Sammy Guevara Suspended

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah, weird that they didn’t just do a referee stoppage also because that’s also a Kayfabe way to end a match.

Like I said a couple posts ago, though, I definitely think this situation just exposed a couple holes in the protocol and that can only be a good thing moving forward because now they can fix them.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
the thing is I'm assuming they've had presentations on head safety and the full protocol. I also could be wrong for sure

I'm too lazy to look, it could have been on a media call but I thought after the Moxley one Tony was asked about it and said they had a new system in place and mentioned the fines. It would feel like they were picking on Sammy for being a repeat offender if not lol

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
yeah I mean we're also using 3rd hand info so we don't know what was actually discussed and what the verbiage is, so now that I'm thinking about it, I suppose there's not much point debating it too much. clearly some miscommunication happened in aew felt a suspension was needed. I suppose those are the only verifiable facts atm unless Sammy makes a statement
This is true. We don’t know what the exact instruction is, but I will say, though, if five minutes went by though, I don’t think any verbiage should’ve been given to the wrestler. If the match had already been stopped and people were checking out for five minutes they should’ve just been wrong and Jeff been taken care of. You can figure out how to edit the match for the show later in my opinion.

Back to the verbiage though if Sammy wasn’t given vague instruction to go home and was specifically told to roll him up then I have no words for Sammy whatsoever. He’s just a moron.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't really give it much of a chance that he was told exactly "roll him up" fwiw, that would be ridiculous if he still hit the finish then

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Deonna using an ankle lock to finish Madison the same week or wtv prob made him look worse too :s

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I want to preface this by saying I’m not one of the people that still holds a grudge against Jack Perry and I’m actually very much interested in what he’s gonna do in new Japan but I would absolutely love the memes if Sammy returns from his suspension first. :bosque

writtenin1981

Reaction score
I don't really give it much of a chance that he was told exactly "roll him up" fwiw, that would be ridiculous if he still hit the finish then
I keep going back to whatever he and Jeff discussed in their brief tie up before the finish. Did Jeff tell him "give me your finish and pin me"? That's what I am stuck on in all of this is that Jeff, having been a wrestler longer than Sammy has been alive, has some responsibility in this situation as well. If he is telling Sammy to do something, is Sammy in a position at this point in his career to say "no" to a 30 year veteran who is telling him what to do, even if that veteran maybe concussed at that moment?

Could it be a case where the referee gave them orders to finish the match and Jeff gave him the go ahead to do the spot?

And that is playing devil's advocate since none of us know what the discussion was or anything like that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean quite frankly no one more than 2 years in the business should probably be letting Jeff do any calling in the ring regardless of concussions being involved :lol

writtenin1981

Reaction score
I mean quite frankly no one more than 2 years in the business should probably be letting Jeff do any calling in the ring regardless of concussions being involved :lol
You make a darn fine point there, my friend... Well played!

Reactions: Chris

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I’ve only seen it reported that he was told to pin Jeff. Assuming that’s what happened, Sammy shouldn’t be punished for this, the ref should have stopped the match or found a way to indicate there was a serious injury so he would know what to do. This should be pinned on the ref.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

A response of sort at the end of the video

Thanks for watching. And to the people who support me whether it be from the beginning or in the middle or maybe this is your first video you’ve watched of mine, I just wanted to say thank you.
I understand that I am a person who has made mistakes but I am also a person who has tried to be better. “Roll with the punches" is a saying that I truly understand now at 30 years old. Life will throw a lot at you.
But it is how you deal with those adversities that make you who you are. I know who I am and I know what I’m going after.
See you at the top.

Reactions: Cwalker