHH, and since then he's turned into nothing. No one likes him, no one hates him, he's just there. Mark Henry has also turned into nothing more than a glorified jobber. When was the last time he won? Batista just ripped him in half in like a 2 minute match. He's not that bad they just don't use him. Fuck Khali, are you kidding me? He's been getting his ass kicked on a regular basis by Finlay. He's not being pushed in the least bit. He's in a feud with a midget. I'm not sure if that's considered a push at TNA, but it definitely is not a push in the WWE.

In theory you are right that I am shortsighted because I did not watch wrestling back then. However I know a little bit of what went on bacck then cuz I study youtube a lot haha.

So you've gone so far as to say that even when HHH loses it has to be a certain way or you won't be statisfied. He lost at Armagedeon and propelled Hardy to the ME. What the fuck else do you want??? The guy can't even lose correctly in your eye, he has to lose your way. If you think that HHH doesn't deserve/should not be in the rumble than you are much more Blue than I thought you were, which would be really hard to believe that anyone is that stupid.