Ryan Renolds comments on Deadpool movie

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Deadpool is ‘Like the Worst Relationship I’ve Ever Had,’ Says Ryan Reynolds – Spinoff Online – TV, Film, and Entertainment News Daily

Whatever happened to the Merc with the Mouth? That’s a question that not even Ryan Reynolds can really answer.

“That movie is alive and kicking, and then it’s dead as a doornail,†Reynolds told Total Film in a recent interview, speaking about the status of his long-planned Deadpool movie. “Then it’s alive and kicking and then it’s dead … it’s like the worst relationship I’ve ever had!â€

Fox’s known superhero movie plans consist of this summer’s The Wolverine, 2014′s X-Men: Days of Future Past and 2015′s Fantastic Four reboot. Altthough Deadpool was announced shortly after the release of X-Men Origins: Wolverine in 2009, no release date has been set. Still, Reynolds sounds optimistic about the content of the current script, even if it’s not pushing forward at top speed.

“The character knows he’s a comic-book character, he knows he’s in a film, he knows who the executives are at the studio making the movie,†he said. “In the current iteration of the script, Deadpool is aware of the Wolverine movie. He doesn’t say anything disparaging about it but he does at one point play with the Deadpool action figure with some curiosity.â€

Sounds like the current script is going to change the way movie goers see Deadpool, and that they want to do some fan service with the character by breaking the 4th wall, and acknowledging the Wolverine: Origins movie(little things that wont change the way of the movie, but will still keep comic book fans from ranting on & on).

My only concern is that this has now been in the works for so long, that by the time it gets done(if ever), that most people would have forgot the character, good for comic book fans, who are probably still trying to forget Deadpool from Wolverine, but from Fox's standpoint, could really hurt the marketability of the film.

Any thoughts?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I've almost stopped caring. Would be nice if it was complete though, as I think it would make a fun movie.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Would only care about Deadpool if it was a different lead actor. Ryan Reynolds is as lame as they get and his movies are shit and he has an irritating cadence that borders on Nick Cage levels.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Would only care about Deadpool if it was a different lead actor. Ryan Reynolds is as lame as they get and his movies are shit and he has an irritating cadence that borders on Nick Cage levels.

Very true.

This is the era of Superhero movies. It's going to be a tough sell to bring Deadpool to the big screen.

What about an adult-oriented animated series, like they did back in the day with Spawn: the Animated Series? They could do that, and gauge interest in a possible movie.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Honestly don't see this movie ever getting made.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Deadpool doesn't need some massive budget to pull off, it's a ninja with a sword who breaks the fourth wall. you don't need Iron Man/Avengers money, you don't even need high paid actors for it. One leading man and a good stunt team is all you need imo.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Honestly, could go the Darth Vader route and have a comedian voice Deadpool, and have a stunt man under the mask. Honestly I think Reynolds would work, because you don't even need to be a good comedian, just kinda jovial.

Marvel recently did a series of Anime cartoons for Iron Man, Wolverine, X-Men, & Blade. I think Deadpool would work best in a story done like that, epic swordfights and shootouts, and cheesy corny comedy. I wish they would have tested some newer markets with those anime.