Samoa Joe's contract

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

To say that TNA people won't get push in WWE is stupid, Marcus Cor Von was pushed in a certain way. Besides, he's hearing that WWE is full from politics from Kurt Angle, a guy that was part of the politics and that is mounting his own reign of politics in TNA, and from Booker, that goes around saying he "is an innocent man" and was suspended for nothing.

At the end of the day, Samoa Joe will base his decision in wether he gets the title reign on TNA or not.

The Ripper

Reaction score
How can people say WWE hates TNA gys they just signed Harris and Killings not to mention Jeff Hardy who even though WWE gave him his huge break went to TNA had a pretty good run then went back to WWE where he is now in M/E / upper midcard.

HHHforever how can you say u think Umaga is more athletic the closest he gets is his big splash from the top. Joe is well more athletic for his size he beats Umaga by just hitting a kick to somebody sat on top turnbuckle.

As for him hearing about the politics from the likes of Angle/Booker, i think he would listen more to the people he worked with closely in ROH like Punk, plus the other ex ROH stars who have gone to WWE.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Agree with you on the first part about WWE signing talent.

As far as Joe-Umaga, I really just am not impressed nor do I really like Joe. I think when you look at Umaga's size he is just really, really impressive. I didn't really like Umaga that much last year, but then as I watched him more I really noticed how good he really was. I used to think all he had was the spike and running into with his giant ass, but he has a look of other really good moves. I think he is tremendously atheltic for his size. Whereas Joe imo just looks like a fat out of shape person and his matches are just akward to me, I dunno I just don't really like him that much it's nothing personal, it's just my opinion.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
How can people say WWE hates TNA gys they just signed Harris and Killings not to mention Jeff Hardy who even though WWE gave him his huge break went to TNA had a pretty good run then went back to WWE where he is now in M/E / upper midcard.

HHHforever how can you say u think Umaga is more athletic the closest he gets is his big splash from the top. Joe is well more athletic for his size he beats Umaga by just hitting a kick to somebody sat on top turnbuckle.

As for him hearing about the politics from the likes of Angle/Booker, i think he would listen more to the people he worked with closely in ROH like Punk, plus the other ex ROH stars who have gone to WWE.

Agreed, Joe is much more athletic then Umaga, granted, Umaga pulls some nice kicks and a splash, but Joe does all kinds of leaping kicks, sentons, dives to the outside. Joe > Umaga.

chessarmy

Knowing WWE they'd make him job to Funaki simply because he's from TNA. Then Steph would fire him because the numerical value of the letters in Joe's name are 10, 15, and 5, which add up to 30, and she hates that number. Or something else that has nothing to do with his talent or overness.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is probably the funniest thing you've posted on here LOL. Yea, that will probably happen...

and to Cenamark, how in the fuck is Jama..I mean, Umaga better than Samoa Joe? Joe has a better gimmick, he is much more talented in the ring (how many 5 star matches has Umaga been in?) and he cuts waaay better promos. I hope TNA doesn't let him go, and I have a feeling that they wont

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

look you guys are debating who is better. i like them bothg. in fact umaga is one of my fave wwe wrestlers. but it dont matter

The Rated R CMStar

It's not up to TNA, it's up to him. TNA already offered him the contract and he rejected it.

And Umaga is better than Samoa Joe. Besides, the 5 star matches thing is really arguable, as it depends to everyone's opinion the rating of a match. Comparing Umaga's and Joe's promos is stupid because, well, Umaga's character doesn't cut promos.

phantomgerald

LOL at people saying Umaga is better than Joe. Umaga is just the big guy jobber in RAW right now, I can't even remember when he won a proper feud.

And umaga more athletic than Joe? Watch Joe vs Daniels or any X division wrestler. He can keep up with them the whole match. Umaga would have died. And what athletic moves does Umaga have? Charging and ramming his ass into the guy at the turnbuckle? What else? LOL

And there's a reason why Jamal had to have Rico and Armando manage him. Because he sucks at mic skills, plain and simple.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Winning a feud isn't necissarily a reflection of how good a wrestler Umaga is. HBK lost his feud to Cena earlier this year and I'd say that HBK is a much better wrestler than Cena. So talent has nothing to do with winning feuds.

Secondly how can you Umaga is not athletic. First of all he has in the past used a super kick, the samoan drop he used on Kendrick a couple of weeks ago was one of the best moves I've seen in a while, and he does that splash which if you watched Raw last week is very impressive because he jumped 3/4 of the ring, even though he missed cuz HBK moved out of the way.

As far as mic skills are concerned, as CMS said Umaga's character doesn't have mic skills because he doesn't speak English, his character that is. So comparing his mic skills to Joe's or anyone else's is just plain dumb.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
^Winning a feud isn't necissarily a reflection of how good a wrestler Umaga is. HBK lost his feud to Cena earlier this year and I'd say that HBK is a much better wrestler than Cena. So talent has nothing to do with winning feuds.

Secondly how can you Umaga is not athletic. First of all he has in the past used a super kick, the samoan drop he used on Kendrick a couple of weeks ago was one of the best moves I've seen in a while, and he does that splash which if you watched Raw last week is very impressive because he jumped 3/4 of the ring, even though he missed cuz HBK moved out of the way.

As far as mic skills are concerned, as CMS said Umaga's character doesn't have mic skills because he doesn't speak English, his character that is. So comparing his mic skills to Joe's or anyone else's is just plain dumb.

I'll put mic skills aside since Umaga's character doesnt talk. But based on in-ring talent and athltisism, Joe is better then Umaga IMO. You'v named a few athletic stuff that Umaga can do, but Joe does so much more. Like phantomgerald, watch Joe vs any X-Division Wrestler, Joe can keep up with them the whole match, and pulls off alot of athletic moves. Whens the last time Umaga did a running one legged dropkick, followed by a standing senton?

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Everyone has different move sets. You guys keep talking about watching Joe vs. the X division. Well a lot of Umaga's best matches have been against Jeff Hardy, who runs and flies around with the best of them and Umaga keeps up just fine with him. So to say Umaga can't keep up with fast guys would be inaccurate to say the least imo.

The Rated R CMStar

Besides, Umaga is heavier and bigger than Samoa Joe, so when I see Umaga hitting a Savate Kick over his own head, I see that more impressive than Samoa Joe, who is relatively small, hitting an Enziguiri, because just being fat doesn't remove the fact that he is an X-Division Star.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Exactly. That's my point exactly. Like JR always says, Umaga is a super heavyweight, he's huge. Joe is just fat and out of shape, there's a big difference.

phantomgerald

^^^ Umaga isn't that big tbh. Maybe 300 plus pounds, and that's because he's fat. To say Joe is out of shape and Umaga is not is unfair. When Umaga vs Jeff Hardy, Umaga doesn't really do all that much, it's always Hardy who's all over the place. I'm not saying Umaga is bad, because he's not, but the crowd doesn't hate him nor love, they're just indifferent. It's bad for a wrestler when you get no reaction at all. And Umaga's character is obviously a swipe at TNA. If you can't tell, then you're obviously a WWE mark.