Seth Rollins appreciation thread: The Messiah, The Savior, The Architect

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
The suit is much better. :lol

Seth rocks a suit like nobody else.

0b3fd4b2ddea588e018b4abf78630fb9.gif

9692f4c33078af3f7eacd8f15a33d09c.gif

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f427058446b49336953785a317a773d3d2d3633343230353133312e313538323237663563316638373331313532333731383339323331382e676966

Somewhere @Mox Girl is swooning

By the way, maybe it's just me, but does Seth not look a little bit like Colin Farrell at some angles? I can't be the only one that sees it.

tumblr_inline_ok7j7a4UqE1qlt39u_400.gifv

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Seth in a suit :banderas: :done

His suit on SD last week though, he looked like a giant Easter Egg :lol I look forward every week to see what he wears now. I liked the tartan suit he wore a bit back, my Mum said he was wearing our Scottish family colours, so good choice Sethie :D

This character of his right now is aces. I love it so much, he's so hilarious and fun. When Cesaro swung him and his jacket flew off while he was screaming, I died :lmao

I'm amped for his match at Mania. I hope he wins but Seth seems to be the in 'put people over' mode right now so Cesaro might get the W.

• Haha
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'm amped for his match at Mania. I hope he wins but Seth seems to be the in 'put people over' mode right now so Cesaro might get the W.

I think Seth will win, but I'm actually fine with either result. I like Cesaro and it would be a good chance for him to prove himself in a big stage. It's really just whether they would keep that momentum going afterwards.

Way I see it, Seth will still be fine even if loses. Cesaro on the other hand might continue to fizzle out, so I think he has more stock to lose.

I just hope the match gets the time it deserves. I think a lot of the matches have potential this year, just depends how they book them and how much time they give each match. I feel like I say this ever year. :lol

I literally didn't watch at all last year though, that was a first for me. No crowd and Covid taking priority meant I just wasn't in the mood for it. Crowd should appreciate matches like this.

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
Meltzer gave Rollins/Cesaro 4 stars. He also gave Sasha/Bianca 4 stars. But in the writeup for the Seth/Cesaro match I'm going to post below, in his last couple sentences he pretty much says that Rollins/Cesaro match was the MOTN, which I agree with. Couple that with alot of fans reportedly leaving during the main event, and yeah, I'd have to agree with Dave about it being the better match:

Here is the Meltzer write-up about the match from my Wrestling Observer subscription in this week's newsletter:

6. Cesaro pinned Seth Rollins in 11:27. The whole match was to build for the record setting swing and Cesaro getting his big WWE career win. Cesaro went for a gut wrench superplex but Rollins blocked it and hit a buckle bomb. Rollins did a top rope superplex and falcon arrow. Cesaro used lots of uppercuts in the corner. Cesaro did a eight rep giant swing and people groaned, although that was done on purpose. He used the sharpshooter but Rollins made the rope. Fans chanted “One more time” wanting another giant swing. They had to wait to get it. Rollins kicked out of the neutralizer. He tried a second one but Rollins reversed into a pedigree. Rollins used the Ospreay elbow smash to the back of the head. He went for a curb stomp but Cesaro used an uppercut. Cesaro then did the UFO, which is his airplane spin with no hands, which is visually awesome. He then went for the record giant swing. The idea is he did 23 reps but the crowd counted fast and it was between 18 and 19 when he put Rollins down. The idea is the record was 22, but in that one, Cesaro actually put Rollins down in the middle. Cesaro hit the neutralizer for the pin. The last few minutes saw the crowd go crazy. The crowd reaction at the end blew away anything on the show besides the Belair title win reaction, but blew away everything as far as a match goes. ****

Reactions: DammitC

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I wonder what Seth does now. Is the Cesaro feud over? :hmm:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I wonder what Seth does now. Is the Cesaro feud over? :hmm:

TFW from the future, the answer is thankfully, NO!

:garrett2

I really think Seth and Cesaro could some amazing things in a HIAC match. Glad the feud is getting more steam again. I was worried both guys would be directionless, especially Cesaro after losing. This is great for now.

Reactions: DammitC and Chris

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Tyler Black vs Kevin Steen: BLOODY WAR! FULL MATCH (Salvation 2010)

FULL MATCH: KENTA vs Tyler Black

Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson vs Tyler Black: FULL MATCH! (ROH Bound By Hate 2008)

KENTA & Tyler Black vs Austin Aries & Katsuhiko Nakajima

Samoa Joe vs Tyler Black

Bryan Danielson vs Tyler Black: FULL MATCH! Southern Navigation 2008

3 AWESOME Tyler Black Matches in ROH! | ROH 18th Anniversary Collection
00:00 - Bryan Danielson vs Tyler Black vs Kenny Omega (11/8/2008) 13:37 - World Championship: Austin Aries (c) vs Tyler Black (8th Anniversary, 2/13/10) 36:36 - ROH World Championship: Tyler Black (c) vs Kevin Steen (Salvation, 7/24/10)

Tyler Black vs Bryan Danielson vs Austin Aries vs Jimmy Jacobs: FULL MATCH!

WILD BRAWL: Brodie Lee & Jimmy Jacobs vs Tyler Black & Necro Butcher! | FULL MATCH

Here are a bunch of Seth Rollins matches from ROH

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I actually watched the Bryan ROH ones the other day, great stuff. Especially that triple threat with Omega. It's just crazy to think how huge that match would be these days with all three guys being top stars.

There is a lot of dream matches from the ROH days before these guys made it big. It is like finding a treasure of gold stumbling on these matches.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I actually watched the Bryan ROH ones the other day, great stuff. Especially that triple threat with Omega. It's just crazy to think how huge that match would be these days with all three guys being top stars.

There is a lot of dream matches from the ROH days before these guys made it big. It is like finding a treasure of gold stumbling on these matches.
I mean a lot of them were dream matches at the time among fans of the indie scene lol.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I mean a lot of them were dream matches at the time among fans of the indie scene lol.

No doubt, I'm sure if I knew of the guys back then I would have been the same. It's just right now, these matches would be even huger, and that was my point. Even though they have happened in the past, all these guys have reached crazy heights, some competing in other companies from one another. So it'd be awesome to see the stars align once again.

Reactions: Hoss

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Seth Rollins vs. Bray Wyatt: WWE Great Balls of Fire 2017

Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin – Universal Title No DQ Match: WWE Stomping Grounds 2019

Last edited:

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
pYPBQvz.jpg

Got this the other day, it's from 2013 and those autographs are legit. Look at Seth's autograph, it's more detailed than his current one, instead of just the SR he adds a little bit extra to it :lol I was comparing it to the other things of his I have that are autographed (lol brag) and it's def different. So woo, special! :D

• Love

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
pYPBQvz.jpg

Got this the other day, it's from 2013 and those autographs are legit. Look at Seth's autograph, it's more detailed than his current one, instead of just the SR he adds a little bit extra to it :lol I was comparing it to the other things of his I have that are autographed (lol brag) and it's def different. So woo, special! :D

That's really cool. I'm guessing you'll never be opening that prized possession :lol

I'd like to get some autographed stuff for my place. It's very bare on the walls.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Saw these moving graphics on Reddit for Seth/Roman. I thought I'd share, I wish WWE do these again

Seth is cracking me up in it :lol

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
LMAO Roman looks so normal in that compared to Seth :lol Seth's this huge goofball while Roman's all cool and collected. The comparison is hilarious!