Seth Rollins Forced to Vacate the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Seth Rollins has been forced to vacate the WWE World Heavyweight Championship after tearing his right ACL, MCL and medial meniscus Wednesday night at a live event in Dublin, Ireland. According to WWE.com, he expected to miss six to nine months of action.

Roman Reigns was scheduled to face at the Survivor Series. As a result of the title being vacated, a tournament to determine a new champion will instead take place at the event.

Details surrounding the tournament have not been finalized. The event takes place Sunday, Nov. 22, and will air live only on WWE Network.

Holy fucking shit are you serious? What a way to end a 7 month title reign. Fucking bullshit that this would happen now right when his feud with roman reigns was beginning. Well that's the business I guess.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Re: Seth Rollins Forced to Vacate the WWE Worldheavyweight Championship

This is so shit :(

Rollins has been awesome as Champion and it sucks to see him lose his title this way. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

sucks for Rollins, but WWE just became 10x more interesting. Cena & Orton out, Rollins now vacating the title. The status quo is being well & truly shook up.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This is going to force WWE to pull the trigger on things they've been too afraid to. It's now or never for guys like Roman Reigns to carry the ball.

This sucks so much for Seth Rollins. The guy was on fire and was becoming THE MAN in WWE. He didn't even need to be babyface to be on his way to taking the top spot.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Rollins has been awesome as Champion
How so? Do you mean in terms of his match quality? If that's the case then I'll agree, but the rest of his reign has been complete ass. He was booked to look like a pussy for 99% of it and failed to get anyone else over when they were challenging him. When we look back in a few years, I feel confident we'll all say his title reign was a total failure.

Evil Deadpunk said:
This is going to force WWE to pull the trigger on things they've been too afraid to. It's now or never for guys like Roman Reigns to carry the ball.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure Reigns was going over Rollins at SS, so it's not really forcing their hand since they were planning on playing it anyways. The real question here is whether they let Reigns win it as a face or if they go for the heel turn?

It's been said already, but a hilarious option would be for Sheamus to come out on Monday night, cash in MitB on the vacant title and have them award it to him. :lol:

Sabretooth

Reaction score

How so? Do you mean in terms of his match quality? If that's the case then I'll agree, but the rest of his reign has been complete ass. He was booked to look like a pussy for 99% of it and failed to get anyone else over when they were challenging him. When we look back in a few years, I feel confident we'll all say his title reign was a total failure.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Reigns was going over Rollins at SS, so it's not really forcing their hand since they were planning on playing it anyways. The real question here is whether they let Reigns win it as a face or if they go for the heel turn?

It's been said already, but a hilarious option would be for Sheamus to come out on Monday night, cash in MitB on the vacant title and have them award it to him. :lol:

Rollins isn't supposed to put anyone over since he's supposed to win.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Rollins isn't supposed to put anyone over since he's supposed to win.
Well, duh, but I said "get", not "put".

The champ is supposed to be able to make everyone he faces look good in doing so and perhaps even elevate them a little bit without them winning the belt. It worked when he did it with Neville on Raw but then creative pushed him right back down the card. The only other people Seth made look good were guys that didn't need it, like Cena, Sting and Kane. So in the 7 or so months he was champ, we have a grand total of 1 guy who benefited from feuding with him, and that guy is currently dicking around on the pre-show with no direction in the slightest.

His other opponents in that time period are no higher or lower than they were before facing him (Ambrose), gone back to the farm (Lesnar), on vacation (Cena), kidnapped by the Wyatt's (Kane) or injured (Orton), perhaps permanently (Sting). Sounds like a really impressive reign when you break it all down like that, doesn't it?

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Well, duh, but I said "get", not "put".

The champ is supposed to be able to make everyone he faces look good in doing so and perhaps even elevate them a little bit without them winning the belt. It worked when he did it with Neville on Raw but then creative pushed him right back down the card. The only other people Seth made look good were guys that didn't need it, like Cena, Sting and Kane. So in the 7 or so months he was champ, we have a grand total of 1 guy who benefited from feuding with him, and that guy is currently dicking around on the pre-show with no direction in the slightest.

His other opponents in that time period are no higher or lower than they were before facing him (Ambrose), gone back to the farm (Lesnar), on vacation (Cena), kidnapped by the Wyatt's (Kane) or injured (Orton), perhaps permanently (Sting). Sounds like a really impressive reign when you break it all down like that, doesn't it?

Yeah he was feuding with high profile stars who didn't need to get over.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I wpuld be fine with Owens winning it or they hotshot Samoa Joe to the ME already and throw him in the mix as well. Still think it will be Reigns or Ambrose walking out with it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So, uh, yeah. I guess you helped make one of my points. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. Your point was that the world champion is supposed to help people get over but if you're a young champion like Seth Rollins that's not your job.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Not really. Your point was that the world champion is supposed to help people get over but if you're a young champion like Seth Rollins that's not your job.
My point was that his reign as champ sucked and resulted in no one really gaining anything out of it. Imagine if they'd just used him to make a couple of guys look better? Maybe they wouldn't be left with Reigns and nobody else to be the next champ.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
My point was that his reign as champ sucked and resulted in no one really gaining anything out of it. Imagine if they'd just used him to make a couple of guys look better? Maybe they wouldn't be left with Reigns and nobody else to be the next champ.

So you want him to just not feud with anyone big

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So you want him to just not feud with anyone big

Of course not, but what do you do when you run out of everyone big and haven't bothered to make any new stars? You get exactly what's happening right now. I know that he didn't need to feud with Cena, Sting and Kane for the last 3 months either. Think about this for a moment. The person that got the most over out of those last 3 months? Jon Stewart. Unless he's in the tournament, I'm not sure all of that time was worth it. :lol:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I agree with Fuji on this one. Rollins hasnt helped anyone and he has looked weak other than being good in the ring what has he accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.