SACKED - Mancini

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

acailler

Reaction score
And so it begins...

2044b95a159fe7671b90c63f09884a55.jpg

It is with regret that Manchester City Football Club announces that Roberto Mancini has been relieved of his duties as Manchester City Manager.

This has been a difficult decision for the owner, Chairman and Board to make and it is the outcome of a planned end of season review process that has been brought forward in light of recent speculation and out of respect for Roberto and his extensive contributions to the Football Club.
Despite everyone’s best efforts, the Club has failed to achieve any of its stated targets this year, with the exception of qualification for next season’s UEFA Champions League. This, combined with an identified need to develop a holistic approach to all aspects of football at the Club, has meant that the decision has been taken to find a new manager for the 2013/14 season and beyond.
Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: “Roberto’s record speaks for itself and he has the respect and gratitude of Sheikh Mansour, myself and the Board for all of his hard work and commitment over the last three and a half years. He has clearly also secured the love and respect of our fans. He has done as he promised and delivered silverware and success, breaking the Club’s 35-year trophy drought and securing the title in 2012. I would like to personally and publicly thank him for his dedication to the progress that he has overseen and for his support and continued friendship."
Assistant Manager Brian Kidd will take interim responsibility for the remaining two games of the season and the post-season tour to the United States.

acailler

Reaction score
Absolutely Blue decisions. Man City literally are the new Chelsea.

AGREED. I don't see what the point in sacking him with a game to go is...

Southport Managers job is available :smug:

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Stupid decision. Interesting for next season though with City, Utd and Chelsea all going to be introducing new managers.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Well that sure as hell is a stupid decision from a football club if I ever saw one.

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
If United did this to Ferguson when failed to win a cup in a season, United would not be the successful team they are today.

Reactions: Cloud and Crayo

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
13th may 2012 man city win the premier league

13th may 2013 man city sack roberto mancini man united have title parade
Shocking, can't help but be a little bit happy though, don't like City, and I wouldn't have liked Mancini if he wasn't a nutter. :lol1:

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
They'll get Pellegrini now probably.
Considering he couldn't win a title after spending over £200million with Real Madrid, it will certainly be interesting! RM did finish with 96 points with Pellegrini to be fair, but just didn't match to Barca's standard even though RM spent much more money.