Saturday Morning Slam General Manager Competition Announced (Press Release)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE issued the following press release on Tuesday morning:

VORTEXX ON THE CW ANNOUNCES UPCOMING THREE-WEEK SPECIAL ON WWE SATURDAY MORNING SLAM

WWE Superstars Battle to Become the General Manager and All-Powerful Boss of Saturday Morning Slam

LOS ANGELES (February 26, 2013) – Vortexx on The CW, an affiliate of Saban Brands, today announced a WWE Saturday Morning Slam special to debut during the five-hour kids television block, airing on March 2, March 9 and March 16 at 10:30 a.m. During this three-week special, fans can expect to see larger-than-life WWE Superstars battle it out in the fight to be named the General Manager of WWE Saturday Morning Slam.

In the first episode, which airs on March 2, mayhem breaks out among the Superstars of WWE Saturday Morning Slam. It’s time to bring in a powerful General Manager to reign them all in. As the WWE Superstars start to jockey and compete for the chance to become boss, things get even more heated.

The battle to be boss continues on March 9 when four top WWE Superstars face off to impress the powers-that-be. The electrifying conclusion to the story will air on March 16 when the new General Manager of WWE Saturday Morning Slam will be crowned.

“We are very excited to offer our fans the opportunity to witness all of the extreme in-ring action leading up to the crowning of the WWE Superstar who will become the General Manager of WWE Saturday Morning Slam and rule over them all,â€￾ said Elie Dekel, Co-President of Vortexx. “We hope the fans are just as eager as we are to see who will claim the ultimate title.â€￾
Pretty odd thing to do and really not sure who are they going to use in this role, probably someone like Ryder i'd imagine.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Ryder is probably one of the most kid friendly superstars WWE has right now. Perhaps Brodus Clay also. Who knows, maybe this is what Santino will do while he's recovering or something. Doubtful though because they are fighting for it. But I'm actually starting to think that WWE isn't as predictable as I once thought.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would have been good if they listed the names competing to win the spot of GM on the show. Slightly odd that they would be adding a GM for a show like this. I can't see them putting an active wrestler in charge of the show as it would be weird seeing them as GM as well as wrestling on the program. Can see it being a non wrestler, maybe Teddy Long will be given another shot as GM.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm hearing and reading that it could possibly be Mick Foley.
He's the interim one for the tourney. I'm honestly expecting Hornswottle, its just hard to see any better fit for he role than him

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
20130227_EP_LIGHT_GM_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Starting this Saturday, March 2, the most exciting and fast-paced show in Saturday morning television — “WWE Saturday Morning Slam†— begins the search for a General Manager!

WWE’s Board of Directors has decided to find a GM to rein in the Superstars and Divas of “WWE Saturday Morning Slam.†The search occurs over the next three Saturdays — March 2, 9 and 16 — at 10:30 a.m. during the Vortexx block on The CW.

To aid in the managerial hunt, WWE’s Board of Directors has found just the man: SmackDown GM Booker T! Superstars and Divas will compete, jockey for position and try to impress the six-time World Champion enough to become the new boss of WWE’s hit kids show.

The three-week GM search promises to make the fastest, most energy-filled half-hour on television even more must-see. Tune in to exciting new episodes of “WWE Saturday Morning Slam†on The CW this and every Saturday at 10:30 a.m.!
Weird they use this image but then in the article mention Divas too. Truth or Ryder would be good fits.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Daniel Bryan is the most kid friendly character on the roster. He wins.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
When I first glanced at that picture of all the superstars competing for this thing, Kofi Kingston immediately jumped out to me and honestly I would be shocked if he didn't win it. Zack Ryder would be a good choice too, but Kofi is arguably the most ultra-babyface wrestler in WWE. Perfect for the kids.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Damien Sandow seems good with children.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Santino was the first one I thought of when I saw the thread. Sandow would be a hilarious heel one for the kids though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Santino was the first one I thought of when I saw the thread. Sandow would be a hilarious heel one for the kids though.
Doesn't santino already do the announcing? I haven't seen it since the Rey episode, but he did back than

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Doesn't santino already do the announcing? I haven't seen it since the Rey episode, but he did back than

No clue, I haven't watched it in months. Wouldn't be hard to convert him from announcer to GM of the show though.