RVD/TNA Update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
» For those of you who listen to WZR Radio on a weekly basis, you know that I have heard rumors that Rob Van Dam and TNA have reached a deal. According to my source, the deal was reached and signed several weeks ago around TNA's Final Resolution PPV. I never reported this here on the site until I could get further confirmation. Unfortunately, I still have been unable to get this confirmed by anyone within TNA. I'm not sure if they're trying to keep it a major secret or just simply do not know as they claim. I just thought I'd throw it out there though.

Okay, so what it is not totally confirmed, but from the looks of it, it sounds like it to me and yeah, it also sounds like they are really trying to keep this unknown. If this is the case, IMO, YES!!!!!!!!!!! The wrestling war is on and if indeed he did sign, I can't wait to see him in action in TNA.

If I or others get anything further on this, post it here.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
So how does RVD make the difference that Angle, Christian, Foley etc didn't?

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
So how does RVD make the difference that Angle, Christian, Foley etc didn't?

Well hey, not saying that he is the holy grail to wrestling or TNA for that matter. I am just excited that he is going if it turns out to be true and with his style, if TNA indeed goes back to what worked in the beginning, he should fit right in. Not to mention, RVD does have a legit fan following so if nothing else, he will will be able to take even more fans along with him which only helps the ratings.

He may or may not be anything different from the others you mentioned, but he will be able to make an impact even if that impact is minute.

noumenon

Remember when he returned for RAW's anniversary show and he was just about the sloppiest thing on two legs in a wrestling ring? Yeah, expect that.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Remember when he returned for RAW's anniversary show and he was just about the sloppiest thing on two legs in a wrestling ring? Yeah, expect that.

Maybe and I slightly remember that but the one thing that was constant no matter how his in ring skills were was the crowd that was totally behind him. Again his skills did not matter in that sense of speaking, but I agree to a point, if he does not perform well or look good, then that can also drop that fan base that he yet has or what is left of it.

The Rated R CMStar

I don't see any appeal on RVD in TNA. Some could say AJ vs RVD, but what would be the point of AJ completely owning and exposing RVD? Besides, if Van Dam himself isn't excited about the prospect of that match, why should I be?

xtremebadass

I also hear they almost signed Jeff Hardy, but idk if that was true or not.

Wordlife

^probably not, but it'd kick a ton of ass if him AND RVD showed up on the 4th now wouldn't it

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
I also hear they almost signed Jeff Hardy, but idk if that was true or not.

Last thing I heard of Jeff was that he was staying low and possibly waiting on trial and sentencing if it comes to that and he is confirmed as guilty with time to serve. But, if he did sign with TNA and went back to them with RVD as well, yeah, that would kick major A$$!

Nation

I'd love to see RVD go to TNA. Screw the WWE right now with it being PG.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Matter what kind of mindset RVD has when walking into this.

Does he want to work with Hulk Hogan and see TNA battle WWE.

Or does he wanna make money so he can afford his comic books.

He's a great worker with a really unique style that OFFERS alot. I hate how everyone is giving shit on RVD. Yeah you're probably going to get hurt working with him. Tough up you're a wrestler, hurt him back. He smokes weed and whatever else. Oh fucking well, he's in the bodybuilder buisness and you're bitching about pot.

The guy's a highlight reel who brings a awe inspiring energy (EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME). this guy is really underrated and it's not right. He's had like two times to shine in the WWE spotlight, (last one I remember, was when he was a transitional champ for a month to give Edge the belt. That was a good time for wrestling, I remember being excited that summer) He did a major fuck up while he was in the spotlight but nonetheless, great worker and deserves that spotlight more then the next guy

I'd love to see him in TNA and work with AJ

Travis40

Not to mention, RVD does have a legit fan following so if nothing else, he will will be able to take even more fans along with him which only helps the ratings.

You're honestly telling me that if Angle didn't bring ratings....if Booker didn't bring ratings......if Christian didn't bring ratings.....that RVD would bring ratings? really?

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
You're honestly telling me that if Angle didn't bring ratings....if Booker didn't bring ratings......if Christian didn't bring ratings.....that RVD would bring ratings? really?

Look at guys like Chuck. They grew up watching ECW and seeing this guy in his prime. There you go, there's a off the sheet market that with the right booking, will go and see what RVD is doing in TNA. (why the hell would booker bring ratings, he wasn't the face of WCW like RVD was for ECW)

Reaction score
Man, this is nothing special at all. Just means that RVD's comic shop is either out of business or just doesn't make ends meet or doesn't pay the reefer dealer.

No one care's less than RVD. That's not an opinion, that's a fuckin fact, even when he was in shape he was sloppy as hell, wrestled the same match for the entire duration of his WWE career and is just a one trick pony. BAD. BAD. BAD.