Scrap the US title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The title is completely meaningless, the time that it should have on every RAW show could be used to boost the tag-team division. That's one argument for scrapping it, another argument against it would be that it could make superstars into main-eventers like Miz, he came to his own during his reign.

At the moment though it's so bad and it probably does more damage to superstars.

Discuss.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
They should make it bigger.
Like in the old times, US and Intercontinental champ's were huge too!
An example: Hogan had the WWF title, and Savage the Intercontinental.
They were evenly matched at that time.

SUPER POWERS OOH YEAH!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Scrap the WHC seriously. It's a midcard world title (Ala ECW) thats the problem two world titles messes up the midcard as there are essentially three.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Jim Morrison said:
Scrap the WHC seriously. It's a midcard world title (Ala ECW) thats the problem two world titles messes up the midcard as there are essentially three.

Agreed. End the Blue ass brand split, have a match to merge the WHC/WWE Championship and you can have two midcard champions with the US and IC

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I said that ages ago and I got negative reactions from most, I'm surprised you lot agree. If the brand is separated then there needs to be a WHC or the IC title can be elevated to that stage.

Two mid card champions on the same brand doesn't make sense to me though.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
IC championship is an upper midcard belt and the US is the midcard belt. The titles can switch places during drafts or whatever.

GoldDust

The Artiste
Reaction score
WWE Championship (1 main event title)
US Championship (US and IC Champs will be mid carders with fueds that actually have thought put into them)
IC Championship
Light Weight Championship (Please bring this back. The X-division in TNA has some real excitement)
Tag Team Championship (Make some real teams with real fueds. No random guys just thrown together. They need a team name and matching ring attire)
Divas Championship (I say just dump the whole Divas division but if you are going to keep it get some women with some actual talent. No more roll up endings. Move the title around. Have some real fueds. No more farting)

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
GoldDust said:
WWE Championship (1 main event title)
US Championship (US and IC Champs will be mid carders with fueds that actually have thought put into them)
IC Championship
Light Weight Championship (Please bring this back. The X-division in TNA has some real excitement)
Tag Team Championship (Make some real teams with real fueds. No random guys just thrown together. They need a team name and matching ring attire)
Divas Championship (I say just dump the whole Divas division but if you are going to keep it get some women with some actual talent. No more roll up endings. Move the title around. Have some real fueds. No more farting)

Nice post. I'd bring back the cruiserweight division too most certainly.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Undisputed WWE title would be nice if they would bring that back..
But then there will be too much top guys for battle for the championship.
Would end up in a rumble match for the title imo.

SpaceR

The Artiste
Reaction score
Back when John Cena won the US title at WM 20, it had so much prestige. Him, Carlitio, Rey, tons of guys were competition for the belt. Now, there's not enough people being pushed. I love the look and idea of the belt but I'd say scrap it for now, make IC inter-branded and bring some life to the midcard divsion.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Pisses me off how easy it is to re-establish it.

Regular TV slot, mic time and recognizable stars being involved and boom it's back. ADR, Riley and Mysterio would be a nice trio for the belt.

SpaceR

The Artiste
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Pisses me off how easy it is to re-establish it.

Regular TV slot, mic time and recognizable stars being involved and boom it's back. ADR, Riley and Mysterio would be a nice trio for the belt.

For some reason WWE hates Riley and he gets buried on NXT. That pisses me off too, good potential talent being buried on fucking NXT.