Sami Zayn thinks he's a tough guy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

utvolzac

Patiently waiting for the Attitude Era to return
Reaction score
That fan is pretty lucky that Sami Zayn didn't have to physically hurt him tbh.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think Sami Zayn would automatically kick this guy’s ass?

Sami doesn’t have a tough guy rep like Haku or Harley Race. He’s certainly not physically imposing, he’s very much the average guy for size/strength. I’ve never heard of him having any kind of training like Daniel Bryan or Jack Gallagher, who’ve trained mma.

Being a pro wrestler doesn’t give you any significant training advantage in a real fight except most likely a huge cardio advantage.

The fan could have been in 100 bar fights and mop the floor with Sami. Or he could be a loud mouth coach potato who Sami could handle easily. But it seems crazy to think 100% guaranteed Sami could lay a beating on every dude off the steet like he’s Brock Lesnar.

nWo4Lyfe420

Banned
Reaction score
That’s a fair point, but honestly everyone has something that will set them off. Fan happen to just use what Sami off. For you or me it might be different. Being a wrestler he can’t just hit the fan first. That’s a lawsuit.

Based on the unhinged meltdown he had I think it's a safe bet that he would have thrown his little tantrum over anything a fan said to him. Someone like Sami is not cutout for public interaction, but unfortunately he blends right in with the mob mentality fascist left that you just can't avoid these days.

Reactions: Swamps

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Based on the unhinged meltdown he had I think it's a safe bet that he would have thrown his little tantrum over anything a fan said to him. Someone like Sami is not cutout for public interaction, but unfortunately he blends right in with the mob mentality fascist left that you just can't avoid these days.

Let’s not act like both sides don’t get upset over shit and throw fits. It ain’t just a left thing.

But hey you have your opinion. I’ll have mine and we’ll move on.

Reactions: Hoss

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
But far-leftists have terrible ideals.

I agree. I don’t like the far left or the far right. To far either way is dangerous. I’m more of a middle of the road guy myself as I support issues on both sides. But this ain’t the thread for it so let’s not go down the road.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what makes you think Sami Zayn would automatically kick this guy’s ass?

Sami doesn’t have a tough guy rep like Haku or Harley Race. He’s certainly not physically imposing, he’s very much the average guy for size/strength. I’ve never heard of him having any kind of training like Daniel Bryan or Jack Gallagher, who’ve trained mma.

Being a pro wrestler doesn’t give you any significant training advantage in a real fight except most likely a huge cardio advantage.

The fan could have been in 100 bar fights and mop the floor with Sami. Or he could be a loud mouth coach potato who Sami could handle easily. But it seems crazy to think 100% guaranteed Sami could lay a beating on every dude off the steet like he’s Brock Lesnar.

It's not like he doesn't know how to handle pain though. He's gotten hit with chairs. Pretty sure he can take a punch

Reactions: DammitC

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
People are actually defending that homophobic fan :heston Wow...
How many people are defending the fan as opposed to criticizing Sami?

By all accounts the fan sounds like a tool.

utvolzac

Patiently waiting for the Attitude Era to return
Reaction score
It's not like he doesn't know how to handle pain though. He's gotten hit with chairs. Pretty sure he can take a punch

To be fair the spots in wrestling, he knows it’s coming and can prepare for it, plus his opponents aren’t trying to kill him and are trying to protect him as best as possible.

Not that pro wrestlers aren’t tough or don’t have a high pain tolerance, they do. But taking worked spots or gimmicked props is a lot different than taking a real life punch where your opponent is trying to hurt you.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Why would Sami have to put his hands on the fan to be tough?

Do people not realize the legal ramifications of doing so? Why should Sami have to deal with any of that just because some no-name fuck called him a slur? People need to be realists about this. He confronted the guy because he was being a nuisance to people around him and there were kids in the audience. There's no fucking need for any of that shit from shithead's part.

Strong allegations there. Do you know for a fact that the fan is homophobic? That word has a lot of different meanings.

I didn't realize Canadian smurf had a lot of different meanings when it only has two legitimate definitions. He's homophobic for what he said. Don't try to defend him, because that's not a hill you want to die on.

I've said it before, albeit sarcastically, and I'll say it again, this is not good discussion. Sami not wanting to be in a fight is a personal choice of his and has no bearing on his toughness or what have you. Demonizing someone for something like that is stupid and is equally cowardly. Talk shit in your head, not from your mouth.

nWo4Lyfe420

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't realize Canadian smurf had a lot of different meanings when it only has two legitimate definitions. He's homophobic for what he said. Don't try to defend him, because that's not a hill you want to die on.

I've said it before, albeit sarcastically, and I'll say it again, this is not good discussion. Sami not wanting to be in a fight is a personal choice of his and has no bearing on his toughness or what have you. Demonizing someone for something like that is stupid and is equally cowardly. Talk shit in your head, not from your mouth.

Are you threatening me because I won't pull out a pitchfork and join the hate mob in the court of public opinion to crucify someone over saying a word? I'm assuming you must have never said a single word in your life that could be considered offensive to anyone, otherwise you are coming off as a huge hypocrite here.

There are also examples of wrestlers in this thread (Bret Hart and CM Punk) who have flat out called people homos. Are they homophobic people to you? Should any discussion of them be banned from the site? Does it make someone who likes or defends them a homophobe? Or are you just here to cherry pick when it suits you most?

This is pro wrestling. A soap opera where men and women talk trash to each other and then settle it with a play fight. The goal of a heel is to piss off the fans. You shouldn't put yourself in the face of the public if you can't handle reactions of all kinds. The fans are (or at least 'were' when they actually cared about the product they were watching) just as much a part of the show as the wrestlers. When a heel does their job fans say things back that they think will piss them off. That's what it came across as to me watching the video. So if my "hill to die on" is not wanting to label someone I don't know a homophobe just for calling a wrestler a word then so be it.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I just like to see people put their money where their mouth is. Easy to talk shit online when you know you’ll never have to back it up.

There seems to be a lot of people like that. I’m not a big fan of Zayn, but, he’d easily lace anyone here, especially the pretend tough guys. They keep forgetting that wrestlers are still trained athletes, no matter the fact that wrestling is scripted.