Ryback vs Tensai match is bullshit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Typical Dolph fashion, instead of actually trying to debate my point and ask valid questions -- like most users would -- you go ahead and try to boost your e-peen, that too is embarrassing.

My e-peen doesn't need boosting. It is maxed out.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dat Kid From Jersey said:
In terms of how he is being brought up and the demeanor of his character, you must admit that Ryback is as similar to Goldberg. I do like Ryback though despite this so I couldn't really care. I wouldn't want to jump the gun on talent since Ryback has had short matches. I'd like to see how well he does in an actual match, perhaps a feud with Kane or Show.

I'm not going to deny the similarities, but why is anyone using that as a negative? Being compared to Goldberg is a privilege, yet people use it as a reason for him to be "buried" or even fired. Ryback is more talented than Goldberg, many users on here have agreed.

I too want to see how he does in a long match, I've never ever seen him in one. I also wish they gave him more mic time since he's a talented talker too.

Also, it's demeanour* :p.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I'm not going to deny the similarities, but why is anyone using that as a negative? Being compared to Goldberg is a privilege, yet people use it as a reason for him to be "buried" or even fired. Ryback is more talented than Goldberg, many users on here have agreed.

I too want to see how he does in a long match, I've never ever seen him in one. I also wish they gave him more mic time since he's a talented talker too.

MAYBE more talented (it's not like he's doing anything TOO special) but Goldberg had this charisma about him and he had incredible athleticism (especially for someone his size). So damn viscous too, he was a legit beast.

Ryberg just seems like generic monster #547 with a Goldberg-esque gimmick. His head bobbing, arm swinging and "scary'' looks/faces in the ring seem so lifeless, awkward and forced.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I have wanted Ryback to go up against a guy his size and lose but oh no fucking Ryback has to look dominant and win when looking at the match he struggled to pick Tensai up and from Raw this week looks like he botched badly. Ryback is overrated and a liability in the ring I guess that news report saying talent didnt want to wrestle Ryback as hes to dangerous was true. Stop this bullshit and get Ryback off my tv screen

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
You want a list of repeated gimmicks? It's professional wrestling, the dominant no-nonsense streak gimmick is going to continue forever, get over it.

Gloves? Oh no, must be Goldberg. Bald? Goldberg definitely. Beard? Oh shit DB you're Goldberg too. Ryback is a LOT more talented than Goldberg, all fans who call him "Ryberg" or chant "Goldberg" during matches are genuinely embarrassing if I'm honest.

I'll give this a real go.

I don't think most people making the comparison are doing it negatively. Some, sure. Most, not IMO. You put the negative connotation on the comparison when you come in like 'nuh uh dude. Ryback >>> Goldberg'- as if being compared to Goldberg is a bad thing. I know I've made it pretty clear I'm a Ryback fan, I put him in my top 5 faces of wrestling http://wweforums.net/showthread.php?tid=13259

I look at it like if someone were comparing Benoit to Dynamite Kid back in the early 90s. The similarities are obvious, so why would Benoit or a Benoit mark get defensive about being compared to an all time great? Would fans chanting 'Dynamite Kid' at a Benoit match be 'embarrassing' ? It's just a fun chant to do 'Goooooooollllllldbeeeerg' so fans do it in jest during boring squash matches. If Ryback were in a legit feud and in a serious match at a PPV I doubt fans would bother with the chant.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
dethfvk said:
MAYBE more talented (it's not like he's doing anything TOO special) but Goldberg had this charisma about him and he had incredible athleticism (especially for someone his size). So damn viscous too, he was a legit beast.

Ryberg just seems like generic monster #547 with a Goldberg-esque gimmick. His head bobbing, arm swinging and "scary'' looks/faces in the ring seem so lifeless, awkward and forced.

Crayo always undercuts Goldberg as a performer, nothing new.

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
personally, I thought Albert purposely didnt help ryback there.. most of thew match looked stiff... i think alberts done after this

Reactions: Jose Tortilla

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
dethfvk said:

Agreed, Goldberg had the IT Factor. His look was magnificent (one of the best), his spear was fucking lethal, he looked and felt like a fucking animal. But he was piss poor in the ring -- something Ryback isn't -- and was probably a liability to be honest. I like the quirks to Ryback's gimmick, the head bobbing, the fact he's hungry for new "pray", I think them changing a gimmick in which many have labelled as stolen is something that we should want isn't it?

Ignoring BLFFL's post because it's just plain ignorant.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Crayo said:

I can see where people might view it as a negative because it's been done before and it's very similar, unlike other repeated things in wrestling. It's like if someone tried to copy undertaker's gimmick, just not happening. The reason I don't mind it with Ryback is that he's actually pulling it off. Now if he ends Daniel Bryan's career (equivalent of Bret/Goldberg) then we know he is truly the same as Goldberg