Samoa Joe's contract

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

TK.GFX said:
I'll put mic skills aside since Umaga's character doesnt talk. But based on in-ring talent and athltisism, Joe is better then Umaga IMO. You'v named a few athletic stuff that Umaga can do, but Joe does so much more. Like phantomgerald, watch Joe vs any X-Division Wrestler, Joe can keep up with them the whole match, and pulls off alot of athletic moves. Whens the last time Umaga did a running one legged dropkick, followed by a standing senton?
a baby could do a standing senton, god just fall onto your back. HOW HARD IS IT!? anyway i like them both equally, so i aint entering a huge debate

HHHforever

Reaction score
So I just read a rumor that said that Joe would consider coming to the WWE if they made him a comporable offer to TNA and they gave him a good gimmick. Now that is assuming that Joe hasn't already accepted an offer behind closed doors. Now you know my feelings on Joe and don't really want him to come to the WWE. However if he did, how big of a hit would that be to TNA? I think it would be fairly large considering he's one of the main guys on TNA. What does everyone think about the impications that would give TNA if he left to come to the WWE?

it would be a huge blow to tna, because ever since joe came they have pushed him. think of the win streak that he had. the dominance. all down the toilet

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Yea that's kind of what I was thinking. I mean it might just be bs and he already has a deal. I guess we'll see over the coming weeks with how TNA uses him. If they push him then I'm going to assume that they either have a deal or are confident that they will make one. If not them I'm going to assume that there might be some truth to it. Yet again though I take most internet reports for a grain a salt, so I wouldn't be shocked if there's nothing to it.

hope he doesnt leave. tna wont be the same without him

jaydawg30

Reaction score
i saw joe in roh and he better than in tna. wwe could use a guy like him if they use him right.

John

He used to be pushed proper in ROH since i watched him on youtube i enjoyed watching them. WWE need a good star like Joe at this time since HHH is out with steph, Shawn knee is giving him problems (Just like me), John Cena is annoying fans. Orton Vs. Joe at wrestlemania 24 could be a history making match for all to enjoy.

HHHforever

Reaction score
WWE need a good star like Joe at this time since HHH is out with steph, Shawn knee is giving him problems (Just like me), John Cena is annoying fans. Orton Vs. Joe at wrestlemania 24 could be a history making match for all to enjoy.

HHH was gone for like a week cuz his brother in law died(it only looked longer because they taped 2 shows in the same week) and depending on when the kid is born I wouldn't expect him to miss more than maybe 2 shows tops. HBK is fine imo. He did an interview a while back where he said the knees felt pretty good, so I dunno where you got that one at. Cena isn't going anywhere just because you hate him. Joe is under contract until June, I think, so he won't be at Wrestlemania 24. I personally don't think the WWE needs Joe, I just think it would be a big hit to TNA.

Airfixx

As good a worker as he may be, I just can't imagine Vince taking him with that physique.

Soulpower

Its about time that someone closed this topic...

In regard to rumors that Samoa Joe is working without a TNA deal or with a TNA deal that is set to expire in a few months, both are incorrect. Similar rumors came up a few months back, including one that claimed Joe was going to sign a WWE developmental deal.

On 10/13/07, during TNA Bound for Glory weekend in Atlanta, I interviewed Joe for the PWInsider.com Elite section. The interview, which is still available, featured Joe commenting on his contractual status and his reaction to the rumors of his departure at that time:

"It's not so much frustration, but it's funny. I first heard [the rumors] when I came to work, to TNA. I came to the taping and I think BG James threw a comment at me, something like, 'Hey look, there's the 50 thousand dollar man' or something. Someone laughed and I kind of looked at him and said, 'What does that mean' and he said that the big rumor on the Internet was that you wanted to leave TNA to sign a $50,000 WWE developmental deal. I kind of looked around and said, 'What!'

Honestly, that's pretty stupid. I don't know why I'd work three times as hard for a fraction of what I'm making now. It definitely was an unfounded rumor. I guess it was a slow news week day and someone said, 'Oh, let's make something up.'

As far as there being any truth to the rumors, none at all. I'm still signed to TNA for a few more years now and last time I checked, contracts are still legally binding, so I'm good to go."

So, there you have it. Similar rumors plagued the TNA status of Team 3D in recent months with reports indicating they were leaving the company, when they are actually signed through September 2008.

PWInsider.com

He's not going anywhere, at least not in the near future.

ALL CAPS EDIT: PLEASE READ IT, PEOPLE!! MORE OFTEN THAN NOT SITES LIKE GERWECK AND WRESTLEZONE POST "NEWS" THAT ARE TOTAL BS. PWINSIDER AND WRESTLING OBSERVER ARE THE MOST RELIABLE SITES AS IT RELATES TO WRESTLING NEWS, AND EVEN THEY MAKE MISTAKES. IF YOU DON'T SEE IT ON PWINSIDER OR IN WO... CHANCES ARE THAT IT WAS ALL MADE UP!

IN SHORT... DON'T GO AROUND POSTING ANY AND ALL NEWS YOU SEE IN ANY AND ALL WRESTLING SITES!

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Its about time that someone closed this topic...

In regard to rumors that Samoa Joe is working without a TNA deal or with a TNA deal that is set to expire in a few months, both are incorrect. Similar rumors came up a few months back, including one that claimed Joe was going to sign a WWE developmental deal.

On 10/13/07, during TNA Bound for Glory weekend in Atlanta, I interviewed Joe for the PWInsider.com Elite section. The interview, which is still available, featured Joe commenting on his contractual status and his reaction to the rumors of his departure at that time:

"It's not so much frustration, but it's funny. I first heard [the rumors] when I came to work, to TNA. I came to the taping and I think BG James threw a comment at me, something like, 'Hey look, there's the 50 thousand dollar man' or something. Someone laughed and I kind of looked at him and said, 'What does that mean' and he said that the big rumor on the Internet was that you wanted to leave TNA to sign a $50,000 WWE developmental deal. I kind of looked around and said, 'What!'

Honestly, that's pretty stupid. I don't know why I'd work three times as hard for a fraction of what I'm making now. It definitely was an unfounded rumor. I guess it was a slow news week day and someone said, 'Oh, let's make something up.'

As far as there being any truth to the rumors, none at all. I'm still signed to TNA for a few more years now and last time I checked, contracts are still legally binding, so I'm good to go."

So, there you have it. Similar rumors plagued the TNA status of Team 3D in recent months with reports indicating they were leaving the company, when they are actually signed through September 2008.

PWInsider.com

He's not going anywhere, at least not in the near future.

ALL CAPS EDIT: PLEASE READ IT, PEOPLE!! MORE OFTEN THAN NOT SITES LIKE GERWECK AND WRESTLEZONE POST "NEWS" THAT ARE TOTAL BS. PWINSIDER AND WRESTLING OBSERVER ARE THE MOST RELIABLE SITES AS IT RELATES TO WRESTLING NEWS, AND EVEN THEY MAKE MISTAKES. IF YOU DON'T SEE IT ON PWINSIDER OR IN WO... CHANCES ARE THAT IT WAS ALL MADE UP!

IN SHORT... DON'T GO AROUND POSTING ANY AND ALL NEWS YOU SEE IN ANY AND ALL WRESTLING SITES!

Yeah I mainly go to the prowrestling.com forums and to see all the bullshit people post in that WWE forum makes my stomach turn and embrasses me as a wrestling fan lol.

As for Samoa Joe it would be really easy to take what he said the wrong way especially when he's denieng a rumour. You can easily turn around what he said for an"Samoa Joe is lazy and is making too much money in tna!" headline. By the way what is he doing talking to BG James :kwasny1:

HHHforever

Reaction score

I was just saying something that I read, in fact I said it was probably bull shit. I don't believe hardly any internet reports until I see real action that backs up what the reports is claiming. I was and I think everyone else on here was just stating their opinion on the option that he could leave at some point and what would happen to TNA if he did. That's why it's a rumor, cuz it's more than likely not true.

Soulpower

I was just saying something that I read, in fact I said it was probably bull shit.

I know... It wasn't meant to be a shot at you. More of a warning to people in general that some "news sites" tend to spew out more BS more than others.

Sorry if it came out wrong :shifty:

CenaMark54

Not one wrestling site is reliable in my opinion.

Its still interesting to read some of the ideas that are thrown around even if they are bullshit.

Plus most of things posted on those sites are pretty obvious. They take current events and make guesses about the future. For Example.....

Credit: CenaMarkwrestling.net

Since Cena's return, there is talk backstage that Cena will take the belt off Orton at No Mercy

See how easy this is. I should start a site.

Credit: CM54.com

Hulk Hogan was seen backstage at a recent TNA taping. A high ranking TNA official says that Hogan and Jarrett are working out a deal that would see Hogan wrestle a few events per year.